[Request] web designer/creator needed

This forum is for requests for (and offers of) mod-related work and mod project recruitment whether temporary or permanent. This is NOT a place to post "make this for me" requests.

Moderator: AdiTT

No votes

Total votes: 0

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

[Request] web designer/creator needed

Post by mishy23 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:34 pm

Hi,
I am looking for a web creator/designer for my mod Odin's Runeword mod.
Which is grown past its infancy and really is in need of a website to promote its growth as a mod.
I unfortuantely have no skills in creating a webpage.
I would be looking to host this webpage here or on planet diablo, so it would need to be up to the standards they are looking for.
A limited knowledge of what my mod ORM is about would be helpful.
And I would definately be involved with the web page creation, as far as writing up any articles or information.
If you check out my forum in non-hosted mods, you can see OdinsRunewordMod is growing everyday, and I would like to have this webpage ready to be unveiled at the same time as my major patch is ready for the public (and of year by the latest).

Please only apply if serious about wanting to be part of this great Diablo2 Mod.
Thank you.
-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

NewbMod

Re: [Request] web designer/creator needed

Post by NewbMod » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:20 pm

Explain what kind of webpage i'll brain-storm and get back to you.
Im not the best page maker but i can make shyt in to art :)

Msg me on MSN Abusive_Cherry_pie@hotmail.com
if you don't have
Post here and i get back to you ASAP

make sure to lay out a detail how your page looks, i don't play that mod cause im usually on pka server but will be great if you explain details

NM

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:51 pm

HI!
Sorry at work, no access to any IM's.

Hmm i'll have to think some ideas over,
Nothing too fancy.
I would like main page to give off a nice atmosphere, i can provider some images for backgrounds and such. I would like to have a D2 theme.
Have a mod statement so at a glance ppl know what its about, possibly a space for a quick update every so often.

I would probably like some frames on the left side to link to other places:
1 link for main forums here
1 link for a mod download page with release information (a new page with version history and a link to download here at the keep)
(7) links, 1 for for each character class, with skill and other information.

and in the future possibly a place to post item information, i.e. runewords as my mod is full of them.

I'm pretty good at picking things, up if you could help with over-all layout, i'm sure I could figure out how to add updates, if you show me a few pointers.

Get back to me and we will figure out a time to get together live and talk,
would have to be after wednesday 10/20, cause i'm working crazy hours the next three days at work, they're trying to kill me i think...

-Mishy23

Quick mod info at a glance:
While not total conversion (story/maps are same)
-final version will have 3280 runewords, all items always have 2 sockets, all runeword combinations will work. Runewords work in magic and rare items. Rune drops alot more common.
-all new or rebalanced skills. no synergies.
-new items with new automods.
-monsters appear in new areas, have new skills.
-items have new properties that can appear, items are oskill heavy
-all items are color code enhanced, ingame characters display alot more colors.

Phaen

Post by Phaen » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:54 am

Well, I could prolly do it... Take a look at the lost heroes website at charsi's forge for some of my work. I use an old version of dreamweaver, but it comes out nice. Just so long as I don't get too bogged down and such - I am a pretty laid back kinda guy. I'm also taking some classes right now.... That being said, I'm willing to try anything once. Let me know

*The Lost Heroes Website hasn't been updated inna while b/c of some computer trouble. That's been fixed since. *

--Phaen

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:21 pm

The lost hereos webpage looks good to me, what i am looking for is pretty much something just like that, maybe with addition of a few banner pictures on main page (i would provide),
lets take this privately, I am unfortuantely stuck at work for insane hours next couple of days, I will contact you wed/thurs and we will see what we can come up with. I am also a laid back kinda guy ;)

-mishy23

Defilus
Paladin

Post by Defilus » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:18 am

Mishy if I have some spare time I could make a quick rough draft of a page for your mod. I know youve taken a look at my mod's page so you can know what to expect. Send me a PM or an Email.

EDIT: apologies for the reply to an old message, but the thread was still open so I thought you were still looking for an applicant.
Last edited by Defilus on Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winamp Music Conversion Tutorial
Diablo 2: The Great Resurrection.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind."

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:15 am

It's been a while, so I'm closing this thread.

Return to “Job Offerings”