Help Me!!!

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

diablo-fire-666

Help Me!!!

Post by diablo-fire-666 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:08 am

alright this mod looks awesome looks like u put alot of work into it and it seems like its worth a shot but i have read all the walkthroughs and installation topics but none of them help... i downloaded the base packet for the topic "The Third Day Downloads Thread (Latest 0.95a EX: 0.95a)" i have 1.10 installed i ran d2modsetup.exe i renamed d2directd3 ttd.dll to d2directd3.dll and started it using the shortcut inside "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\TTD" when it started i chose single player and adventurer (the only one) the door started to open and when it was almost done a box poped up saying "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)" can you help me? or is there something worng with the download... idk i tried it all but please help id realy like to start playin it

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:19 am

Just a couple of questions to help me:

You have the 33 megabyte (ish) file, right? IF so, then good :)

When you run the shortcut, does the game load in a window (not fullscreen) and have the title 'Diablo II - SGDirect3d - SVR' ? (A good sign)

Does the start up menu (where you choose Single Player/B.net/Credits/Whatever) have the words "D2Mod System 1.02" in gold letters in the bottom left corner?
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

diablo-fire-666

Post by diablo-fire-666 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:47 am

yes it loads in a window named "Diablo II - SGDirect3d - SVR"

and yes it says d2mod system 1.02 in the corner

but... my "TTD" folder (inside diablo2 directory) is 64.1 MB big... if ur talking about "TTD-base" (the file i downloaded) yes that one is 32.9MBs big

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:25 am

Mmm...

Doubleclick "Cleanup Logs.bat" (I don't understand why, but this has fixed problems for me.)

If not, lets try to remove some variables. Double click "8 Bit graphics.bat" and press a key like it says. This should swap the 32bit icons with 8bit ones. (No errors appear when doing this right?) Then swap the mods d2directd3.dll, with the one from vanilla d2. This should run the game as usual (the startup background should return to the original one if all has gone right.)

IF we still haven't fixed it, then it's time for another question: Where is your Diablo II installed to? Is it C:/Program Files/Diablo II/ or elsewhere?

As always, you could try updating to 0.95b.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

diablo-fire-666

Post by diablo-fire-666 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:47 am

well... i have read all ur instructions i have downloaded ttd-base multipletimes (make sure download not corrupt or something) i have read all ur instruction i have tried both resolutions... and still nothin... i ran the clean logs... i tried 8 bit graphics... i swaped d2directd3.dll if it matters when i swapped them back (so i had vanilla version) i started with old shortcut and it loaded 1.10 fine i could enter games ect.... ill try updating it to .95b and see what that does if that dont do it ill look for a older download... but other than that im out of ideas... u got any left

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:58 am

Going to bed now, but where is your D2 installed?

diablo-fire-666

Post by diablo-fire-666 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:00 am

this is the location from my real d2 LOD shortcut "C:\Program Files\Diablo II" the default

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:08 pm

If you still can't get in with 0.95b, then am afraid I am stumped...

badger_pl

Re: Help Me!!!

Post by badger_pl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:07 am

I'm affraid there's problem with batch files, files in frontend directory are not renamed.
So, diablo-fire-666, install the mod, edit data\global\ui\spells\Go8bit.bat in TTD directory, change last line to:

CD FrontEnd\
call 8bit.bat

and run it.
That should fix the problem.

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”