The Third Day, bugs and suggestions

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

The Third Day, bugs and suggestions

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat May 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Post your evil bugs and concerns in this thread.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Fish of Muu
Champion of the Light

Post by Fish of Muu » Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 am

Okay, that was just insane. The Tamoe Highlands were just impossible.

Anthromancers spawn creature generators which spawn some quill rat things while rogue captains spawn skeletons and rogue archers are spamming the screen with fire arrows. ANYTHING that spawn creature generators alone is too much.

Also, while 32 bit icons are nice, not having the skills turn red can be rather annoying.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun May 20, 2007 1:17 am

A quick reply before bed :)

[quote=Fish of Muu";p="325050"]Okay, that was just insane. The Tamoe Highlands were just impossible.
[/quote]

I admit I tend to run through them! What level are you by the way?

[quote=Fish of Muu";p="325050"]
Anthromancers spawn creature generators which spawn some quill rat things while rogue captains spawn skeletons and rogue archers are spamming the screen with fire arrows. ANYTHING that spawn creature generators alone is too much.[/quote]

You just got one hell of a bad draw. There are a number of monsters which can spawn there and you happened to get the hardest three! No worries, I do admit Anthromancers are overpowered. They tend to spawn themselves which does not help, this will be looked at.

Rogue archers are difficult, I might give the early archers an increased ai delay.

[quote=Fish of Muu";p="325050"]
Also, while 32 bit icons are nice, not having the skills turn red can be rather annoying.[/quote]

True, I will upload a set of 16 bit icons in the future, which will be ugly. Feel free to use them, or fix them!

Thank you! :mrgreen:
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Fish of Muu
Champion of the Light

Post by Fish of Muu » Sun May 20, 2007 1:20 am

I was lvl 14, and Lore was only a couple levels behind. We already cleared everything else so far (there's no way to get to Dark Wood from the Underground Passage anymore).

andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Post by andsimo » Sun May 20, 2007 8:44 am

Why my hero, transforming in sorc, sometimes disappear from the screen? In this time she cannot move, don't cast any spell...
Screen is here:
album_page.php?pic_id=2235

Sorry, problem is solved. When sorc keep two weapons (in the both slots), she is disappear. With one weapon no probs in visualization.
Last edited by andsimo on Sun May 20, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildkarrde26726

Re: The Third Day, bugs and suggestions

Post by wildkarrde26726 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:19 pm

I was upgrading runes for "Prowess in Battle", got my Hel rune and immediately put it into the fletcher guards I had...only to notice that the required level was 253! Didn't know if it was because of the rune or not, so I upgraded two more Dols into a Hel again. Sure enough, the Level Requirement for Hel rune is 253. I assume this is a bug. Any chance there is some hidden cube recipe to remove runes/a quick way to fix this? If it was a -direct -txt mod I'd fix it myself...but I've never used .bin before so I'm pretty much stuck :cry:

EDIT: realized after reading some of the other posts that vanilla D2 recipes were still in...so I used my now useless extra Hel rune and a tp scroll to remove the runes from my fletcher guard...I'll be making another runeword in it instead. Still, lvl 253 Hel runes seem like a pretty serious bug :)
Last edited by wildkarrde26726 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:25 pm

r15 + tsc + any socketed item -> unsocket (destroy gems) Still works from vanilla, good job you have a hel to do so :mrgreen:

I've looked into the problem, and it will be fixed in the next patch (which brings forth some nice new things.)

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:21 am

Wassup GAQ? Im new to your MOD, thanks to Lucia Ellan, i gotta say the system you worked up is VERY crafty, and i like it alot, plus thank god you included all the plugY features, it makes this MOD far more enjoyable, but i do have a simple question, i have been finding a ton rares with +% to an evil force, is this a bug or is it what it states? Cuz right now it does absolutely nothing for me that i can see.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:25 am

On the Mage Shields? That should be fixed in 0.95b.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:09 am

[quote=Valherran";p="332671"]
but i do have a simple question, i have been finding a ton rares with +% to an evil force, is this a bug or is it what it states? Cuz right now it does absolutely nothing for me that i can see.
[/quote]

Make sure your D2MOD is running properly...
I had seen that evil forces from several other MODs which use D2MOD when I run that MODs while D2MOD isn't installed, and they're gone when I install D2MOD.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:06 pm

:oops: I forgot to patch the game when i DL MOD, well its fixed now so no worries there. I ran into the uber uniques in this MOD, they had green lettering in their names and were very mean, what level do you recommend i take them on as? Kinda messed up that one is gaurding the stones to Tristram...guess i'll just have to lure him away, i only managed to get him down to half HP at level 14, but he murdered me, i think his name was Swiftfoot?

wildkarrde26726

Post by wildkarrde26726 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:03 pm

Couple more bugs(I think, maybe supposed to work this way), I'll just edit this post if I find any more.

1. Socketing a magic weapon with the gem recipe will result in re-rolling the weapon. Since I have tons of gems, I like this bug. Armor will retain the original stats when socketing though :(

2. The socket recipes won't always result with the number of specified sockets. I've seen socketing recipes in other mods result in the same thing, and I'm not certain it's possible to -always- get the listed number of sockets. Yes, I know ilvl determines how many sockets an item can have, but I've re-rolled magic weapons a number of times and had 1-4 sockets as the result using the same recipe with the same weapon. Possibly because the item is rerolled and THEN has the sockets decided? I don't know.

3. You can put a set ring in the cube and hit transmute to get a different set ring. Since this doesn't work with set amulets, I figure it's a bug.

4. When using any of the "transform charms" to make yourself look like a different class...it seems to protect you from fatal damage. If you take massive damage while using one of these charms, you revert to looking like a barbarian and have 1 life remaining.

5. There are some relic+component recipes that will not transmute. I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't record them, but I remember they involved using dodecahedrons, pyramids, and spheres. I think 3 spheres, 1 dode didn't work as well as 1 pyramid, 2 sphere, and 1 dode. I'll list them once I run across them again.

7. +to skills items display their bonuses to things like whitesmithing and runecrafting, but it doesn't allow you to use the recipes. For instance, I have a +1 to skills helm and lvl 1 whitesmithing(shows as lvl 2 with the helm) but I cannot use the amulet recipes. Probably not supposed to allow it, but should be mentioned in the readme if nothing else.

8. Quick-Repair appears to be broken. You can put a single point in it and repair anything 8-O

9. The charm penalty is a great idea, but it can be rather annoying at times since it doesn't go away once applied. You have to remove the offending charms, exit the game, then re-enter to remove the penalties. I was quite confused when I first experienced it. I noticed I was casting -really- slow and I assumed my laptop had overheated and slowed down like it usually does when i play D2 on it :) Also, it doesn't show the penalties in the character screen. Does it actually reduce the resistances? If so, it should really show up there.

10. Does the lightning strike skill have a hidden delay? I've noticed I pause after I use this skill, significantly slowing my rather high attack speed.

11. Einherjar is listed as an aura but is an activated skill.

Not really bugs here, just some suggestions.

1. As it stands, you can gamble for infinite cash with a low level character gambling for Mage Guards. Not sure how you could fix this...but I have yet to run across a Mage Guard that I couldn't sell for more than the price I gambled it for with a lvl 3 character. I gambled for a LOT of mage guards when I was looking for one with +35% to magic ability and +45% to cold(before I leveled up a bit and discovered that there are a LOT better mods than that in higher level mage guards ;) ). Honestly, imo this doesn't -need- fixing since if you don't want to gamble for infinite cash, you don't have to. But I've seen some mod-makers who wanted to know about these things :)

2. Should probably remove the class specific items from the gambling window. I bought a claw to see if I could wear it, transformed to an Assassin and still could not.

3. Barbarians have lost the ability to wield two-handed swords with a single hand. Intentional? This saddened me :( Perhaps there could be a skill that allows this to happen? Would likely be a tad difficult to mod though :P

4. There should -really- be some sort of map packaged with the mod that tells where each cave/entrance and such leads to. It's quite confusing to go in one cave entrance and pop out in another completely different area. I've still got no idea how to find the countess O_o

That's about all I've seen so far. Only made it to the beginning of act 3 so far. I have been playing the normal non-extended version on players 8. It's quite challenging. A nice change of pace compared to most other mods I've blown through. I absolutely love the skill system/changes! Could be because I am a huge fan of Ragnarok Online ;) Anyways, keep up the good work!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:56 pm

4. When using any of the "transform charms" to make yourself look like a different class...it seems to protect you from fatal damage. If you take massive damage while using one of these charms, you revert to looking like a barbarian and have 1 life remaining.

Mods using the wereform transformations have had this problem in the past. You don't die in the wereform state, when the state terminates you return to original form with one HP and then die. In Zy-El this would freeze the game for as long as it took to run down the state clock, but that is D2 v1.09.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:08 am

Time for a quotefest, don't worry, such input is very handy when your trying to get everything stable :mrgreen:

When I say fixed/changed, I am referring to the next patch (0.96, yes a number change, that means content, woo!)

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]
1. Socketing a magic weapon with the gem recipe will result in re-rolling the weapon. Since I have tons of gems, I like this bug. Armor will retain the original stats when socketing though :( [/quote]

Armours now work like weapons, there is a recipe to add a socket to an item and retain the modifiers.

2. The socket recipes won't always result with the number of specified sockets. I've seen socketing recipes in other mods result in the same thing, and I'm not certain it's possible to -always- get the listed number of sockets. Yes, I know ilvl determines how many sockets an item can have, but I've re-rolled magic weapons a number of times and had 1-4 sockets as the result using the same recipe with the same weapon. Possibly because the item is rerolled and THEN has the sockets decided? I don't know.[/quote]

Fixed, testing, and should now work like Ronseal. Apart from any ilvl or item specific limits.

3. You can put a set ring in the cube and hit transmute to get a different set ring. Since this doesn't work with set amulets, I figure it's a bug.[/quote]

That's one of my own little tester recipes, I leave them in as easter eggs/cheats. Since you've given the game away I'll have to remove it :mrgreen:

4. When using any of the "transform charms" to make yourself look like a different class...it seems to protect you from fatal damage. If you take massive damage while using one of these charms, you revert to looking like a barbarian and have 1 life remaining.[/quote]

Vanilla LoD issue, for now finding the fix for this is beyond my code editing abilities. Usually, you will die pretty much instantly after if you're surrounded, and it gives a little protection against a surprise new MVP hurting your exp bar.

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]5. There are some relic+component recipes that will not transmute. I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't record them, but I remember they involved using dodecahedrons, pyramids, and spheres. I think 3 spheres, 1 dode didn't work as well as 1 pyramid, 2 sphere, and 1 dode. I'll list them once I run across them again.[/quote]

Erm, didn't transmute, or just stole your ingredients. They're supposed to work like the latter manner.

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]7. +to skills items display their bonuses to things like whitesmithing and runecrafting, but it doesn't allow you to use the recipes. For instance, I have a +1 to skills helm and lvl 1 whitesmithing(shows as lvl 2 with the helm) but I cannot use the amulet recipes. Probably not supposed to allow it, but should be mentioned in the readme if nothing else.[/quote]

Not allowed, similar to synergies in vanilla. Most of the fifth tree acts in a similar manner.

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]8. Quick-Repair appears to be broken. You can put a single point in it and repair anything 8-O [/quote]

Sorted. Someone, aka me, needs to remember 'bas' is the code, not 'base'

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]9. The charm penalty is a great idea, but it can be rather annoying at times since it doesn't go away once applied. You have to remove the offending charms, exit the game, then re-enter to remove the penalties. I was quite confused when I first experienced it. I noticed I was casting -really- slow and I assumed my laptop had overheated and slowed down like it usually does when i play D2 on it :) Also, it doesn't show the penalties in the character screen. Does it actually reduce the resistances? If so, it should really show up there.[/quote]

No, the resistance penalty is for something in 0.96. Once you've dropped/cubed the charm Just pick up and put down your 'Way of the Worlds' charm to remove the penalty, I might look into giving 'Way of the Worlds' charm a different graphic too...

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]10. Does the lightning strike skill have a hidden delay? I've noticed I pause after I use this skill, significantly slowing my rather high attack speed.[/quote]

The delay will show in the next patch. The delay is 20 frames, so around 150 dex will most likely bring it down to your attack speed. It is a very powerful skill, and kinda needed this nerf.

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]11. Einherjar is listed as an aura but is an activated skill.[/quote]

Fixed, a skeleton card will now improve the skill.

Not really bugs here, just some suggestions.

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]1. Yada yada yada, cheat, cheat, cheat.[/quote]

Necrolis discreetly raised this issue to me in a PM. Fixed, an annoying one... exploit it whilst you can. You will need the money!

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]2. Should probably remove the class specific items from the gambling window. I bought a claw to see if I could wear it, transformed to an Assassin and still could not.[/quote]

Gone, gone! GONE!

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]3. Barbarians have lost the ability to wield two-handed swords with a single hand. Intentional? This saddened me :( Perhaps there could be a skill that allows this to happen? Would likely be a tad difficult to mod though :P[/quote]

Intentional, you don't want to see what happens when a Amazon tries to dual weld :twisted:

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]4. There should -really- be some sort of map packaged with the mod that tells where each cave/entrance and such leads to. It's quite confusing to go in one cave entrance and pop out in another completely different area. I've still got no idea how to find the countess O_o[/quote]

I did so in TSC, I decided against this in TTD for the sake of the 'adventurous player'. There are A LOT of hidden/extra dungeons hidden away and revealing the maps would reveal them too. Try the first cave you come across ;) (p.s. The countess MVP is currently bugged :lol:)

[quote=wildkarrde26726";p="332737"]That's about all I've seen so far. Only made it to the beginning of act 3 so far. I have been playing the normal non-extended version on players 8. It's quite challenging. A nice change of pace compared to most other mods I've blown through. I absolutely love the skill system/changes! Could be because I am a huge fan of Ragnarok Online ;) Anyways, keep up the good work![/quote]

Thank you! I love Ragnarok too, I have a side project for 1.11b...

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:30 am

IMO after reading these posts, the charms were a cool idea, but they hold alot of bugs when using them, the barbarian using assassin weapons with charm is not possible, all characters except the sorc cast slower naturally, The barbarian attacks faster than anyone else naturally, the list goes on, i would say pick your avatar (what you WANT to look like) and build him up to your liesure so you can prevent these problems.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:29 pm

Couple of things I've found:
1. Bone Armor is broken, it always goes down after one hit, no matter what monster or skill level
2. War Cry - max level is 20 not 30
3. Typos
- Zerae's Presence - in description is Zarae
- Charged Javalin - in description javlin

Edit:

First bug in 0.96 spotted - Einheiar skill is broken, you can have 21 skeletons (slvl 4)
album_page.php?pic_id=2313
Last edited by badger_pl on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:23 pm

Sorted, I missed out an " ' " in the formula :lol: !

Hope you enjoy your working Bone Armour, the skill has some hidden synergy bonus to make it more effective for melee characters :mrgreen:

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:48 pm

Great, thanks!

Ok, here's another bug (0.96a) - kill counter doesn't work.

edit:
And Revive's skill description doesn't show benefits of next level.
Last edited by badger_pl on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Open TTD.ini and change:

;KillCounter=KillCounter.dll

to

KillCounter=KillCounter.dll

aka remove the ";"

EDIT: Uploaded fixed version of .ini file. It's not another patch, just an adjustment to a single file.
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:13 am

@ GAQ's SS, you cheat...

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:53 pm

[quote=Valherran";p="333252"]@ GAQ's SS, you cheat...[/quote]

Sorry? I don't understand what your on about here?

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Couple days ago you posted a SS of you killing Shadowworn or something of that name, and you killed him with a level 9 barbarian...you cheat! :D

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:45 am

That took some time. Just a triple Tal'ed Longbow and Tal'ed gloves to do the damage. Barely scraped his health. It took around 15 minutes to kill him! I twinked the Tals from another character, but that isn't exactly cheating :)

Tried to kill Swiftfoot with him and just got owned :cry:

Griswold's next :twisted:

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:47 am

Um, 3 tal runed ranged weapon is just cruel in early times. But it's legal one. (And it loses its power quickly in later levels)
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Another portion of bugs :P (0.96a)

1. Kill counter still doesn't work
2. Radament's book of skills gives 3 points instead of 2 (what says the description)
[strike]3. Cube recipe 5 rough elunium -> elunium doesn't work[/strike]
4. It seems that there are only normal gems dropping
5. Act 3 hirelings don't have any skills (well, I hired only cold one, he seems to just stand and do nothing. He's level 26.)
Last edited by badger_pl on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”