Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nosferatu

Re: Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Post by Nosferatu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm

Me again....this is called a double post or something?..
Lolt's Lar is extremly purple...is that intentionate?May i suggest making it duno some other color....cause purple is fine....but this is exagerately purple..my eyes hurt..everything is purple....too purple...
Some other suggestions: try importing those sounds from sacre like glad sais"morituri te salutant" or something like that...just hearing uh ah uh ah....all the time from barbarian...well...kind of dull.
Played many dII mods.....this one actually has some graphics....like the sorc lightning..ch light spell animation.....Try make water form(Invisibilty) to sorceress..like battle mage in sacred.
Sounds from sacred,UT,MK, and if you can add a combo hit to character then you could import sound from Killer instinct....you know the game....after 20+ combo's a loud voice sais"ULTRA".....could add that sound too..you know make it more fun..interesting...untill i killed those 17or so diablo's in that mausoleum.....i listened music...cause the sound was the same....uh ah ah uh ah ah....and again and again...like duracell....going and going and going
So that is why i suggest some new charactes sounds....voices if possible..
I have many other suggestions....but would require pages:)
Your mod....do as you wish...I just wanted to help...
If a man has nothing to die for, then he has nothing to live for.

ForestMan

Post by ForestMan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:30 pm

I played this MOD for the first time today! It was awesome! I felt proud of myself just to get to Cold Plains (or whatever it was called hehehe). But I really want things to CHANGE, I want everything nerfed! I don't want it to be `Diablo II` anymore, I want it to be Hades, I want it to be totally different. So I thought of some good changes...

NAMES OF ITEMS NEED TO BE CHANGED:
  • Hand Axe => Wood Splicer
    Buckler => Welded Shield
    Wand => Wooden Stick
    Sash => Clothed Belt
    Town Portal => Capital Warp
    Javelin => Sharpened Sticks
    Mana Potion => Spiritual Energy Potion OR Juice Potion OR something other than `Mana`
    Scepter => Holy Rod
    Short Staff => Mystic Timber
    Long Staff => Wizardly Timber
    Full Rejuvenation Potion => Complete Restoration Tonic
    Minor Healing Potion => Slight Torpid Tonic
    Stamina Potion => Vigor Tonic
    Gold => Gil
    Boots => Clothed Footwear
    etc...
If you like this idea I would LOVE to create the rest of the names, and I could create drafts, and send them to you. You could cross out the ones you don't like and I'll recreate them.

As for Exceptional and Elite naming, I was thinking about something like this:
  • Wood Splicer => Wood Splicer II
    Welded Shield => Welded Shield II
That way you actually know if the item is Exceptional, or Elite.

GRAPHICAL CHANGES:
Those fire lantern steel things that are in town and in Blood Moor, I think those should have BLUE fire instead of REDISH..just something different. Plus I think the BLUE would add more to the HADES theme.

The D2 fire animation when you first load up D2, I think it should be HADES w/ Blue flame animations! That would be so freakin' cool!

ENEMY NAME CHANGES:
  • Fallen => Small Ogre
    Fallen Shaman => Ogre Reanimator
    etc...
GAMEPLAY CHANGES:
If possible, disable the Automap. The automap is unrealistic just like the Radar in Golden Eye 007.

CHANGE ENEMY ATTRIBUTE NAMES:
  • Demon => Demonic
SOUND CHANGES:
Nosferatu is right, these sounds are soooo old! Here are some of my recommendations:
  • Using a potion => The sound of a person that feels soothed, like *aahh*
    Barbarbian sounds, Amazon, all of them! They all need to be changed lol
    ALL music needs to be changed, and I don't care how big the download is!
    There needs to be like a Sound Team that does this, and I would like to be apart of that!
If you have something private to say, no PMs because I won't be coming here that often:
hollaway .AT. gmail .DOT. com

-----
Alright, I've just discovered where the names of all of the items are!
/local/LNG/ENG/string.tbl

There are also the scripts of the NPCs in here too! But I don't really know the story that well, and I don't know if my voice would be that good, but I would love to try to be one of the voices! I could be Gheed!

So....I'd probably list all of the names in order of the string table, and have my own name for each one in a text file or something, then send that to you and you can put a 1 OR 0 next to each name, indicating which names are good, and which names I need to make better.

We can do that before I add the final name changes to the latest Hades string.tbl. I don't even know you, but I think this will work out if we work together!
Last edited by ForestMan on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ancient Dragon

Post by Ancient Dragon » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:07 pm

After playing this mod for a few days now the only thing I really don't like it that hideous laugh each time I itentify an item. Its really annoying! :( Otherwise its really great with all the new rooms and monsters. I nearly filled my drawers the first time I went into one of the caves to encounter whoelse -- Diablo!

XxXxWarxXxX

Post by XxXxWarxXxX » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:08 pm

i dont know if anyone said this yet but. can u plz take out the d2music cuz thats 803 mb's and no one will dl it and play with me cuz of the size of it it will be about 175-250 after u take it out. sry if anyone said that already didnt have time to read it.

Return to “Hades Underworld”