omg, "Pit Lord" in cold plain?

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

omg, "Pit Lord" in cold plain?

Post by Lucia Ellan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:49 am

first of all, sorry for my POOR english ;-)

I'm pretty new in TTD (and this keep ;D), and played .94 before: I was ok, except MVPs, but I passed them.

I just got .95 and my .94 char cuused an error: "generic bad item"

So I made another new and started all over.....

I advanced to cold plains with no problem. and when I reached lvl9, I summoned an iron golem and went forward.

But... I saw BLIZZARD spell and my golem is gone with single hit of blizzard (note that the golem has 300+ hp) ;(
And several pli lords (which must be in act4 in vanilla) chased and finished me. LoL

anyway keep up this great work GAQ, I'm looking forward of this!

====
edit.
====
I have advanced to stony field, passing the lords back.
....but a pack of dark rogues chased me, and my golem and merc were gone again with single hit of "returned damage"! LoL (how my merc can be died by returned damage?)
and even more strange, that rogues do their attacking motions, but any arrows are fired, and.... their name is displayed as "an evil force" -_-;

probably I didn't installed this mod properly, but I didn't get any errors/crashes. anyway, looks like a good MOD.
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:25 pm

You need to install the 0.95a patch on top of your copy of 0.95. It can be found here:

viewtopic.php?t=44827

It removes the Pit Lords/Demonic Mages from the Cold Plains (which is a bug!)
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Re: omg, "Pit Lord" in cold plain?

Post by Lucia Ellan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:30 pm

I've just downloaded it, and when I try to load my char...

Diablo II Error
Assertion Failure
Expression : pbData

and D2 crashes ;(

ah, I ran D2 with "-mod TTD -direct -txt -b32".
also I've replaced D2Direct3D.dll with your file.
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:12 am

Guessing from the shortcut, D2 can't find the string files. Did you extract 0.95a into the same directory? (So it can overwrite the old files.)

Alternatively, get your old 0.95 working, then copy the patches .bin files over the old ones.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:50 am

GuyAskingQuestion";p="330735" wrote: Guessing from the shortcut, D2 can't find the string files. Did you extract 0.95a into the same directory? (So it can overwrite the old files.)

Alternatively, get your old 0.95 working, then copy the patches .bin files over the old ones.
I did it via your installer, and I gave it my D2 directory (D:\Program Files\Diablo II\)
It successfully overwritten some old files, but I'm still getting that error.

I've tried with "-mod TTD -direct -b32" ("-txt" is absent):
it works, but inventory window is broken ;(
(showing the graphic of modified inventory, but ACTUAL inventory is vanilia's one: items are placed in between grids)

What can I do for now?

ah, I use LoD 1.10. (it shuold be no problem)

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:11 am

Got it.

Your first error was due to running the game with -txt, doing so has overwritten my .bins with vanilla ones. (If you set up a data\global\excel\ folder in your d2 directory and make a shortcut to run -direct -txt it creates .bins)

Reinstall the patch and make sure the shortcut has not got the "-txt" bit.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:14 pm

thanks so much, GAQ the gentleman!

now it finally works!

(though I formatted my system, but nothing changed to my Diablo II files)

please keep up the great work!

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”