Question

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Question

Post by Valherran » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:10 am

Would it be unbalanced to be able to block all projectiles including spell projectiles with a shield? Reason asking is I am having trouble with Lava Lords in Act 1 Hell Difficulty and my Warrior gets dropped in 4 hits by these things. Getting resistance on an item that isnt littered with negative affixes (which IMHO is ridiculously frequent) is very hard to come by, I am surprised my resistance is positive on any section...
Promoting my friend's Dungeon Keeper 1 MOD for him:
http://keeperklan.com/threads/1790-Dung ... e2?p=35496

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Question

Post by onyx » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:16 am

I don't understand what you're actually asking ;)

If resistances is what you currently need, then you can sacrifice some other properties (equip items with resistances and some negative affixes), then switch back to your old gear once you move away from the area with the Lava Lords. Besides, you're a Warrior, you can craft shields with resistances. There are also recipes to produce rings and amulets with resistances.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:16 pm

He would like to know if you could do it so that Elemental ranged Spells can be blocked.

Actually i agree that in RL you can Block burning Rocks wich are thrown at you with a shild, but neigher in Diablo nor in games like Wow ode RoM you can Block those Spells. I am wondering why..

However Resistance is an issue in BtH especially in hellmode. There are only a few Sources to get elemental Resistance. Btw what happened to the original Anya quest? Why isnt there a Resistance scroll for doing a quest wich replaced it? (dunno wich one it will be).

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm

In Diablo 1 it was almost a requirment to carry a shield in the Caves in Hell Difficulty because Lightning Beasts and Lava Lords will tear you apart in seconds without it, and that is WITH max resistance <.<

I also found a bug while hunting for more books, if you create a town portal in Dungeon level 2, there is a random chance you will spawn in Halls Of The Blind. ;)

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:05 pm

actually its not a random chance. propably you created a Townportal where the stonecircle is or at leat near the circle. if you do so you allway get to the halls of blind. The range of that circle can be 2 or 3 rooms and it can be on any level 2 or 3 Dungeon. Sometimes there are 2-3 circles within one level.

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 am

Really? I know you were supposed to do it near a circle, but I was waaaay far away from it, and it has happened more than once so far, but if it doesn't bother anyone then oh well but I was just throing that out there to make sure. Anything you can do about my request? That would save us from so much torture... :(

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Do you see me actively working on the mod?
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:59 am

No because I have not been here in a long time due to me being out of state for a long period of time so if you aren't working on this and are working on something else then sorry, however if you decide to come back to this would you please put this into consideration?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:00 am

I'm not working on anything modding related at the moment due to lack of free time (I haven't even been as active in the forums lately). But who knows what might happen in the future.
ONYX

Return to “Back to Hellfire”