SGDirect3D

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

badger_pl

SGDirect3D

Post by badger_pl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Is there an easy way (not requiring rewriting half of the mod) to run TTD in normal DirectDraw/Direct3D mode? What is it used for anyway?

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:05 pm

SGDirect3D is used for all the skill icons and the startup logos. The logos I can easily do without, but the icons are impossible to turn from 32bit into 8bit colour. I tried doing so years ago and they simply look messy. The only 'easy' way would be to turn them into greyscale pictures, as they fit D2's rather murky palette well.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

badger_pl

Re: SGDirect3D

Post by badger_pl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Well, that's good news for me and my old PC. So, I would need to replace skill icons and logos with 8bit versions to make this mod playable on graphics cards not compatible with dx9? Could you give me some instructions on how to do that? I could use some dummy pictures, having no icons is better than having no mod at all.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:21 pm

Old skool 8bit icons available here:

http://www.tech-rant.com/downloads/d2/G ... eicons.zip

These are the 32bit icons greyscaled, although there are some minor palette problems these convert a whole lot better than full coloured ones.

Simply go to your: "TTD\data\global\ui\spells" folder and replace the files with these ones (you will need to remove the GS from their names.) Next, go to "TTD\data\global\ui\frontend" and delete (or rename) the 3 files (NOT the folders,) which are there.

Now you should have the old loading screens and 8bit icons to enjoy. You can use the original d2direct3d.dll and use Glide/Direct3D/Opendraw whatever you wish on your 'old' pc.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

badger_pl

Re: SGDirect3D

Post by badger_pl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:18 pm

Great, thank you very much! Finally I can enjoy your mod. Played a bit las night, got to Blood Raven and I liked what I saw so far. Time to hunt some MVPs :twisted:

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”