BTH 1.02 and WIn 10

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Melatonina
Belgium

BTH 1.02 and WIn 10

Post by Melatonina » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am

Hey there :)

Registered only to post this issue I have with this wonderful mod :

I cant get the mod to work again with plugY. It simply does not lauch and D2SE crash with several msg errors..

I was doing very fine with a 1.12 + D2SE install, only crashed when tried to cube antidote etc. for the worm level in Kurast.
But then I encountered the Diablo quest bug .. couldnt go to NM , saved and exit method didnt worked, so I just uninstalled both and reinstalled ..

I then later saw on this forum about killing Baal prior to Diablo, I tried and it worked, quest changed to "Kill Diablo" and I could succesfully enter NM ( at level 47 lol..)

but most my items are on shared stash :(

Any help would be appreciated, my Rogue is having a hard time and I really cant play without the stash now that I've been used to. I also want my items back lol

Thanks for reading

Melatonina
Belgium

Re: BTH 1.02 and WIn 10

Post by Melatonina » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:52 am

Finally made it to work !

Install clean lod 1.12 + BTH 1.00 + BTH 1.02 + D2SE (run win7 compatibility)

Maybe it will help someone else :D

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm

For the installation with D2SE there are 2 working plugins available:

D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_with_Win7_Fix
D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_with_Win7_Fix_and_Xpack_1.00

The first is the official BTH 1.02 Release with PlugY and the fix for the windows 7+ sound problem (and maybe the multiplayer bugs. I'm not sure anymore). The second adds the Xpack 1.00 from here (better graphics and animations)

If you had problems with one of these two I would love to know.

Melatonina
Belgium

Post by Melatonina » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:09 pm

ChaosMarc wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm
For the installation with D2SE there are 2 working plugins available:

D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_with_Win7_Fix
D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_with_Win7_Fix_and_Xpack_1.00

The first is the official BTH 1.02 Release with PlugY and the fix for the windows 7+ sound problem (and maybe the multiplayer bugs. I'm not sure anymore). The second adds the Xpack 1.00 from here (better graphics and animations)

If you had problems with one of these two I would love to know.
Hi :) Thanks for that, it's good to know, but since now it's perfectly working, no crashes, sound is there .. I wont try to modify my game anymore :D

Already took me way too much time due to blizz installer (1.14b) unable to make it work, had to install from CDs which takes much more time when you do this 4-5 times in a row lmfao

I had to second one downloaded already and it wasn't changing anything to me

E/ wait what MULTIPLAYER ?
How do I go there ? still people playing it in 2019 with median and all others mods around ? :D

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 am

sorry to disappoint but for BTH there is just tcp/ip multiplayer (best with hamachi or similar) and no bnet (or private realm).
there are some other mods you can play on several private realms. best join our discord to find out which.

for your installer problem. there are two way to go around installing with the cds.
1. use the 1.12 installer which can be found here: https://mega.nz/#F!VIth1DKQ!Q42bVsCGQZ4UhoGjqvHxGw
2. use the 1.14 installer and fix the broken mpqs once with my versionchanger: https://versionchanger.chaosmarc.de/

Melatonina
Belgium

Post by Melatonina » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:59 pm

ChaosMarc wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 am
sorry to disappoint but for BTH there is just tcp/ip multiplayer (best with hamachi or similar) and no bnet (or private realm).
there are some other mods you can play on several private realms. best join our discord to find out which.

for your installer problem. there are two way to go around installing with the cds.
1. use the 1.12 installer which can be found here: https://mega.nz/#F!VIth1DKQ!Q42bVsCGQZ4UhoGjqvHxGw
2. use the 1.14 installer and fix the broken mpqs once with my versionchanger: https://versionchanger.chaosmarc.de/
Good, thanks for that, will check once I've beaten the game :D

By the way, is there any ways to find good uniques ? A list somewhere maybe or is it hidden like runewords ?
I have maybe found 10 uniques and several times the same crap claymore or gladiator's ring, I'm act 5 nightmare right now and dont really find much upgrades :(

Also have to say some bosses are taking too long for nothing else than time consuming, such as Lazarus with his teleport when struck .. god damn annoying and long ^^

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:48 am

sorry, can't help you with these questions. it's been years since I played this mod and I can't remember any details :-angel-:

Melatonina
Belgium

Post by Melatonina » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:10 am

ChaosMarc wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:48 am
sorry, can't help you with these questions. it's been years since I played this mod and I can't remember any details :-angel-:
Eh, ok ..

Just found TiNe rw, lol I'm now dealing 2x more physical dmg, and its a level 15 rw .. no wonder why bosses were taking so long :D

Return to “Back to Hellfire”