Revival Thread

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Revival Thread

Post by Alkalund » Wed May 07, 2003 2:30 am

And here we have a new project, by GuyAskingQuestion:

Revival Mod

(formerly the Revamp Mod)

D2 version: LoD 1.09b

*following is information provided as is by GuyAskingQuestion on his mod*

In the following,

- means feature not complete
* means feature built but not fully complete

~ Mod Concept ~

Idea of the mod is to add more balance than LOD and add some fun new powerful gear and to create many more possabilities of builds. Oh and to make the game REAL hard to complete in HC - I don't rate your chances :twisted:
Basically just a have fun mod :)

~ Gameplay/Difficulty Changes ~

Maximum Level now 200
Maximum Skill Level now 30
Stat Points per lv = 3
Skill P0ints per lv up = 1
No Skill Pre-resquites
0 Resistance Penalty in Normal
-60 Penalty in Nightmare
-120 Penalty In Hell
% Dr Weakend (x% of Damge Reduced, you know shaftstop and gaze)
Stanima bonuses lowered

6 Player Simulation, with afew tweaks in terms of Hp and Exp.
Enough Exp modifications to reach sensible levels (170 seems like a big task to me :) )
Monsters do 10%, 35% and 50% More damage in Norm,Nightmare and Hell.
Monsters have increased AC/AR

~ Item Changes ~

All Axes do "Enhanced Damage to Demons"
Some Uniques (Buriza :cry: weakend)
All Elite Uniques added
Unique Charms added
-Unique Jewels
Total Uniques so far = 441 :twisted:
26 New Sets added :P
Old Sets improved
Rare Items can now get *almost* every modifier
Rare Items I've found in testing have been helluva better :)
Rare Items limited in number of "x% chance to cast x" modifiers (cos they're crud)
New more powerful Magic Modifiers for higher levels
Frequencies of Higher modifiers appearing Increased
"Maximum" Levels set for some weaker modifiers
New Charm Added 3x1 "Skill Charm" gives charges of most skills in game, even passives/auras
*New Charm Added 1x1 "Masters Charm" gives + to passive skills
2 New Swordtypes Added (abeit no uniques)
New level of Gem, Ethereal Gem... like Perfects it cannot drop you have to cube your way up.

~ Crafting ~

3 Chippies + Sword works with any weapon class
Able to craft Uniques + Sets -this feature is subsent to change
Crafting to make rares :twisted:
'Useful' craftable Rings and Amulets, with high potentials
-Lots of New Weapon/Armour Crafts
*Melding Gems added, but not dropping (treasure class problems :cry: )

~ Character Skills ~

Amazon

Bow + Crossbow - Elemental Skills Improved, Strafe Viable, Guided weakend. This tree may experience a move about in skills.

Spear + Javelin - Most Improved, especially the Jab to Fend Line.

Passive - Valkyrie actually does some damage and hits! Skill tree hasn't been changed much as it's fine.

Assassin

Martial Arts - Sight Tree movements, Elemental skills generally improved/
-Ability to use 1 or both claws on some skills under planning

Traps - Little tree moveabout, Most traps increased in damage. All traps fire 5 more shots. Actually can play a pure tappassin effectively.

Shadow Skills - Master/Warrior Improved Damage/Ac/AR much like the Valk, Weapon Block improved and I've tried to tempt people away from Burst of Speed ;)

Barbarian

Combat Skills - Some nice differences in skills, switches in which are one/two handed. Slight Improvements in all and under used ones got alittle more oomph.

Masterys - Hardly any changes here worthy of discussion :)

War Crys - Some "Crys" Given increase in area of effect per level, most slightly improved or have an increase in duration.

Druid

SuMMoNs - Good Enough summons to play like a Necro in my opinion, but not anything like in TFW 1.0, a few movements here too. And Spirit of Barbs is actually a useful skill.

LyCaNtHrOpY - All skills usable in both forms, improvements to WereBears Damge and defense benefits also. Rabies + Fire Claws are now decent.

ElEmEnTaL - Can I say this tree exists now?!!? Oh they're usable in Furry form and Armageddon + Hurracane are most like Thunderstorm for the Druid with much longer lengths (abeit much higher Mana costs too :twisted: )

Necromancer

SuMMoNs - Gave Skeles attack rating, seems they needed it. Golems hit harder and have reduced life but dr% added (to prevent any silly life bugs) Revives gain more time every level. I liked making the Necro good :)

Boney SKillZ - Teeth takes weapon damage into effect and can leech :twisted: , most skills given lovely damage boosts. I Like the Necro :)

Curses - Not much changed, some curses given more duration/radius (Decrepify) Iron Maiden given alittle push and also lower resist. Did I mention I like the Necro :)

Paladin

Combat SkiLLs - Most skills given damage bonus, Conversion gets bonus length and is quite handy.

Off Auras - Might, Conc and Fanaticism damage % scale down the tree to give might more of a use. Holy shock / Fire slightly better too... A few moves in position here too.

Def Auras - Single Resist skills give more than the All res one, most skills hre were given alittle boost so ppl may decide to put more than one point in them

Sorceress

Fire - Major skill tree rebuild, most skills are were you'd never guess them to be Should prove fun being a Sorceress and maybe see a few more builds.

Lightning - Same here folks, I really enjoyed making the Sorceres a new diverse experience. The Lv 50 skill is really crazy/risky at high levels

Ice - oh oh... more crazyness! The Sorc skills take 1/8 of your damage and add it to theirs, making for leechy fun! Also *cough* Frozen Orb has no delay, but uses AR *Cough* *Splutter*, this skill tree looks like it packs some fun too.

~ DLL Changes ~

Critical Hit Bugs Fixed
Druid bug fixed
Crushing Blow % tweaked
Gambling chances raised
Skill limits raised
Stats per level edited

~ Map Edits ~

Some of Astelions Map plug-ins used
-Acts 1,2 and 3 each are going to have their own big Dungeon crawl area, like what TFW does in act 1.
Which of course means you wont be going through catacombs 1,2 and 3. and other areas like that.
These dungeons have been created but not populated by the correct monsters, i probably won't be doing that until after the beta...

In the beta, which I *hopefully* will be releasing soon you will have the ability to buy Gems. Also in act 5 the buying of Melding Gems and Runes is they're to see how powerful you can get :twisted:
Last edited by Alkalund on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Revamp Mod

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu May 08, 2003 8:12 am

Managed to fix my annoying Runewords problem, so now they'll be a few new ones.
Mod is very close to release in beta stage... just one more feature :mrgreen:
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

KroniK
Retired staff
Paladin

Post by KroniK » Thu May 08, 2003 10:19 am

Hmm, sounds very promising, keep us posted :)
"They say ignorance is bliss ... They're wrong"

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu May 08, 2003 5:12 pm

[quote=GuyAskingQuestion";p="96951"]Managed to fix my annoying Runewords problem, so now they'll be a few new ones.
Mod is very close to release in beta stage... just one more feature :mrgreen:[/quote]

Good to hear it, make sure to submit the file to the Keep once the beta is ready ;)

Oh, and my best wishes to the project by the way :)

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu May 08, 2003 6:32 pm

Thanks for the support, it's nice some people actually care about what I do!

Massive problem fixed, the Melding gems actually drop :mrgreenking:
Some new graphics for charms added
Melding Gem Gambling

That one feature is about 1/3 complete, once it's done I will give out to you guys.

Question for the beta
Do you think unique making/gem buying/rune buying should be enabled?
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

KroniK
Retired staff
Paladin

Post by KroniK » Thu May 08, 2003 6:35 pm

unique making --> no
unique gambling --> yes, so gold has a real use for collecting
gem buying --> yes, quality of gems dependant of act and/or difficulty
rune buying --> dito gem buying
"They say ignorance is bliss ... They're wrong"

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu May 08, 2003 7:39 pm

Unique gambling has always been in, one of those things I *forgot* to tell Alkalund...

0.25% if your interested :) which is a darn sight better than LoDs 0.0001% (ish)

You may be gambling for other useful items too :twisted:

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Thu May 08, 2003 7:40 pm

You wrote "Druid bug fixed" what is this druid bug exactly? (sorry for being dense...)
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri May 09, 2003 12:50 am

[quote=Rhonlore";p="97083"]You wrote "Druid bug fixed" what is this druid bug exactly? (sorry for being dense...)[/quote]

It is that bug where the game halts with an assertion if you put too many +to skills in a druid. In the unmodded game there is a hardcoded skill cap to the druid's shapeshifting skills.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri May 09, 2003 11:12 am

[quote=Alkalund";p="97138"][quote=Rhonlore";p="97083"]You wrote "Druid bug fixed" what is this druid bug exactly? (sorry for being dense...)[/quote]

It is that bug where the game halts with an assertion if you put too many +to skills in a druid. In the unmodded game there is a hardcoded skill cap to the druid's shapeshifting skills.[/quote]

Alkalund is correct, this had to be fixed since the limit was 30, and well the max skill level is 30 so any additional points would be no use/may crash game.

Managed to complete the last feature, so I think the mod should be released, in slightly unbalanced beta form. 8)

I guess I should be e-mailing Phrozenheart or Jeff now ^ ^
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Fri May 09, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri May 09, 2003 11:18 am

I guess I should be e-mailing Phrozenheart or Joel now.
I guess you mean JBoyley(Jeff) and not Joel ;)

Anyway, you have my best wished to this project. Its always nice to se another mod is born ;)

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri May 09, 2003 3:43 pm

Whoops yea... i'll go edit that...

E-mail is the way to go then?

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat May 10, 2003 2:10 am

Answering your question:
Q. How do I get my work added to the file center?
A. Anyone wishing to submit their Diablo 2 mod-related material for addition to the file center can contact JBouley at jeffbouley888@msn.com for more information. Please DO NOT send any file in directly without email/forum comfirmation beforehand.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon May 12, 2003 7:14 pm

Great as soon as I meet *Jeff* on MSN, or be bothered to use e-mail. It should be released :mrgreen:

Till then I'll be doing some playtesting and fixing a few bugs/tweaking skills.

EDIT

Been doing some networked playtesting :mrgreen: , managed to fix a few bugs and add afew new features. Experience levels have been tweaked at higher levels. Also the cow level is less "Cowy"
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Thu May 22, 2003 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri May 23, 2003 3:56 am

[quote=GuyAskingQuestion";p="98045"]Also the cow level is less "Cowy"[/quote]

How exactly? Do you mean other monsters besides cows, or less drops/xp? Or both? :mrgreen:

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Fri May 23, 2003 4:15 am

Or possibly less cows.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri May 23, 2003 2:13 pm

Well you could say your both right :lol:

More monster variety leads to less of one monster :) , although the exp gained here is still quite nice. Despite this I would say the cow level is harder and requires a properly built character, since you'll be fighting some old favourites...

And I also added an old friend for the cow king, I'd say he's rather deadly :twisted:

Recently I actually found the Necro to be abit overpowered, which is weird :roll: , so he's been taking some tweaking. And exp in hell is abit poor too.

Worked out you would need to kill 15,000 enemies in Act2 Hell to go up from lv 124 to lv 126 , although I wanted harder leveling at this stage I find thats alittle silly :mrgreen:

Craziel

Post by Craziel » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:54 pm

GuyAskingQuestion: An Assassin question: You mention trap improvements. Can you tell me about improvements specifically to Blade Sentry, Blade Fury, and Blade Shield?

And is it possible to let Assassins use Daggers the same way they can use Claws? .. and maybe even throwing/staves/short swords? In fact, i'd love to see "Claw Mastery" become a lot less specific, to allow for some variation on the Assassin theme. I mean, they are killers, right?
Last edited by Craziel on Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

50 Cent
Banned
Paladin

Post by 50 Cent » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:55 pm

Sounds cool. Keep up the good work!

Lord of the shadows
Suspended - Please Contact Myhrginoc
Knight

Post by Lord of the shadows » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:39 pm

Hey,has it come out yet? :?:
AHHHHHHH...fresh meat!
-Butcher

What do you want?
To see a mod making site?Then go to my site. http://www.freewebs.com/darkhell/ (changed,now http://www.freewebs.com/burningfire
To go back to phrozen keep? http://d2mods.xfernet.com
Or fresh meat?Visit local butcher.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:19 pm

Possibly it could be out on the next site update :)

*Sorry for the lapse*

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:55 pm

I know this is a double post, I also know that I could of edited my previous post.

But I think a *bump* is required for one reason;

The next time the main site is updated (by Phrozenheart) Revival will be in the file centre!

Yes I beat Blizzard!

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:44 pm

I think I missed something here... is your project now called Revival? If so, I can rename the thread to the new project name ;)

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:01 pm

Downloaded the mod today, moved the dll files over, ran in -direct -txt, click on single player and get unhandled exception error, following is the stack dump:

***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
12:11:27.531 Fault address: 6F8A32FF 01:000022FF D:\games\Diablo II\d2win.dll
12:11:27.531 eax:0001d679 ebx:64010000 ecx:00000001 edx:00004a49 esi:02028004
12:11:27.531 edi:0000002d ebp:00000004 esp:0012ca88 eip:6f8a32ff flg:00010283
12:11:27.531 cs:001b ds:0023 es:0023 ss:0023 fs:003b gs:0000
12:11:27.531 Stack bytes:
12:11:27.531 0012CA88: 1C0F7A07 00000000 82100000 41080000 ..z.........A...
0012CA98: E4D38B6F 04001E08 04001008 CC0B7A07 äÓ.o........Ì.z.
0012CAA8: 58D48B6F 03000000 00000000 F6000000 XÔ.o........ö...
0012CAB8: 00000000 50D48B6F 0F000000 00000000 ....PÔ.o........
0012CAC8: 1E010000 F0D08F6F 48D48B6F 09000000 ....ðÐ.oHÔ.o....
0012CAD8: 00000000 80000000 00000000 38D48B6F ............8Ô.o
0012CAE8: 09000000 00000000 90000000 00000000 ................
0012CAF8: 2CD48B6F 04000000 00000000 33010000 ,Ô.o........3...
0012CB08: 00000000 24D48B6F 04000000 00000000 ....$Ô.o........
0012CB18: FD000000 00000000 18D48B6F 04000000 ý........Ô.o....
0012CB28: 00000000 15010000 00000000 10D48B6F .............Ô.o
0012CB38: 09000000 00000000 C0000000 00000000 ........À.......
0012CB48: 00D48B6F 09000000 00000000 C4000000 .Ô.o........Ä...
0012CB58: 00000000 F4D38B6F 06000000 00000000 ....ôÓ.o........
0012CB68: 3D010000 00000000 E8D38B6F 04000000 =.......èÓ.o....
0012CB78: 00000000 41010000 00000000 E4D38B6F ....A.......äÓ.o
0012CB88: 00000000 00000000 F73B8A6F 20410000 ........÷;.o A..
0012CB98: 2D000000 34D28A06 89D01200 10CF8A06 -...4Ò...Ð...Ï..
0012CBA8: 00D08A06 04000000 50030000 30000000 .Ð......P...0...
0012CBB8: 00000164 01000000 02000000 48D48B6F ...d........HÔ.o
0012CBC8: 0A000000 00000000 00000000 E8D08F6F ............èÐ.o
0012CBD8: E4D38B6F 00000000 00000000 00000000 äÓ.o............
0012CBE8: 00000000 48D48B6F 0A000000 00000000 ....HÔ.o........
0012CBF8: 00000000 F0D08F6F 7CD48B6F 0F000000 ....ðÐ.o|Ô.o....
0012CC08: 00000000 04000000 F0D08F6F 74D48B6F ........ðÐ.otÔ.o
0012CC18: 0F000000 00000000 06000000 F0D08F6F ............ðÐ.o
0012CC28: 78D58B6F 04000000 00000000 08000000 xÕ.o............
0012CC38: 00000000 70D58B6F 04000000 00000000 ....pÕ.o........
0012CC48: 09000000 00000000 68D58B6F 0F000000 ........hÕ.o....
0012CC58: 00000000 0C000000 F0D08F6F 60D58B6F ........ðÐ.o`Õ.o
0012CC68: 0F000000 00000000 0E000000 F0D08F6F ............ðÐ.o
0012CC78: 54D58B6F 04000000 00000000 10000000 TÕ.o............
0012CC88: 00000000 4CD58B6F 04000000 00000000 ....LÕ.o........
0012CC98: 11000000 00000000 44D58B6F 04000000 ........DÕ.o....
0012CCA8: 00000000 12000000 00000000 38D58B6F ............8Õ.o
0012CCB8: 04000000 00000000 13000000 00000000 ................
0012CCC8: 30D58B6F 04000000 00000000 14000000 0Õ.o............
0012CCD8: 00000000 28D58B6F 04000000 00000000 ....(Õ.o........
0012CCE8: 16000000 00000000 20D58B6F 04000000 ........ Õ.o....
0012CCF8: 00000000 17000000 00000000 1CD58B6F .............Õ.o
0012CD08: 04000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 ................
0012CD18: 10D58B6F 04000000 00000000 19000000 .Õ.o............

further down there are many references to d2win.dll also....

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:10 pm

Arghh!

My mod is in the wrong catorgory!!!!!!!!!

It's for 1.09, so before playing revert back to 1.09!

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”