(RELEASE) Underworld mod version 2.9(March,17 2005)

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

(RELEASE) Underworld mod version 2.9(March,17 2005)

Post by Hades » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:54 pm

Well I'm releasing version 2.8 of the Underworld mod.

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... ion2.8.zip

Well the big version is now being dropped in your feet all lol.This version is about 580 MB's in size this time heh heh.At least that was what it was last time I looked,so it may vary.I'm not too sure how it ranks up there in size with all the massive mods out there,but it should be somewhere in the middle I think.Could be wrong though,I never actually looked at any others...
All the music in this version has been changed,more for a better feel for the underworld theme.There are numerous new sound effects about as well.Birds and screechs in act 5 I think,just stand around for a bit heh heh.
I personally like the act 2 music,gives it a better feel.The overall enhancements for the music should prove quite enjoyable,well at least that's what I'm hoping heh heh.
There are also about 20 or so new monster sounds,from their attack sounds,neutral sounds,death sounds,etc.So it will make for a totall overall new package to enjoy and have fun with.Although I still have a tonne more new monster sounds to add in along the way,I thought you all would like a listen to the new stuff so far.Feel free to throw me some idea's for some other monster sound idea's...
All the acts now have new names which should suit the mod theme.All the entry dc6's have been changed as well.(the red"entering Valhalla"or "entering Jotenheim" messages)So this completes the new feel for underworld and brings to light the road ahead for this mod.I'm going to enjoy some of the idea's generated from these changes and the guesses as to where the new stuff and unique monsters will be...This should give everyone a big taste of things to come.
I've also added in about 30 or so new resipes for the cube fanatics.No hints here I'm afraid as I'm no longer going to post any spoilers and you'll have to figure em out on your own.But they shouldn't be too hard to figure out all. ;) BTW more of these to come later too...
The drop issue has been addressed in this version too.The bosses still will drop good but some of the other ones will be changed.Such as the cows,well they have been lowered in drop stuff and will drop better in hell mostly.I may have missed a few others but I think it's pretty well fixed up now....
New button sounds have been added in for fun as well.This one I'm kind of uncertain if I left in one annoying sound or if I put the new sound in..So any feedback here would be appreciated,if the annoying sound is still in,try to play with it.I had tonnes of sound stuff to go through and I might haves missed a couple.
Diablo's seals have new opening sounds to add to the feel of it.I like these sounds especially lol.
On a whole I think the total feel of Underworld mod is now going where I wanted it in the beginning.Add in marhawlmans additions to more skill's and whatever else he has planned will round it all out.
I added in a few other new aspects but I'll leave those in the dark for now,enjoy all and have fun...
nuff said
Hades
BTW I just uploaded it now so it won't be ready till tomorrow I imagine..
Last edited by Hades on Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

patric34

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.5

Post by patric34 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:41 pm

I love the 1.5 version even more (espacially the Bosse's levels with plenty of Sets & Uniques) but I'd like your mod to be harder.

Keep the good work, your mod has hhhhuge potential.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.5

Post by Hades » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:00 pm

Good to hear patric , and thnx for comments.However I deleted the other 3 posts which were exactly the same as this one.So please dnt double post or post the same post'a in a row next time ,thank you. ;)
Have fun and watch out for version 1.6 this week.
Hades

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.6 UPDATE

Post by Crono_Devir » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:01 pm

ya...like...after i killed everyitng in the cave in the cold plaines,i never died again,and i ownt everyhitng,untill nightmare cold plains...

you should make it harder,and anyother thing is,did you MEAN for the red dragons to block 99.9% of all attacks? :OI: My lvl 54 pally misses them most of the time...

i have mroe errors and what not to report, but i don't want to get on you too much...these were just the big ones :P

Crono
A.K.A. [c]

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:40 pm

wait till hell(and believe me when i say this) harder isn't a fair term hell is more appropriate. i have an 80+ lvl necro with max revive bonespear golems and golem mastery. It takes me 30 minutes to kill enough creatures to revive 25 revives and it takes me less than a minute to loose all 25 revives against act 1 non boss monsters...so dont worry it gets very hard later on and then you either run or die...so9 good luck and find better stuff is all i can say because its gonna be rough.

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:59 pm

file missing from that link where can we DL
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:14 pm

sometimes FP says that, try clicking again and it should get you there....seems every time I try to d/l something from FP, I gotta click it twice!

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

srmie357

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.7 release and update

Post by srmie357 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:02 pm

I though you also include NPC's could equip Gloves, Belt, Shoes, Ring, Amulet in this version.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.8 release(Aug 18,2004)

Post by Hades » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:47 pm

New version's out most importantly ,Underworld has a major update. ;) Check out site for more info or Underworld progress thread.
Underworld mod1.8 should be ready to download tomorrow.Enjoy and throw some comment's back to me after you try it out....
nuff said
Hades

gerger

Post by gerger » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:37 am

i like this mod..
but its kinda too big for a 56k modem :x

so i cant dl it. :cry:

EDIT: i dl it last night. very good mod. ;)
Last edited by gerger on Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:01 am

Glad ya like it.Post any prob's and advice you may have. ;) I do however think my mod is not very big,it is only 58 MB I think so far.Being as I'm only about 40% done on this mod.So there's a while yet before I start thinking I'm done on this one lol.
Lot's of stuff to change and add in still. ;)
Nuff said
Hades

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:43 am

i click on the file planet link and there is nothing to download??? Are you still uploading it and thats the problem?

because once i get to the page it says highspeed is here and free speed is here but there are no links to click :O

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.9 release(sept,29,2004)

Post by Hades » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:41 pm

Well I did upload it yesterday and well you know fileplanet. ;) But I just checked now and it is up and ready to download. :) So enjoy and feel free to post comment's and crap like that.
As everyone will notice some of the screen's have changed as well.The four horsemen theme was going to be put in but I haven't found a good enough animation for them yet....Soon maybe.
And probably be a good idea to get someone to test out the new spirit and gravity skill's.But I'll probably post a thread for that later to see if I get any taker's....
nuff said
Hades

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:41 pm

Well if you want the 4 horsemen as monsters good animations would be a unwravler for death, one of those diablo 1 knights for war, and i cant think of many good humanoid looking things for pestalance and famine.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 1.9 release(sept,29,2004)

Post by Hades » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:16 am

Good idea's Nevbo ;) I'll have to think about those.By the way due to an error on my part heh heh.I forgot to throw in the updated MPQ part of my mod in version 1.9 so I uploaded version 2.0.So instead of going to 1.9 just download 2.0.It just made it simpler for me to remember which was which lol.
The link is in the announcements or in member announcement's.Anyway's the new gem changes and monster placement and cow level changes are in this version since I had some time to add some more lol.
Later
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 2.2(oct,16 2004)

Post by Hades » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:26 pm

2.2 up and ready to download people.Changes are listed on my site and here so read then have fun.I also just checked and np with the download this time lol.
nuff said
Hades
btw comment's and feedback welcome as always,And welcome my new modding partner SirNimajneb... ;)

slayer orc
Banned
Squire

Re: New Underworld mod version 2.4(nov,11 2004)

Post by slayer orc » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:34 am

how do u do this -direct -txt thing i dunno how to do it can i get help :cry: i just dled it then (i tryed to play 2.3 but i couldnt figure out how to do the -direct -txt thing so can someone help me out please

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 2.5(nov,17 2004)

Post by Hades » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:05 pm

2.5 version is being uploaded right now and should be ready by tomorrow or whatever.Link is at the top of this post and most of bug fixes are in this version but if there are any more please post and I'll get around to fixing them also lol.
Big thing with this version is most of the mod is now packed in the mpq file ,all except for the string files lol but I got lazy. ;) So this should be an easy mod to install soon after I am done throwing in the strings lol.But patience ok lol...I just got tired of packing last night so I gave up for now lol.
Enjoy all and I hope I got most of the bug fixes this time ..oh andf btw to the person that mentioned about poison nova looking better the first time...well it's back to it's original graphic.
nuff said
Hades

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:17 am

Heh, that was me. Thanks!
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:10 pm

BTW I';m going to be uploading version 2.6 tonight I think and it will be totally MPQ format.Along with a bunch of bug fixes,map changes,cow level wp now is in cow level to step on etc....Basically a bunch of changes in this version,extended cave level in cold plains cave too.
But the big update will be version 2.7 when markawkman adds in his stuff heh heh and when I add more mapwork in too. ;)
So i'll let ya know when it's uploaded all and mostly this was to give everyone a MPQ format now for the mod.
nuff said
Hades
(EDIT)Uploaded guys..... ;)
Last edited by Hades on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Re: New Underworld mod version 2.7(dec,29 2004)

Post by marhawkman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:14 pm

Um did you remember to remove the cows from Countess's tower?

I forgot to mention that yesterday.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:05 pm

Awww crap,that's what I forgot,I knew there was something else you mentioned before.Lol oh well another thing to put into next version later on.
Anyways,for anyone who is downloading this version I would now redownload it as I reuploaded it again this morening.Heh slightoverlook on my part as I forgot to include a rather important feature.
Sorry all but It was my fault lol,simply rushing to make my deadline..
nuff said
Hades

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:19 pm

Coooool Hades :cool:
Lot thanks for your awesome work :o

I just updated all necessary stuff on our side :robot:
Last edited by JEBs on Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kry

Post by kry » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:07 am

The amazon actually sux. She has a lot of dup skills and skills that she cannot use even when skill points are used into them. she is a hybrid char that is sverely out of whack. She seems to specialize in poison, but some of the poison skills don't work. She has 2 cold mastery skill tabs, 2 iron maiden skill tabs, 2 shock web skill tabs, and she has this 'seductive kiss' skill that cannot be chosen in the skill list selection to use it even though you can pout skill points into it.

The amplify damage skill doesn't work either (same for necro).

When the zon uses bows that fire magic arrows, show does ZERO damage. She is not a zon anymore, she is some char that supposedly specializes in poison, but the skills aren't balanced or aren't all usable. Also, the double strike skill doesn't work.

I SHOULD SAY THAT THOSE THINGS DON'T WORK WHEN MY ZON USES A BOW. IT SEEMS THAT WHEN USING SOMETHING ELSE, SOME OF THE SKILLS ARE BACK.

When can we expect a new version?

EDIT: I played with a friend who was a necro, and I cannot see his skeletons.

EDIT2: The Natural Resistances skill doesn't work properly either. When you add points to it, and if your resists are in the negative, it makes your resists even worse.
Last edited by kry on Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:08 pm

The amazon actually sux. She has a lot of dup skills and skills that she cannot use even when skill points are used into them.

Details please.

she is a hybrid char that is sverely out of whack. She seems to specialize in poison, but some of the poison skills don't work.

Which ones?

She has 2 cold mastery skill tabs,

One of these is filler (it'll do something later), the other is supposed to say "Poison mastery".

2 iron maiden skill tabs, 2 shock web skill tabs, and she has this 'seductive kiss' skill that cannot be chosen in the skill list selection to use it even though you can pout skill points into it.

Huh? I never had a problem with it. Are you sure it's not there somewhere?

The amplify damage skill doesn't work either (same for necro).

When the zon uses bows that fire magic arrows, show does ZERO damage.

This might be because I deleted that skill. We'll need to re-add it tothe end of the file.

She is not a zon anymore, she is some char that supposedly specializes in poison, but the skills aren't balanced or aren't all usable. Also, the double strike skill doesn't work.

I'm not done yet. I'll work on the stuff for the new version. BTW just in case you hadn't read my sig, the new version of Zon is supposed to resemble Andariel's abilities.

I SHOULD SAY THAT THOSE THINGS DON'T WORK WHEN MY ZON USES A BOW. IT SEEMS THAT WHEN USING SOMETHING ELSE, SOME OF THE SKILLS ARE BACK.

Some of the new skills are MELEE ONLY! They can't be used with a bow.

When can we expect a new version?

when 2.8 comes out.

EDIT: I played with a friend who was a necro, and I cannot see his skeletons.

EDIT2: The Natural Resistances skill doesn't work properly either. When you add points to it, and if your resists are in the negative, it makes your resists even worse. It's not supposed to increase all your resists. As is though the skill doesn't work right. I haven't been able to make it do poison absorb yet. In the meantime don't use it.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

Return to “Hades Underworld”