ERROR: Cannot find required DLL Fix

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Zgredzik112

ERROR: Cannot find required DLL Fix

Post by Zgredzik112 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 am

I think found the file that is causing the problems. It's the NewTxt.dll. I played the mod yesterday with Sandboxie and today when i tried to run it i had the missing dll error so i decided to re install D2 along with the mod. But this time i made a full game files copy b4 i tried to run it. After running the game i exited it and tried to run it again and boom, missing dll so i started to copy one file after another from the clean d2 copy and when i copied the NewTxt.dll it started working again.

So here is how i run sandboxie and how to fix the missing dll error:

To fix this simply copy the NewTxt.dll from downloaded mod folder to your Diablo II/BTH folder, and yes you have to do it every time you want to run the game.

I run sandboxie and right click on the icon that appears on the bottom right. Scroll on default box and pick run any program. Now i click on browse and find BTH.exe i check the box run as admin and click on ok. If i try to pick the location from the drop down menu for some odd reason it gives me the ACCESS_VIOLATION C0000005 error.

I hope it will help you guys fix the missing dll error. It worked for me and i hope it works for you too. :mrgreen:

Return to “Back to Hellfire”