No peeking

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

No peeking

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:46 am

Somebodies been busy!

album_page.php?pic_id=2033
album_page.php?pic_id=2034
album_page.php?pic_id=2035
album_page.php?pic_id=2036

Still have not received the backup disc! I don't have the cool Blowback skill on this version :cry:

Really gearing up to release now, I'll need to fiddle with the two versions to make a complete one and I can release something!
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Oh Noes!!! I peeked!!! Looks good...cant wait to try out the new tab! :) 8-O
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Still have not received the backup CD, damn Royal Mail!

As soon as I can get that I can release that week...

I've got some plans to do something with GameDiff.dll :twisted:

EDIT:

How mad would Malachai be if I put the cube/pryamid/catalyst cube recipes in TTD, but with a more evil twist than before? :twisted: :poofmad:
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:36 am

you gonna make me come up with yet another list? :P admittedly, I never did make a cheat sheet for the catalyst set... :P

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:04 am

Still have not received the CD :poofmad:

However, work continues... I am having some difficulties with GameDiff (no pun intended!), but thankfully I have my TFW buddy on the case :mrgreen:

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Re: No peeking

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:14 am

haha. those pictures look amazing.

i'll give consideration to playing whatever mod that is after i get tired of Laz's, now Joel's, Median 2008.

what mod is that, btw? the one the pictures are from?

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 am

I am going to go out on a limb here and say its the newest version of Revival: TSC....but hey, what do I know??

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:40 am

:x

no need to take that tone with me.

:roll:
i just saw it on the 'latest posts' in the control panel... not like i regularly look at this forum or like i searched it out...

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:15 pm

DemonicAngel";p="311698" wrote: no need to take that tone with me.
I think you misunderstood Malachai. I have not confirmed the name of the mod, only dropped hints in older screenshots.

More screenshots are int his older thread:
viewtopic.php?t=37328

And a new screenie, with a twist:
album_page.php?pic_id=2054

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:07 pm

Dunno if it was on purpose or not, but you misspelled Myhrginoc in the game there! :P Got to admit though, its nice seeing my name used as a monster...

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:23 am

I am blaming the difficulty of spelling Myhrginoc. It's not like a spell checker would help! :mrgreen:

Couple of things:

Would anyone care if I borrowed a number of item concepts from TSC? Like the relics, they will be given a twist. At the moment I have borrowed the Relic System and Cards. So if there is anything anyone remembers they liked, I n look into it. As at the moment the cubemain/runewords/items changes in general are quite bare, as this mod was supposed to be a small one when I first made it.

nEw InFoMaTiOn, YaY?

I am going to be mean and just say a few things :twisted:

1. This mod is semi-ironman in nature.

2. Normal is normal, Nightmare... well you might not make it, Hell? You might as well give up :twisted: In other words, you probably won't be a Patriach/Matriarch unless you really, really, know what you are doing and were lucky...

3. There is one change I would like to do, but will not. You will find out when I release.

4. I like MVPs so much that I made some more.

5. I might finish this before Malachai finishes his mod! :twisted: :cry: :mrgreen:

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:26 am

GuyAskingQuestion";p="311795" wrote: 5. I might finish this before Malachai finishes his mod! :twisted: :cry: :mrgreen:
ROFL I can guarantee it! :P

As far as taking things from TSC, go for it! I honestly would not mind seeing the relics in again and such like that. You had some good things going in Revival, and some better things in TSC, so I dont see why you wouldnt grab from them...

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:17 am

Things are going well :mrgreen:

*Implemented a much expanded version of the TSC Smithing system.

*Skills are at a strange point. I have had them complete for about a week now, but I've been expanding them and revamping any Vanilla skills to make the mod a bit more interesting. I even remade my favourite ranged skill Blowback :cool:

*Bunch of runewords added, as you can see here:
album_page.php?pic_id=2059

I'll be adding more until I get GameDiff.dll working :cry:

*Cards are in the same situation as runewords. I have got the new card system in place up to act 2. No MVP/Boss cards are in yet. This time you don't just gamble them, you have to find them ONLY from that monster :twisted:

*More screeny fun:
album_usercp.php?user_id=284

EDIT: Fixed a major bug, always good pre-release :) It seems someone accidently deleted a random line in itemstatcost.txt... well done me!

Sadly, the deadly team of test characters Malachai (lv 15), Heavyarms (lv 21), RandomSorc (lv 24) and most sadly Bobby (lv 51) will no longer load :cry: Oh well...
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:00 pm

any idea when this mod might be coming out?

i'm looking for a new one to play, and these screenshots have really caught my attention.

i cant wait to play it.

thanks. like i said, i cant wait. ill be on the lookout, because as soon as it comes out im switching over to that. :mrgreen:
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:45 pm

All I can say is soon.

Looking at my mod's schedule, it is around 95% of the way to first release.

Or not new ideas peg back release :twisted:

album_page.php?pic_id=2093
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Soooo, we are lookin at christmas for a release? :P

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Malachai29";p="314276" wrote:Soooo, we are lookin at christmas for a release? :P
I don't know if i can wait that long....

but my birthday is May 20th, and thats only about a month. ;)

so not to continuously bother you on this :oops: ... but you shouldn't have posted quite so many screenshots, because now we don't want to wait any longer. :P

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:09 am

Malachai29" wrote:Soooo, we are lookin at christmas for a release? :P
That is closer to my speed. :oops:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:46 pm

DemonicAngel";p="314301" wrote: but my birthday is May 20th, and thats only about a month. ;)
Sounds like a date. After the second week of May I will have completed all of my final year exams and dissertation (for the 1st of May!) So, I sound have time to party/mod :twisted:

An update:

album_page.php?pic_id=2099

Each time I replace a Blizzard Icon (a placeholder) with a real one, the skill is completed. So I am 7/18 done on the new skills. At the same time, I am tweaking monster AI, adding anything new, and working on my dissertation (6000 words done so far :mrgreen:)

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:58 pm

GuyAskingQuestion";p="314709" wrote:
Sounds like a date. After the second week of May I will have completed all of my final year exams and dissertation (for the 1st of May!) So, I sound have time to party/mod :twisted: ... working on my dissertation (6000 words done so far :mrgreen:)
Hooray on the upcoming release. Waiting, impatiently.

And good luck on your final exams and dissertation!

edit: a fifth tab? wow! :mrgreen:
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

Fifth tab continues to get filled, but I'll show something else and more boring :twisted:

album_page.php?pic_id=2102

The fifth tab should help make the early part of character life more interesting. Half of the skills on this tab do not improve with skill level, but character level. The other half are for something more sinister :scary:

I also felt bored yesterday and gave the spell tree 2 passives... now I might need to do that to the others :lol: A skill overload? Who cares!
That is closer to my speed. :oops:
But you do the hard stuff!
Soooo, we are lookin at christmas for a release?
There are now 3 internal release dates.

1. The 20th of May (most likely.)
2. Christmas 2009
3. When Malachai's mod is released :roll:
And good luck on your final exams and dissertation!
Thanks, I need it!

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:05 am

GuyAskingQuestion";p="315117" wrote: There are now 3 internal release dates.

1. The 20th of May (most likely.)
2. Christmas 2009
3. When Malachai's mod is released :roll:
I'm not sure what you mean by this... 3 release dates? :-|

I hope I don't have to wait until Malachai's mod, since that appears to be coming after the christmas two years from now. :roll:

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:18 am

Bouncy bouncy:

Superunique auras changed:
album_page.php?pic_id=2106

A collage of progress:
album_page.php?pic_id=2113

Lots of work was done over the last week, but my studies are moving to the forefront. The target date of the 20th looks likely to be met.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:48 am

GuyAskingQuestion" wrote:Superunique auras changed
Somebody who has been Awakened to the various possibilities! :mrgreen:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:25 am

Lots of fun changes sicne the last update :)

One major break through: I have completed the first draft of my dissertation, which has been sent for checking. So, I have some time off :)

The layouts of both Act 1 and 2 have been dramatically changed. There are multiple paths one can take to complete both acts, I know how bored we all get of the desert! With this tasty change numerous "higher level" dungeons and multi-level dungeons have been snuck in!

I wouldn't be surprised if I got the same sorts of threads I got with TSC on this... I remember the "How do I get to the Dark Wood!!!!1!!!1" threads! Don't expect any maps from me this time around though...

Lots of smaller bugs fixed and impossible areas sorted (shame I am sure someone out there would love these areas!)

I love the aura code edit Myhrginoc, if I knew anything about C I would make a d2mod plugin for the masses. I have to learn Java next year anyway, so maybe that plugin will come out one day!

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”