[Request] Partner(s) for New Expansion Project

This forum is for requests for (and offers of) mod-related work and mod project recruitment whether temporary or permanent. This is NOT a place to post "make this for me" requests.

Moderator: AdiTT

Wraxul
Paladin

[Request] Partner(s) for New Expansion Project

Post by Wraxul » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:11 am

Ok, I designed a game and story that would be an expansion to D2 LOD. Basically, I wanted to do it alone but found that I don't have near the experience I need. However, this does not mean I want someone to do it for me, I'll do most the work on the game.

Without giving the story line away, its basically about the remaining Evils, Azmodan and Belial. It will revisit Tristram as well as add new lands like the Amazon Islands, the Orient, etc. I would like to have all new classes, and Mercs, though these will be based off of the existing classes with new graphics and skills.

Alright what I need:

Code Editor: this is an area I have a very minimal experience with. This would include...well just about everything that needs code editted :D

Animations: though we'll be using a few plugins from infinitum, the game will require new monsters, such as wemics, wights, dark samurai, and new magic and missile art. i would like to do the monster graphics, but if someone is much more skilled, then i wouldn't mind giving the job up :P

Other Graphics (Items/UI Panels): most of these could remain untouched save a few new items, but it would be cool if someone wants to make some wicked mana\health bar graphics or are just dying to use their "flamingsword.dc6"

New NPC's: this would go along with both code editing and animations, but i thought i might mention it because i basically want to base quests and npc's off of the original game. The game will be 10 acts (1-5 modded a little bit and 6-10 totally new (of course there won't be any nm or hell difficulties, but who cares, you only gotta kill em once right??))

Skills: of course with 7 new chars, there will need to be 7 new skill trees. these new classes will be based off the old ones, i'll give you more details if you're interested :)

Maps: this is something I could do, but if someone has some cool new graphics that fit with the story that would be cool!

Sounds/Music: not absolutely necessary but if someone would like to contribute, that would be icing on the cake! :D

As for the rest of the game info, I'll take care of that: new runes system, all new cube recipes, superuniques, etc.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or email at pulltheplug55@yahoo.com for more info
http://wraxul.tripod.com/

Forums for my upcoming 'Kingdom of the Crimson Moon' game
Deckard Cain Mini-Game

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."
- Gandalf the Gray

Wraxul
Paladin

Re: [Request] Partner(s) for New Expansion Project

Post by Wraxul » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:38 pm

Ok, looks like SilverShadowHell will help out on skills, but others are welcome to create other skills as well. If anyone is actually interested, the new classes we'll be adding are: Shadow Hunter, Witch, Samurai, Ninja, Templar, Geomancer, and Summoner. I will soon make a site for the mod, showing some little pics and more on the story line, and will post it on this forum when completed.

We still need a Code Editor, or two, or three :D and maybe some graphics editors and sounds. If anyone is the least bit interested in more info, or wants to help, post here or PM, email, whatever.

Thanks for reading! :mrgreen:

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."
- Gandalf the Gray

Ancient_Hacker
Paladin

Post by Ancient_Hacker » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:45 pm

*wonders wtf silver does besides skill editing*

I know he's workin on @ least 4 mods right now... :poke: GIB EF SKILLS.

Anyway, if you need troubleshooting, give me a buzz. I'm not a very skilled modder in what I can do, but I am quite good (usually) at pinning down the root of a problem.

tk_incorperate
Paladin

Post by tk_incorperate » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:12 am

if you're interested in a second skiller..... to get it done faster, im currently trying this out.... so far i think my favorite skill i've done is a skill i called "Shadow Nova" witch was a skill that used by assassin (or in ur mod, ninja) and it does 2/3 of ur current normal attack damage, but it does like a nova of ninja stars, i was thinking bout making it require a ninja star being used or sumtin, but dat depends on if ninja star is even gunna be added.... if you're interested i'd be glad to help, i just started skill editing... but im like in love with new skills, so i'd definately be willing to do whatever i can to get the skills i and/or you want

another example of a skill i've done is like a multiple shot skill, but it was for throw barbarians and threw multiple axes, and also could be used for throwing knifes (it'd use graphics depending on what he was throwing) and yeah.... i thought it was pretty nice at least, it had same as multiple shot (2/3 weapon damage) but could only go up to 15 missiles instead of 24 (because barbs are more powered up then zons)

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:55 am

Alright, thank you both for replying. tk incorperate, i've got 2 others who offered help in skills as well, the more the merrier :D And I like the skills you described, seeing as the ninja will have Throw as one of her skill trees, (magic throwing) these would fit perfectly. Ancient, thanks for the offer as well, I'm sure it'll need a tester throughout its creation. I also saw you were asking for help as well on your mod. I don't know how much I can help in what you need, I think you mentioned a mapper, which if anything would be what I could do, as well as graphics.

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

tk_incorperate
Paladin

Post by tk_incorperate » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:15 am

aight, so dat mean accepted or no? lol if accepted then PM me how to contact you (aim, msn, or yahoo) cuz even when ur online, ur AIM is never on

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:32 am

yes tk, pretty much anyone who offers their services is accepted, assuming they at least know a good bit about what they're doing.

Anywho, I made a little tripod site to better explain the mod:
http://xwraxulx.tripod.com/
I will warn you, it's pretty crappy, but I hope to have a decent one up by the first beta release.

P.S. tk, I'll try to be on AIM more often. :mrgreen:

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:12 am

OK, if anyone is interested in helping with CE here's what we need done:

Able to change Nightmare difficulty to read new tbl files and dc6 for new quests and npcs. Any method that works would be great.

(Maybe, unlikely) Give blacksmiths ability to 'Forge' items. This would be like the Horadric cube, but you'd have to pay them for it.

(based off of Cain) Make new NPC only in Act 6 charge for identify. The rest will have Cain in them.

Various other workings with NPC...

CRAP!! I had a list of a few more things but can't remember what they were, I guess I'll edit this when I do

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

LimpRock
Champion of the Light

Post by LimpRock » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:18 pm

[quote=Wraxul";p="240549"]Able to change Nightmare difficulty to read new tbl files and dc6 for new quests and npcs. Any method that works would be great.[/quote]

There is a plug-in witch I think it can help you. D2Mod Game Difficulty Plug-in (v1)
"God was created by human hearts that fear the darkness. God was born from darkness."

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Yes Limprock, I have that already downloaded. It helps with txt files, but not tbl. So currently, if we can't get a good code editor I'll have to revert to a manual change in game files after act 5.

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:17 pm

Just as an advice, the game is large enough with 5 acts as it is. It will take you years of hard work to even change all acts and by adding extended level you will have enough work for long, long time. The day you have finished all acts, I would worry about how to extend it.

LimpRock
Champion of the Light

Post by LimpRock » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:53 pm

Didn’t know that it doesn’t support tbl and yes a manual change would be boring. You can try to send to Myhrginoc a PM, maybe the next version, he make it to support tbl files too.

However what Kingpin says is true. With new extended level plug-in you can make it as big as you want and you don’t have to expand the history in two difficulties.
"God was created by human hearts that fear the darkness. God was born from darkness."

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:00 am

Alright, I understand what you've said. This mod would be kind of a D3. But instead of just redoing all the acts I wanted to add to them with the new skills, chars, and monsters. But I guess it would be much much easier to just forget about having 10 acts and just mod the original 5 to be a whole new story.

I had wanted the entire game to be completed by the one character you chose, but I guess this mod could take place several years later, with the hero from d2 retiring and the new heros taking over. Oh well! :D Thanks for your input Kingpin and LimpRock! Now at least the game will be much easier and less time consuming to accomplish and possible with less CE! Thanks again. :mrgreen:

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:35 am

What you can do is say that those are the childern of "the ones that defeated hell" and have unique items whit some names of youre own chars... and even add a story to them like "SoulPack used this spear to defeat the greater hell-spawns long ago" or when you talk yo a npc he could say "you are a XXX (enter class there), I think I know youre master, he was one of the greatest fighters that I have ever seen, if you are atleast half of what he was that I can rest whit no wories......... but are you like that you little worm"

You get the idea, add a new and fresh atmosfere...
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:40 am

That's a really cool idea SSH, but I don't know how well it would work with the new classes, I'm sure I could incorporate something similar to that in the game though. :)

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

Wraxul
Paladin

Post by Wraxul » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:48 am

Ok, after gathering a better understanding of the limitations of D2 Modding, I don't think I'll need a Code Editor at the moment.
But what I do need are good artists who could handle maybe one hero
animation. (I was going to do this myself, but work, preparing for GD school, and my Chrono Trigger project are taking up a chunk of my time.)
I know this is a time consuming task, so if someone would want to help, be warned. Some heros wouldn't be altered near as much; the Shadow Hunter, for example, is based off the Amazon. A few color changes, maybe a changed torso or legs for med and hvy. On the other hand, the Barbarian to Samurai is a massive change; totally new head, torso, everything! :D

I don't expect anyone to use their precious time doing my will :twisted: but I figured I'd just ask in case anyone is interested. If not, I'll get to
it eventually... If you are interested, post here, PM me, or contact via my site! Thanks All =)

Deckard Cain Mini-Game

- Gandalf the Gray

Return to “Job Offerings”