Various questions???

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Various questions???

Post by Elad » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:46 pm

Just started TTD 96A new character lvl 9. Still playing TTD EX 95A. Had TTD 95B, but dumped. TTD is much harder than TDD EX or maybe it is just me.
Questions:
1. Guises--do they do anything besides change apperances?
2. Are there orbs for Sorcesses in this Mod?
3. Once in awhile I get %D%. What is this?
4. What is Test String 9?
5. Potions of experiences. One only or one of each of the six? I already have two experience of 1Mil. for lvl 32. Still fooling around Blood Moor at lvl 9.
Still can gamble for Mage shield and make lots of gold to about lvl 12.
My hat is off to Lucia on MPV's. I got to lvl 26 in TTD 95B, and couldn't punch my way out of a paper bag, let alone any MPV. Got rid of the character and started new one with TTD 96A.
I see 2 phacons give two sockets again in armour.
Elad

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Re: Various questions???

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 am

Elad" wrote:1. Guises--do they do anything besides change apperances?
All guises will prevent you from instant 1-hit-killing. (due to D2 engine bug)
Also, all "guised" character animation will be broken when you wield dual wepaons.
Elad" wrote:2. Are there orbs for Sorcesses in this Mod?
I couldn't see any of them yet, but GAQ would give you detailed answer.
(I was building a spellcaster, and she uses a scepter with 100% chance to flee on hit - it does nice work with Lightning Strike)
Elad" wrote:Still can gamble for Mage shield and make lots of gold to about lvl 12.
I could make lots of money at lvl 31 too.(though it's lesser than .95)

others: I think only GAQ knows them.
Elad" wrote:My hat is off to Lucia on MPV's. I got to lvl 26 in TTD 95B, and couldn't punch my way out of a paper bag, let alone any MPV. Got rid of the character and started new one with TTD 96A.
Since I'm not a native english speaker, I couldn't figure out what you're meaning for this... so sorry, grandfa.

-------------
aww, I'd buy a new laptop within a month...
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:04 am

Our idioms undoubtably translate quite oddly. "My hat is off to you" = praise, although the idea of doffing one's hat in respect is getting rather archaic.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:18 am

Lucia-thanks for the information. Your english is fine. I have grandchildren older than you that write in a kind of shorthand, example new becomes nu. Some times I have to read things several times to understand them.
LOL--Myhr is right, some of my terms are archaic, but then I am kind of archaic. My first computer was a Vic 20. One of my first games was Commander Keene. I wrote a few programs in Fortran IV. I was not a computer programmer per se, but a system engineer. "punch out of a paper bag" means I was very, very weak.
Myhr--I still play TFW and about 5 other Mods.
Elad

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks, Myhrginoc and grandfa Elad!

Um, I'm still waiting for TWF:Awakening too.
Also I play BFE and Median.

I'm so grateful Elad said me I'm fine in english! (though I think I need far more learnings)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:47 pm

I won't tie up Guy's forum with TFW:Awakening news (even if he is a co-developer), but although nothing has been released lately my latest big project is going to be an eye-popping important part of the mod.
Elad" wrote:LOL--Myhr is right, some of my terms are archaic, but then I am kind of archaic. My first computer was a Vic 20. One of my first games was Commander Keene. I wrote a few programs in Fortran IV. I was not a computer programmer per se, but a system engineer.
Archaic R Us! :mrgreen: Your story is similar to mine. We both saw the dinosaurs stomping around: I cut my first code teeth making Fortran IV punchcard decks in high school. These modern languages don't pay proper respect to complex numbers! And I am also an engineer instead of a programmer.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”