Act 1 storyline and layout....upcoming,rough draft

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Act 1 storyline and layout....upcoming,rough draft

Post by Hades » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:20 pm

Act 1 storyline:
This is just the beginning.........

The four cloaked figures gathered around a pyre burning low in the night darkness.Each
figure stood almost 8 feet and looked as solid as an anvil.The night was ominously silent
and not a sound was heard,even the wind seemed to bow in reverence to these figures.
Each one looked to each other with glowing red eyes and nodded their heads.
"So my brothers,I see we all have been beckoned,"Growled one in a voice meant more for
a demon.
"Bah....War,how else would it be,no one can have only one of us heeh heh.The time has finally
come for the world to welcome us back into their midst,these evil brother's have no idea
what they have beckoned forth."Hissed the second cloaked denizen.
"Heh heh if they only realized,look around us nothing lives for miles,my mere presence here
is killing anything and the rest are getting sick.What say you Death...."Questioned the third
eagerly.
"I have long awaited the time of the next age in the world,These Prime evil whelps have
unwittingly brought forth a wave of destruction which will roll over everything,including
them hah hah hah.,"Rasped the last figure called Death."The thunder shall be a harbringer
for the doom of all in our way and none shall escape.Demons,Devils,Angels,..Bah all the same
to us,bring me the heads of all who dwell on this plane of existance my brothers."With that
Death drew out an immense scythe and a black sword with the other,then raised them to
the stars."And they know no one can stop us once we begin our work here hah hah"
The other four horsemen raised their weapons as well and laughed in defiance.Animal,human,
Demon,or any other being would be scrambling from this gathering.
"I want to start my brother's"Hissed the horsemen named Pestilence."Let me bring forth my
disease and rot their very being to the core.I shall spread my venom across this land and
let loose my power."
"Do as you will my Pestilence,I shall rot their food,dry their wells,and make the riverbeds crack
in dryness."Rasped Famine."We shall go forth in tandem,you and I,let them tremble before us
and seek shelter where there can be none."
The two brothers hissed and growled in glee,fires burning brighter in their eyes.
"I leave you to your ways brothers hah hah,"Growled War."I shall stand before their armies with my
sword and cleave them to shreds.Twisting their necks,breaking their armor,cleaving their very
bodies in two.Be it demon army,human hero's,elven armies,no matter which,all shall fall before me
and all will hear the oncoming advance of my army of darkness."War spread his arms out wide and
flames burst from his hands as the very earth opened up to spew forth molten lava.Being's of Darkness
appeared behind their master,each holding black gleaming swords with red letters inscribed on
them.The army of darkness stood still but the looks in their empty sockets would chill even the dead.
"Go forth and wreck your terror and announce that we have come my brothers."Rasped Death."I shall
travel wherever strikes me as needing my touch of death.My first step into any of these cities here
and all will fall dead at my feet hah hah.Toy with them my brothers,go forth and have your fun as when
I follow in your wake none shall be left."
Death pulled back his hood on his cloak to reveal the black skull and the fiery wreath encircling it.
The gaze of Death was truly terrible to behold,no being on this plane would be able to live after looking
upon it.He threw back his head and laughed,a most evil laugh,any being close to the area would cringe
at the sound and flee in terror.
Death then grabbed his black helm and put in on his flaming skull.The eyesockets gleamed with red light
from his fiery skull.He then drew forth his black three bladed sword and thrust it into the rocky side
of the mountain.
"There brothers, is where my sword shall stay for but awhile,"Growled Death in his rasplike voice.
"The world here waits for us to unleash hell and bring forth the Apocalypse,the four horsemen shall
ride again and judge all who stand in our path."
"The gavel of eternal judgement falls,starting tonight."stated Death."The strings of fate are ours now,
let us toy with these immortals and mortals alike hah hah..."
With that Death sat down in the shadows starting to laugh a hideous,demonic chuckle.Huge black clouds
started to roll in and thunder began to quake as lighting flashed.Pestilence and Famine stood,put their helsm on
and waved their hands in the air.Two black horses materialized out of the air,one of bones with flesh
hanging off it,the other almost alike but with skin clinging to it.Both mounts had no eyes but specks
of flame for eyes and flames encircled their hooves.Their whinney was a screech and high pitched
scream.The first two brothers mounted the demon horses and bowed their heads low to Death,raising
their flaming swords high.Pestilence rode off to the east and famine rode to the west.A dark cloud followed
both riders and flaming footprints marked the passing of their mounts.
"Well brother I go to the south to wreck havoc and begin the seige on this part of the world."Growled
War in a deep booming voice."Give me time to have fun first before you get bored brother..heh heh.I want
to play with the warriors of this time and test the gods of this age.Maybe they will prove their worth and
give me some sport unlike last time hah hah."Laughed War,all the while swinging his weapons."Perhaps
the gods will even remember the destruction we wracked over all the planes of existence last time we
woke.How many more gods and demons will stand before me this time...or puny mortal hero's.No matter
it will end with the same result as every time we walk forth....destruction and death to all judged unfit."
With that,War summoned his mount,a great and powerful black horse,with great unatural muscles rippling.
Fiery eyes blazing,the mount whinnied forth a great screech which sounded louder than the incoming
storm.War swinged up onto the fifteen foot high horse,and sheathed his weapons.With a slight motion of
his hands,lightning started to shot forth from them and great meteors started to rain down from the sky.
He wheeled his mount around and bowed his head once then turned and galloped off to the south.
The lone figure left,Death,was sitting by the dying embers of the pyre.With a wave of his hand a great chasm
opened up in the ground and a gigantic fiend from the netherworld arose out of the depths.
"Who dares....."screamed the mighty demon.The demon let loose with a barrage of fire and lightning at the
figure of Death.The demon was highly surprised to see no effect at all on the figure.The demon growled
and swung his enormous flaming sword at Death.Death raised his hand and shattered the demons sword.
"Enough of this gnat...."Breathed Death in a low whisper."Shall I snuff your being out of existance or
do I have a purpose for you demon lord....Yes...hah hah..a game of cat and mouse."Laughed Death."Well
demon lord,go tell your brethren that the four have risen again and ride out to judge you all.Let me give
you a reminder for now..."With that Death pointed at the demon lords arms and both shriveled to nothing.
"The appendages will not heal my dear demon lord heh heh,not even for your kind,consider it a parting gift"
Death growled ,all the while smiling his deathly grin.With a wave of his hand Death closed the chasm.
"Come forth godling....I'm getting bored",rasped Death to the shadows.
"So it is true,you four have once more come forth into another age."stated a gnomish being walking
out of the gloom of the night."We cannot allow this to proceed any further and we will all join to put an
end to this Death"
Death removed his helm and his fiery bone visage gazed upon the god in pity."You divine beings have
tried to stand in our way once and failed miserably if I remember right heh heh.Do not presume to think
anything has changed since last we came forth.We will do as we please and all will be subject to our
judgement,none shall be exempt...especially you godlings heh heh."Laughed Death.With a flash of his
eyes,Death launched a massive white flame burst at the gnome god.All that was left was a pile of dust.
"Never liked gnomes anyways heh heh....Any more taker's?"Death questioned the empty night air,then
proceeded to laugh aloud.He knew no one else would dare to poke their nose in their business again,at
least not yet.With that he sat back down and waited......Time had no meaning for him...what was a few
days when compared to eons of time.Waiting to set forth when the others have had enough fun.Waiting
for souls to be judged unfit.Waiting to Walk forth and do what we have come for......
Many eyes watched this lone figure but none dared emerge.Be it other worldly demon or divine godlike
being,none would disturb this one.Time was running out for all beings on all the planes of existance.
Where were the cracks in the wall this time they all mused.There could be no winning this,only loosing,
but how bad would they loose?There had to be a middle ground somewhere and who had brought forth
the four horsemen of the Apocalypse?So many question's...so little time left.All the pantheneons were
going to be left with no options but engage in a loosing battle for whatever would be left over.Who
would fall and who would be leftover in the aftermath was the question on every beings mind,be it good
or evil.
The harbringers of destruction have emerged and walk the earth.Woe to any in their path.Thus the
beginning of the Apocalypse..........

The Apocalypse has come to this realm and all grip on reality has been shifted.Planar beings said to be legend are now walking free from the depth's of hell.The heavens have opened up and every pantheneon has lent it's strength to oppose this coming storm.All god's,demon lords,devil's,human,elf,dwarf,every race and being now fights for it's very survival in this apocalyptic clash.The armies of evil now join and hope to join the wave of destruction before they also get swept away in its tide.The forces of good prepare for war from every corner of the earth and from every plane.The gods leave their planes and step foot on the plane of mortals to give whatever aid is needed to their followers.Demon lords,Asmodeus,Gruumsh,all have joined their brethren and lept at the chance to grab some sort of victory out of this.All knowing they could also perish as well,for mortals and immortals alike are at this time even,and all could die.All will be judged in this coming apocalypse....
Different planes have opened up portals to this plane.The god's themselves have granted many of their followers powers and weapons of myth and legend have been found.And more are being forged ready to make their own legend in this coming war.The fight of Ragnorok has started and all gods in the norse pantheneon will fall in this climactic struggle.The giants of the norse mythos know of the outcome as do all but will the fates change what was to happen,since the four horsemen were not to be the heralds of this last war.
All bets are off in this event as the coming of the four horsemen sets many events in motion which were unmoveable before.The prophecies set by many beings are about to change.No one knows the exact ramifications of such a coming nor does anyone know who will be left standing...if anyone is left at all.Mortal and immortal alike are left wondering if this may be their last day.
Many hero's across the world have stood up to take the chance to make a difference in the tidal wave of destruction.Many friends will be found along the way should these hero's look.In the face of certain death who will be the one to look it in the face and not run?Many will die,many will turn and run,many will fall to temptation but who will have the faith and true heart to succeed where many will fall?
This hero could be you.....

Act 1 outline...so far.....

Rogue outpost(name to change to work into storyline)houses many interesting characters and beings of great power.Most here will offer some sort of help and guidance.From recipes,runewords,etc but only after certain quests have been done.What is sold at the shopkeepers is to change and become limited,and hirelings are to be greatly increased in price.Just to be worked in for a storyline ..apparent soon.
Death plains: is outside of the rogue outpost*,which houses the Den of evil.The evil has crept up to the very doors of the outpost.Clearing this area will be no small chore to the "new"hero.The only available waypoint of use is in the Razed prarie.

Mottled wasteland:Is just that ..a wasteland.Evil denizens reside in this filth and look non too kindly on any invaders on their territory.Blood ravens** entrance is said to be here also in this territory.The undead roam free in the Spirit void and gladly grab any being which strays too near.There is said to be portals to the Abyss and Tarterus here as well but only the seasoned warrior should venture there.Many over zealous hero's have tried and were never heard from again.But the rewards would be truly great should anyone return from the depths of these area's...
Razed Prairie:
Gruumsh's Abode:
Evermoors:
Bovine madness:
The cave of worth:
Gruumsh's path:
Acheron level 1:
Acheron level 2:
Gehenna level 1:
Gehenna level 2:
Gruumsh's stash:
The spirit void:
Tarterus:This is said to house many fiends such as the dreaded hell bovines.Numerous bands of these beasts roam here in search of "human burgers"Their dreaded sounds echo far and long in Tarterous,it seems as if they are right beside you.Yet let your guard down and they are there standing beside you swinging their weapons in a deadly arc.The experience gained from killing such monsters is great and worth the effort.But do not run to far into the void without clearing the way or you will find yourself being herded into an awaiting trap meant for you....

The Abyss:This is the Abyss and none may enter least they perish in an onslaught of power.Diablo is said to run here in an attempt to claim a spot to flee from the wave of destruction.Many clones of himself have been created by himself in an attempt to create his own army of terror.So the wayward warrior would find an immense army lurking here and not wanting any intruders.This new army has found many great forces of resistance to his presence here.The lords of the Abyss have taken great displeasure in Diablo trying to get a foothold on their front porch.Diablo's army has been pushed back to the entrance of the Abyss so any adventurers taking the chance to enter most likely will be attacked immediately upon entering.

Planar rift level 1-4:
Gates of Arcadia:These mighty gates are the entrance to the fortress which now is held by the Belhifet.A demon of great power,who took this position from Andariel.The gates are held by numerous foes and some extra powerful foes lurk here as well.There are three entrances to these gates...but which will lead you to an easier path?Only the true hero will see the way and confront the evilness left here as a hindrance.Three of the generals of evil await any warrior's coming and are charged with their death.Traps have been built and the gates are now a battlement of power,built to turn aside any attempt to enter.The rewards will be great if the gate guards are slain and the way is cleared.The seasoned warrior will use battle tactics to eliminate these vermin...
Arcadian entrance:
Rogue Barracks:
Torture level 1-3:
Training room:
Dungeon level 1-3:
Andariels lair*:
Diablo's Wake:
Pandemonium:

Just a beginnning to the storyline and how it's coming along..Some things will definately not make any sense yet lol...But you'll see.... :twisted:
nuff said(for now)
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Return to “Hades Underworld”