MVP Challenge 2: TTD and EX

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

MVP Challenge 2: TTD and EX

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Quote from old topic
By now you've probably seen the monsters with Green names, and died to their wrath! icon_twisted.gif

These special little monsters are known as MVPs; a monster type from Ragnarok Online where the killer was known as the Most Valued Player. If you're at the correct level for the area you will die trying to take these guys on.

So for those who dare, or have already dared, I want to know which ones you've found and killed. Prefrebly in which difficulty and at what level too!
This time around MVPs are more deadly than in TSC. There are also a lot more MVPs around, so many I can't even remember all their names! I will be counting records from both TTD and TTD:EX. The lowest level kills are what I am looking for. Note that it is easier to kill the MVPs in TTD:EX, but you will be doing so at a higher level, so records will be harder to obtain.

I might have made some errors in the following lists, so beware. Note that just because an MVP is in a later act, does not mean he is stronger. I would wait until your character is above level 25 before trying to kill the MVPs, as they start at around level 40 in normal.

Act 1
Souldrown 9 (GAQ)/36 (Lucia Ellan)/x
Griswold 19 (badger_pl)/x/x
Swiftfoot 25 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
Belhifet 14 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
Artemis 32 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
The Cow King 25 (badger_pl)/x/x

Act 2
Night Crawl 31 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
Fenrisulfr 42 (badger_pl)/x/x
Laz the Summoner 25 (badger_pl)/x/x
The Nefarius One 23 (badger_pl)/x/x
Ancient Kaa the Soulless 41 (badger_pl)/x/x

Act 3
Moonlight Shadow 41 (badger_pl)/x/x
Storm Force 32 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
Deathspire 41 (badger_pl)/x/x

Act 4
Hood's Gatekeeper 41 (badger_pl)/x/x
The Antediluvian 48 (GAQ)/x/x
Malachai29 23 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
Talzak the Corrupted 29 (badger_pl)/x/x

Act 5
Deathweave 27 (Lucia Ellan)/x/x
Flamebringer 48 (GAQ)/x/x
Garm 32 (badger_pl)/x/x
Myhrginoc 41 (badger_pl)/x/x
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

badger_pl

Re: MVP Challenge 2: TTD and EX

Post by badger_pl » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:47 pm

Souldrown was defeated at level 22. I think he's the easiest one because he rarely uses powerful melee attack and doesn't chase you. Hit-and-run tactic + zeal and rare ethereal gothic axe 52-371 :twisted: was enough to beat him.

It was on normal difficulty obviously, TTD version 0.95a.
Last edited by badger_pl on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:50 am

Malachai29 was slain by me! ;)
I was lvl23, and TTD (not EX)
I used hydra from the entrance of river of flame... (he took about 10 mins to be defeated)

I uploaded the screenshot (after he's died, a card is dropped): I'll link it after it's approved by administrator.

...edit:
um, I have no idea fpr the reason why Malachai29 drops a "death lord" card...

screenshot is here:
album_page.php?pic_id=2292

(I'll use my user gallery later, thx GAQ for info!)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:41 pm

If you want to upload pictures, try your user gallery

Lucia Ellan, you just confirmed my suspicions about a 'card bug'. I dispatched of Swiftfoot in normal, at level 52 :lol: , and he dropped the same card. I've looked into the issue and found the problem, so if you are lucky enough for a card drop it will be the correct one. Death Lord card is rather strong, so you aren't that unlucky :)
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:48 pm

I taken down Swiftfoot at lvl 25.
I used chaos ice all the way, and it was a piece of cake... (it knocks back him continuously)

screenshot is here:
album_page.php?pic_id=2295
(taken at just before he dies)

....he dropped just a cube and a Ral rune... what tha...

btw, chaos santuary was so hard for me... LoL. (maybe I'm too young to beat through it)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:14 am

Sorry, only gonna go off topic real quick-like....Why me, what did I do to make you wanna beat me!!!!! :P I have got to get into the challenge I think, not every day you can beat yourself up....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:43 am

Lucia Ellan";p="331691" wrote:I taken down Swiftfoot at lvl 25.
I used chaos ice all the way, and it was a piece of cake... (it knocks back him continuously)
Since Swiftfoot is really quick and small, I had to leave knockback on him. He is one of the lower level MVPs, so is supposed to be easy(ish). Melee characters have a much harder time, so I'll give him a getdam-skill to make mages actually have to move. (Although a mage build will still rule against him.)
Lucia Ellan";p="331691" wrote: ....he dropped just a cube and a Ral rune... what tha...
Yeah, MVP drops have been notoriously screwy since TSC. Nowadays the only real drop you will get is their cards (around 1 in 60 in normal, and 1 in 15 in Nightmare.) The cards are the best socketables going.
Lucia Ellan";p="331691" wrote: btw, chaos santuary was so hard for me... LoL. (maybe I'm too young to beat through it)
The level curve needs adjusting. You're around 5 levels short for your position, you'll still be getting full exp, but only just. Try popping back to Act 2 and try to find the level with Golems (lhigh experience level 30 monsters, perfect for your level), Choas Ice should help you gains some levels there quite quickly.
Sorry, only gonna go off topic real quick-like....Why me, what did I do to make you wanna beat me!!!!!
Because you pwnz0r! Your MVP has to win the award for 'most annoyingly placed boss in a D2 mod, ever.' You'd win it so easy I am surprised at the lack of a thread called MOVE MALACHAI 29!!!!!111!ONE!!!six!

On another note, my lv 48 'archer' handily titled CONFUSEDoCOM has mopped up some more big boys. Easy records to beat, but you have to show it can be done!

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:30 am

Deathweave is slain by Lucia Ellan ;-)

I hardly managed chaos santcuary, and advanced to act 5.
Just I stepped a few steps outside, he appeared: so I retreated back to town - and "cast and back" strategy (....or you may say it's cheating) was work.

screenshot is taken just before he dies.

album_page.php?pic_id=2299

I was at lvl 27, and act 5 normal, players 1, TTD .95b.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:25 am

Thanks to Badger, I decided to try Souldrown.
My golem lasted about 2 seconds, but gave me a chance to locate him and bring him down with Hydras to keep him busy. Used guided arrows. The arrows were green with enhanced damage and dmg to deamons, Rare Fletcher Guards, and a rune bow with the runeword Ice.
Lvl 28 EX. Oh yes lots of mana bottles. Might give Griswald a try when I reach lvl 30. He is not too fast. Fast ones take me out too soon.
Did this several times and manages to get a set boots, and a set buckler. No card.
Has anybody tried players X. Did players one and two.
Are there any others that don't chase you?
TTDEX 95a
Last edited by Elad on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:31 am

Talzak the Corrupted is dispatched....
"so, where's my prize?"

um, I thought he would drop the hellforge's hammer, but I can't find it at all. Where I can find the hammer (and complete the quest)?

I think this record can be beaten at far more earlier level... (especially for archers: just guide and swallow mana pots)

screenshot is taken at right before he dies.
album_page.php?pic_id=2300

and...
Elad";p="332657" wrote: Thanks to Badger, I decided to try Souldrown.
My golem lasted about 2 seconds, but gave me a chance to locate him and bring him down with Hydras to keep him busy. Used guided arrows. The arrows were green with enhanced damage and dmg to deamons, Rare Fletcher Guards, and a rune bow with the runeword Ice.
Lvl 28 EX. Oh yes lots of mana bottles.
WoW, 28 on EX? that's so great! I'm lvl30 spellcaster on .95b (not EX) and he's just hell for me ;-(
Elad";p="332657" wrote: Are there any others that don't chase you?
um, I think any others would chase you, but since your nature is ranged, you may use your advantage... (Spikeforce at Lower Kurast waypoint, Deathweave at fort where a catapult is, etc...)

btw, the way I killed Deathweave looks like too cheesy and cheating(from town...-_-), but I found I can deal him on far outside of town. (I just said it above, anywhere he can't reach me will result his corpse...)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Mmm... these 'exploits' with Hydra and Archers might be looked into. I may throw a ranged skill on some MVPs. Since you can kill Deathweave outside town in a similar manner, I'll grant you the kill (and beating my oh so hard record!) That non dropping Hammer will be looked into...

Since your in Act 5, and use Hydra, Flamebringer may show you some leet Hydra skills. :mrgreen: Nice to see the MVPs I thought were hardest are staying alive: Fenrisulfr, Laz the Summoner, Moonlight Shadow (for ranged characters), Hood's Gatekeeper, and Myhrginoc. I can't see any of them being dispatched by a character below level 30.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Flamebringer is dead!

thanks GAQ for detailed info, and Nihlathak, who gave me the Mage Guard with +114% magic dmg & +74% cold dmg (though it's magical one, it's magical one for me!), and Malah for potions, and Ward of Flames for super-ultra-hyper-heat-enduring.

no special or dirty strategy used, just pulled him to a wall with chaos ice and enjoy the "Inferno by Hydra" - woot, I'm so hot today!

screenshot is here(right before he's exploded):
album_page.php?pic_id=2305

edit:
I tried Laz the Summoner after I'm back from work, and he's dead, too!

He's not that hard, and I didn't need any "tricks". I just casted spells on him.

here's another screenshot for poor Laz:
album_page.php?pic_id=2306
sorry Laz, but I love Median2008, too!

another edit:
and, Night Crawl is dispatched just after Laz died.
thanks to my saboteurs! (and he dropped 145 golds, woot!)

Night Crawl's last standing:
album_page.php?pic_id=2307

I was at lvl 31, normal, players 1, TTD .95b for all attempts above.
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 pm

Good job Lucia. But you've got competition :twisted:.

Belhifet has fallen, he killed me a couple of times though. I used newly acquired skills - Static Field and Einheriar. Those skeleton mages pack quite a punch (especialy poison ones). I used static on him and mages did the rest. Here's a screenshot of his body:
album_page.php?pic_id=2311

Next victim was Laz the Summoner. This guy wasn't too hard, his minions are way more dangerous. Luckily he came alone from his room. Again, I used static and mages, and finished him with Holy Wave. No photo here, I pressed print screen as he was exploding, and what remained of him can't be identified :twisted:.

TTD version 0.95b, character level 25

Oh, here's a screenshot from the fight with Souldrown:
album_page.php?pic_id=2310

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:29 am

I DL'd the .96 patch this morning (morning at here), and shocked by GAQ's patch log....LoL

btw, I helped Griswold to rest in peace.

he's defeated in just 10 seconds by my lovely flaming serpents.
(he was *cheesiest* MVP for me - even my casting speed is significantly slowed on .96!)

lvl 31 (why still 31?!!), TTD .96, and as usual, normal diff & players 1.

screenshot is here:
album_page.php?pic_id=2312

--------
badger_pl";p="332982" wrote:Belhifet has fallen, he killed me a couple of times though. I used newly acquired skills - Static Field and Einheriar. Those skeleton mages pack quite a punch (especialy poison ones). I used static on him and mages did the rest.
um, where's he? I'd try him! (I though I saw him once... but i cannot remember where he was -_-)
badger_pl";p="332982" wrote:Next victim was Laz the Summoner. This guy wasn't too hard, his minions are way more dangerous. Luckily he came alone from his room. Again, I used static and mages, and finished him with Holy Wave. No photo here, I pressed print screen as he was exploding, and what remained of him can't be identified :twisted:.
wha....what? lvl 25? you're so great, just great! you've won the place! (unless I build another character to do it)
and.. for photo, I did just same as you did, and I had to deal him again to get the screenshot (fortunately I'm still at lvl 31...curses...)

------------
and this one is for GAQ:
where I can find Artemis?
also, I want to know where's the Countess.... (yep, I need runes!)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Cool, I'll download 0.96 right away.
Good job with Griswold, I wasn't able to even scratch him, and he hits too hard to try close combat. I'll try to get him with my archer.

Belhifet is in Inner Cloister, in cathedral. Watch out for his Bone Spear ;).
wha....what? lvl 25? you're so great, just great! you've won the place! (unless I build another character to do it)
and.. for photo, I did just same as you did, and I had to deal him again to get the screenshot (fortunately I'm still at lvl 31...curses...)
I was surprised too, I thought he will be harder. The key is to lure him out without his minions.
Oh well, I'll try to beat him again, though it's harder to take pictures when you're a warrior ;).

I don't know where Artemis or Countess are, but there may be something in Gauntlet (Blood Moor -> Icy Cave -> Jail 1,2,3 -> Gauntlet) which I haven't explored yet (tough monsters).

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 pm

badger_pl";p="333108" wrote:Belhifet is in Inner Cloister, in cathedral. Watch out for his Bone Spear ;).
thanks badger, and I taken him down with 2 healing potions (ouch, the spear hurts!) and 3 mana potions. Except his spear, he wasn't hard once I take the position. (of course, I'm now lvl 32.... so this is just a "try")
badger_pl";p="333108" wrote:I was surprised too, I thought he will be harder. The key is to lure him out without his minions.
Oh well, I'll try to beat him again, though it's harder to take pictures when you're a warrior ;).
um, I killed him while he's summoning his troops continuously and I can to do it because I'm spellcaster, and used chaos ice (yes it's AEDD)
And I think you'll no need to take that picture for the record. Of course you may take it if you want to keep it.
badger_pl";p="333108" wrote:I don't know where Artemis or Countess are, but there may be something in Gauntlet (Blood Moor -& Icy Cave -& Jail 1,2,3 -& Gauntlet) which I haven't explored yet (tough monsters).
I'm exploring gauntlet now, so I might find something....

Also I tried Fenrisulfr and I found it's impossible for me now.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:05 pm

Going to have to reveal a secret here:

Blood Moor -> Ice Cave -> Jail... and continue going down. You might find the journey rather hard, but you should gain some nice exp.

LOL, should read have the posts above :mrgreen:

BTW, Artemis is currently bugged. So kills won't count, I'll fix her up today or tomorrow. In the next patch she should spawn in the Jail level 2, whilst the countess will be back :)
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:23 pm

um, I killed him while he's summoning his troops continuously and I can to do it because I'm spellcaster, and used chaos ice (yes it's AEDD)
And I think you'll no need to take that picture for the record. Of course you may take it if you want to keep it.
Spawns are weak, but his minions (red knights) are tough for me, I can't scratch them. Anyway, I killed him again (and discovered a bug in the process) and took a picture. I had 21 skeletons, but they all died to those dreaded lightning archers before Laz came out. Turns out magi weren't that great help. Holy Wave (lvl1) finished him quickly, he must have low cold resistance.
Here's the picture, I know this isn't a proof as you can cheat/photoshop, you can only have my word for it (or, if someone really wants it, I can record a movie). Anyway, it's fun to have some trophies :P.
album_page.php?pic_id=2314

Fenrisulfr, yeah, gotta have fast boots. I did kill one of his wolf companions though ;).

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Strange how you find his minions hard, they are a monster which is simply a clone of Laz, but inferior in almost every way! Erm, how did you get 21 magi???

Fenrisulfr simply owns, I would keep away from him. I can only beat him if I used the Afflicted bow I, erm... "made" in testing. I'd make sure you can take down Garm before you try him. You've probably done the quest already, but travel back to the Claw Viper Temple, The Nefarius One should sit outside.
I DL'd the .96 patch this morning (morning at here), and shocked by GAQ's patch log....LoL
Shocked at what? :mrgreen:
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 pm

Alright, last news for today, Griswold is dead. Killed by lvl 19 caster :twisted:.
It was slow fight, but it wasn't hard. I used Phrozen Steps (lvl3) and Hydra (lvl10). Biggest danger was taking pictures, I almost died.

album_page.php?pic_id=2315
album_page.php?pic_id=2316

I also tried using same technique on Nefarius, and it worked nicely... till he healed :P. Oh well, he'll have to wait till I find some ranged weapon with prevent monster heal.
Strange how you find his minions hard, they are a monster which is simply a clone of Laz, but inferior in almost every way!
I don't know, I just coudn't damage them enough. Laz fell pretty quickly, but those guys seemed to have stone skin.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:49 am

A picture of pure ownage, this is one for the Guinness Book of Records:

album_page.php?pic_id=2317

Souldrown got owned!
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:09 am

Oh my goddess, my laptop gone strange, it doesn't boot!
So I can't continue this competition until it comes back...
GuyAskingQuestion";p="333131" wrote:Going to have to reveal a secret here:

Blood Moor -& Ice Cave -& Jail... and continue going down. You might find the journey rather hard, but you should gain some nice exp.
oops, as you know, the trophy goes to the youngest one!
(though it's not the game's main objective)
anyway, I decided to let Clara(it's my char name) to grow up freely, and I'll bring up her sister to get the trophy.
GuyAskingQuestion";p="333139" wrote:Fenrisulfr simply owns, I would keep away from him. I can only beat him if I used the Afflicted bow I, erm... "made" in testing. I'd make sure you can take down Garm before you try him. You've probably done the quest already, but travel back to the Claw Viper Temple, The Nefarius One should sit outside.
Be prepared, The Nefarius One!
GuyAskingQuestion";p="333139" wrote:
Shocked at what? :mrgreen:
I'm a spellcaster, and what would shock me? I know you know what it is!
(yes.. I'll need to use Ring of Berzebub....)

just after I made this reply....
GuyAskingQuestion";p="333246" wrote:A picture of pure ownage, this is one for the Guinness Book of Records:

Souldrown got owned!
YAY, we just granted to call GAQ the god!

----------
edit.

My engineer says the mainboard of my laptop has broken, and I'll have to replace it with new one.... and it costs MUCH money!
I'll not able to play any game for a LONG time until the laptop is repaired....
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Two records beaten!
Night Crawl, using Immolation Arrow (great skill) and lots of running, and Belhifet using Charged Javelin (another great skill, I sense a nerf :P). Both died at the hands of my archer, lvl 21. Those records should be easy to beat.
Screenshots:
album_page.php?pic_id=2319
album_page.php?pic_id=2320

I ventured to Gauntlet 1 with her and was able to clear large portion of level using Immolation Arrow and Charged Javelin. Scary place :P.
GuyAskingQuestion";p="333246" wrote:A picture of pure ownage, this is one for the Guinness Book of Records:

Souldrown got owned!
Wow, that's one unbreakable record! Nice idea with Tal's. Soo, you say we can twink our characters? :P
Lucia Ellan";p="333251" wrote:My engineer says the mainboard of my laptop has broken, and I'll have to replace it with new one.... and it costs MUCH money!
I'll not able to play any game for a LONG time until the laptop is repaired....
Sorry to hear that... You could buy some old PC really cheap only for Diablo 2 though ;).

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:07 pm

The sisterhood is returned! I'm so glad to see you all again in this MVP challenge!

I bought a HDD case(it allows linking my 2.5'' HDD via USB) and saved my whold data from my laptop!
Now I use my disk on an old desktop. (P4 1600MHz, and it sometimes down itself :( )

btw, Now I brought up old Clara's sister, Lucia, the ranger.
As her first trial, I targetted Belhifet and she did great job - she did it even without wearing a headgear and gloves!

Just before Belhifet is undertaken:
album_page.php?pic_id=2340

Special thanks to Akara who gave me a +% posion dmg shield, for EVIL 85k golds! (and some elite-level items which made the money)

Here's Akara's EVIL shield (yep, I fought without a headgear, really):
album_page.php?pic_id=2342

lvl 14(sorry bedger), normal, players 1, TTD .96a

I think this record is still can be improved with some Tal runes..
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:10 pm

The Nefarius One bit the dust!

Killed by level 23 archer, using Immolation Arrow and Charged Javelin :P.

Here's a screenie:
album_page.php?pic_id=2341

I'm in the jungle now, met Storm Force. This guy is insanely tough! Neither Immolation Arrow nor Plague Javelin (~2600 poison damage) did slightest dent in him.

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”