Ragnarok Status 14/11/07

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Ragnarok Status 14/11/07

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Hype slash information thread for this ickle mod. This mod is really the successor to TTD, which was only supposed to be a test bed/proof of concept. However, thanks to the amount of work done on TTD, Ragnarok should not take an age to make, as I now have a large palette of skills I can pull from both TSC and Ragnarok. So expect a mix of TTD/TSC and new skills here.

Lets move on to the classes:

There will be seven classes when I finish with the mod, each one will be implemented one at a time. Each class will have 2 pages of unique skills and 1 page of shared skills; how the shared skills will work will be revealed later (most likely after 3 classes are completed.)

The planned classes are:

Crusader

"A master of both the Spear and the Sword she is a natural party leader."

Hunter

"Skilled with the bow and traps, she epitomises ranged fighting."

Mage

"She has mastered the elemental magicks."

The Sorceress with a twist. Expect a couple of your favourite TTD AoE skills to return, after all they were initially modelled on RO skills.

Marauder

"He is a versatile fighter, natural at utilising two weapons and an expert with throwing weapons."

Monk

"Through the training of his spirit, both his body and his mind are deadly weapons."

Whilst the description sounds like an Assassin, he isn't an Assassin. I've got ideas to port over many RO Monk skills. This guy will take me a lot of work, as none of his skills featured in TSC/TTD.

Priest

"A versatile fighter, with a range of supporting spells, he can fight using magick or in melee."

The Priest, like in Ragnarok Online, has a strong set of supporting skills; however, unlike on RO the priest is able to handle himself. The Priest is a well rounded fighter with a mix of melee skills, bow skills, offensive magic, and a wide range of supporting skills. Think Paladin with magic and you won't be far off.

Sage

"He has mastered many forms of magick and cantrip"

A non-conventional magic user. This guy won't be a Necro/Pet user. I won't be doing the Sage according to RO, as that would make for a dull character.

Skills Status, so you can see how slow/busy I am. This is handily wrapped in code to stop the evil forum formatting...

Skills are where all the remaining work lies...

Code: Select all

Status (non shared)	

Skills designed	100 / 140
Skills completed	40/ 140
Skills with icons	40 / 140

Status (shared)	

Skills designed	2 / 70?
Skills completed	0 / 70?
Skills with icons	0 / 70?
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”