MVP Challenge

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

MVP Challenge

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:18 pm

By now you've probably seen the monsters with Green names, and died to their wrath! :twisted:

These special little monsters are known as MVPs; a monster type from Ragnarok Online where the killer was known as the Most Valued Player. If you're at the correct level for the area you will die trying to take these guys on.

So for those who dare, or have already dared, I want to know which ones you've found and killed. Prefrebly in which difficulty and at what level too!

Here's a list to help you! (updated with records!)

Swiftfoot 15/48/x
Soul Steal 15/76/x
Death's Silence 45/x/x
Ancient Kaa the Soulless 30/x/x
Moonlight Shadow 31/x/x
Oak of Storms 31/x/x
Hood's Gatekeeper x/x/x
Gaze of Death x/x/x

Records:

Swiftfoot Malachai29/Bloodyu/x
Soul Steal Bloodyu/GAQ/x
Death's Silence Malifrax/x/x
Ancient Kaa the Soulless Bloodyu/x/x
Moonlight Shadow Bloodyu/x/x
Oak of Storms Bloodyu/x/x
Hood's Gatekeeper x/x/x
Gaze of Death x/x/x
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Re: MVP Challenge

Post by Malifrax » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:39 pm

I've killed Swiftfoot, Deaths Silence, Ancient Kaa the Soulless and Oak of Storms with my Necromancer in Normal difficulty. Swiftfoot I killed around level 20 or so, the others I was over 40, due to the whole Forgotten Tower thing. :) I may have killed others, but with skeletons I generally don't bother looking at monster names, as I'm too busy picking up stuff and arranging my inventory.
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm

Just killed Swiftfoot myself, druid lvl 15 with lvl 8 grizzly and lvl 8 wolves...his drop was about 2 grand in gold at the most...

Malachai

Edit: Killed Soul Steal right afterwards, lvl 16 druid, lvl 10 wolves, lvl 8 bear.
Last edited by Malachai29 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:59 pm

Level 15/16 is a nice achievement!

Hopefully your necro will be brought back to earth by act 5... or Nightmare...
Going to have a romp in Nightmare with my Pally :)
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:16 pm

[quote=GuyAskingQuestion";p="263644"]Hopefully your necro will be brought back to earth by act 5... or Nightmare...[/quote]
It will probably be Nightmare as I just finished blasting through the end of Act 3, Act 4 and half of Act 5 at /players 8. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how my character does with things it's own level, but summoners never have been all that fun for me to play. I'm mainly using it to explore areas and check things out, as I'll probably retire him and play my Barbarian for fun. :) I tried a couple of times to kill Swiftfoot at around level 18 with my Barbarian, with no success, but I was playing at /players 8 setting, so that might be the problem. Also, the fact that the Barbarian doesn't have any minions to take the brunt of attacks is a major factor in difficulty.
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:32 pm

Yes, summons are very handy in Normal for takeing alot of damage for you. By Nightmare, and Hell the damage penalties against summons make them much weaker against superuniques and bosses.

Just beat Swiftfoot and Soul Steal with my level 76 Zeal/Fanat/Conversion Paladin in Nightmare... that record won't last!

Bah, one of the Act 4 MVPs isn't implemented properly... he would have had your Necro too! Chain Lightning > Skeletons!

dfnord
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dfnord » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:57 pm

Bone spear > skelletons. It just ignore the minions an damages the necro right on spot (as most people just ignore magic resistence).

Bloodyu

Post by Bloodyu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:57 pm

ERm killed Ancient Kaa the Soulless in lvl 29-30 with my fire sorc..
and the griswold aka soulsteal at lvl 14-15 :/ something like that :)
couldn`t kill Swiftfoot fire imune :(

myb u could make some nice drops from them? :)
and erm where can i find death silenc?

oak the storm lvl 31 :P
Moonlight shadow lvl 31 :)
Last edited by Bloodyu on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:43 pm

Nice new records :)

Death's Silence is where Beetleburst usually resides. The mvp's drops are alittle dodgy, they all drop slightly better than an act 5 unique monster, but since you're too low level they simply drop gold...

I might have to adjust some of the act 1/2 guys drops.

Bloodyu

Post by Bloodyu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:50 pm

I came back and kill Swiftfoot in lvl 35 he still drop nothing :/

ahh and on nightmare Swiftfoot killed on lvl 48

killed soulsteal at lvl 49 :P
Last edited by Bloodyu on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”