Evil Force

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Evil Force

Post by Elad » Thu May 31, 2007 3:03 am

:( tried to patch 94D, now wrist braces are all evil force. Noticed that when upgrading it would only go to 63 or 67% then stopped and showed error. Elemental arrows also show evil force.. Can the game be rescued?
Kept the game and installed a new one. Renamed old TTDA until I find out if I need to delete.
Also installed EX to try. Just lvl 5.
Elad

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:43 pm

Ouch!

Are all functions of d2mod are working? All 5 tabs and mercs can equip rings/amulets, etc? Looking at the table files, I can't see any problems (apart from one Bracer having an incorrect entry...)

Upgrading, that is with Phracons/whatever, right? I'll look into that. Have you had any problems going beyond 63-67% before?
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Evil Force

Post by Elad » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:40 pm

:oops: I was not clear enough--It was extracting the item data base that only goes to 67%. Never had an item data base, so never had the problem before.
Only play SP. My companion is the iron golem, much cheaper than a Merc.
Playing sort of a Zon. Bow and some magic. Miss the magic arrows and decoy. EC at lvl 14. Still would like to get old character working. Will tinker with it.
Elad
:) :( Deleted data and item data base. Added data folder from another TDD I had installed. Deleted that TDD and renamed TTDA to TDD Now I have my character back with no evil force. Now no 94D.
Last edited by Elad on Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:46 am

The item database is just a series of html files (basically an offline webpage) I only compressed it as it would add a larger size to the download.

I now have recreated the problem, but I have no idea how it is occurring. My own files work, but the installation ones do not. Strange...

Anyhow, I'll quickly add a new set and claim it's a patch :lol:

Pop here and grab 0.94e:

viewtopic.php?p=323866

The are two decoy style skills on the Ranged page. Zerae's Blessings and Celestia's Presence both do a similar job, whilst having other uses :twisted:
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:42 am

I put the item data base in a separate folder on my desktop for reference. Since it is only 67%, have no idea what is missing.

Still having problems with recipies.
Tried grand charm+ crafting orb and got the same totem-1 strength
Tried grand charm+Ral+Tal+Ort+Thul+crafting orb-nothing happened
Tried a rare arrow+ 3 rubies (chips)+Crafting orb-nothing happened. Tried flawed rubies, again nothing happened. Repeated using magic arrows--again nothing. This is in EC. Will try TDD

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Not sure what happened to my post, so I'll do so again :x :x :x

GC + Orb problem found and will be fixed in next patch
GC + 4 Runes, that shouldn't happen in plain TTD. It's just something that EX needs sorting, EX will recieve all the recent TTD patches when I get 0.95 out.

Rare arrows recipe: Remove the orb and it will work. The rare recipe will require the orb in 0.94f, but for some reason it doesn't right now. The magic recipe doesn't need an orb and should work (I actually have NO magic arrows across all my characters!)

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:23 am

0.94e helped a little.
2 phracons+magic armour works. Used on wrist guards.
Magic arrows sort of work. No matter what gems are used, you always get green arrows with various dmg vs an evil force. This in both TTD and EC. I have gotten from 21% to 142% on various trys.
Rare arrows don't work at all.
It's not a matter of USE, it just to see if things work and try.
This is a fun Mod, since I never know were I am going or how I got there.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Elad";p="328868" wrote:0.94e helped a little.
2 phracons+magic armour works. Used on wrist guards.
Magic arrows sort of work. No matter what gems are used, you always get green arrows with various dmg vs an evil force. This in both TTD and EC. I have gotten from 21% to 142% on various trys.
Rare arrows don't work at all.
It's not a matter of USE, it just to see if things work and try.
This is a fun Mod, since I never know were I am going or how I got there.
Got both arrows working 100% now. The 'evil force' part of the arrow is caused by a display bug, they still have the correct in game effects. I have fixed the bug, which related to using an old code fix.

The recipes make the arrows green so you can't keep on using them :P

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”