First Shutdown Rag

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

First Shutdown Rag

Post by Elad » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:09 am

Act 1 Gheed, gambling. Mage
Microsoft error message: Error signature
App name:game.exe App Ver 1.0.11.46
Mod Name: d2game.dll
Mod Ver 0.0.0.0 Offset 00033210
From Rag NezLog:
4:12:41 Value: 606807EB -> Address: 01E2375F (D2Game.DLL)
14:12:41 Value: 90909090 -> Address: 01E22C00 (D2Game.DLL)
14:12:41 Value: 0E447FE9 -> Address: 01E22C0
This was at the end of this particular Log
I haven't got out Blood Moor yer, have not done Den of Evil. Only lvl 4.
Have a Mage and a Priest.
Neither has any thing listed in Shared skill. Is this right?
Elad
Edit: Game only seems to appears as Window. Is that right?
Last edited by Elad on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:32 am

Since the mod is in alpha I set the windowed switch on the shortcut, you can remove the -w in the shortcuts properties if you like. This just makes it easier to catch any crash error reports.

At first, I thought you were crashing as there are no magical items in the mod, but after loading my level 7 character I found I could gamble. All the items given were superiors, this is weird behaviour! It does crash with a level 1 character, so I need to remove gamble from Gheed, but I will keep it on the other npcs. I believe once you are level 5 it should work.

I bet you got rich on runes, they do drop really easy at the moment for testing purposes :mrgreen:

Nobody has any 'shared' skills yet, they will be a mix of skills from the other classes. So I need to pin down and make the other classes skills to do that.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: First Shutdown Rag

Post by Elad » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Thanks GAQ for the quick response.
Tried to gamble again at lvl 7 and still crashed. Didn't even get to see his wares. Clicked on Gamble, black screen. Just kills the game, not my whole computer. For some reason, it gets rid of the wallpaper and just leaves a small square with a check mark in it. Go get the wallpaper and it is OK again.
Another crash lvl 2 Fireball. Killed a couple of champ zombies, but when I killed the third (green), the game crashed. Same info as the first except the offset was 000ce7e0.
Last three lines of Nex log.
10:35:58 Value: 606807EB -> Address: 02B7375F (D2Game.DLL)
10:35:58 Value: 90909090 -> Address: 02B72C00 (D2Game.DLL)
10:35:58 Value: 0E447FE9 -> Address: 02B72C0.
Had been killing lots of Fallen, Zombie, and quills with no problem.
Can you play /players up to 8?
Maybe I have some kind of a problem.
Is anybody else having probs? Don't see much on forum about Rag.
Oh yes, I never saw or played Ragarnok
Only have 2 different kinds of runes. Sold all the chias but one. No Plug Y makes it hard to keep much of any of the drops. Have a couple of little cubes, sheres, and rough elums. I kept, also a few health, mana, and jewels..
EDIT: Rather than start another thread, would just like to mention that I have killed everything in the Ice Cave and Den of Evil, but Alkara still says the job is not done.
Why are all the Rogue Campground characters in the den even a couple of cows? Tried the Waypoint, but got stuck. tried to use a portal, but would not let me make one. Had to shut down game. Now lvl 9.
Edit-edit: Just dawned on me--no rares, uniques,
sets, or magic, does this mean there is no need for ident. scrolls?
Edit again:Still get a "not done" after going through the den and cave 5 times.
Every time I save and quit my wallpaper is gone (See above). Strange!!
Got a bad surprise-- had been updating a novice bow had updated 8 times OK, on the next upgrade the dex requiement jumped from 10 to 102. That seems like a huge jump in the need for dex. My character, Mage, is now lvl 10.
Last edited by Elad on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:01 am

Funny post Elad! 8-O

Too many edits to keep track of!

Damn, another crash for me to look into. Just before I go delving into testing, you have patched up to patch 4, right?
Is anybody else having probs? Don't see much on forum about Rag.
There were a number of issues in the Member Announcement topic, but this week the Keep news pointed here. Since the last patch I haven't had much feedback (I thought I might be able to start adding new stuff :( )

Quick fire answers: players 8 works, Ragnarok isn't the most popular of MMORPGs (by a long shot,) you'd have to advance further to get more runes that can make earlier runes useful, no PlugY is due to Nefex testing, you can buy most of the crafting gear from Charsi for testing so there is little point holding on to stuff.

Den of Evil: I need to look into that (I skip it these days...)

The second den question: ????????????????????????????????

Identifying scrolls are useful for sets, which aren't implemented yet. Just sell them.

I have absolutely no idea about the wallpaper issues, it could be Nefex... you might want to talk to Nefarius about that, because I can't do anything that messes with Windows from a set of text files!

With the bow, you 'broke' it by over upgrading. There's more in the readme about upgrading.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Edit:FLASH--FLASH Wallpaper problem solved.
Loosing wallpaper was due to removing -w from shortcut. Mod must be run in Windows, not full screen, if you don't want to lose wallpaper.

Sigh!! Here I am again.
Yes, it was the most odd post I have ever made.
It is up graded tp patch 4.
Gave up on the Den. Other than Alkara not knowing the Den was done, was all the Camp characters standing around and a Den Waypoint imbedded in wall in the same area. And of course a couple of cows.
Now lvl 14. Burial Ground and Stoney Field no problem. The Underground Passage was no problem. Yeah!!
Then came the Pit Lvl1 crash.
Crash 1-My merc shot a all white bone Warrior(didn't see its name)
Crash 2- Saw a purple glow ahead
Crash 3- Saw nothing, no monsters, etc.
All crashes the same:
Halt
Location line# 1437, Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6fb6a390

Last part of Nef log:
23:13:26 UiExt.dll ImageBase: 01D60000
23:13:26 Value: 0004478B -> Address: 02C2F569 (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 0000C085 -> Address: 02C2F56C (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 0000177E -> Address: 02C2F56E (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: DD34893E -> Address: 02C2F570 (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 02C71F70 -> Address: 02C2F574 (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: DD2C893E -> Address: 02C2F578 (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 02C71F74 -> Address: 02C2F57C (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 00000043 -> Address: 02C2F580 (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 90909090 -> Address: 02C2F581 (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 02C302CF -> Address: 02C302EC (D2Game.DLL)
23:13:26 Value: 036A006A -> Address: 6FC03F57 (Storm.DLL)
23:13:26 Misc.dll ImageBase: 01D70000
Funny thing is when click Excape from crash the Wallpaper is fine. Only when I Save Game and Exit is the Wallpaper gone.
I just knew things were going too well. Don't need Cain as there is nothing to ident. Unless of course he has recipies I need.
Elad
Last edited by Elad on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Mmm...

I just did the den with a Mage and everything worked fine, I saw no strange characters (or wacky waypoint!) and Akara gave me the skill point for doing the quest.

I am now wondering, if either: the mod doesn't like your computer/it isn't installed right.

Another rudimentary question, you did install the 'main file' which is here:
dload.php?action=file&file_id=1488

Before patching it up to patch 4?

I am only asking this, as I can't reproduce these errors...

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Yes, Installed the 33meg alpha file first and then patch 4.
Was there any patches prior to p4 that I needed to install?
Got through Catcomb 1, then crashed in Cat 2 while hunting for the Waypoint. Ran into a buffalo beast(don't know name) by accident and crashed. The crashed all seemed to be related. Some random.
I may just have to give up on Diablo and either buy a new one or wait until next Spring when I head North. In my hurry for a warmer clime, for got my Diablo's.
When I updated to 1.11 and 11.1b, I didn't save 1.10. Just plain stupid.
Must say it certainly is strange that I got all the characters and the wayoint in the Den. The waypoint was actually call Den Waypoint.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:59 pm

I can confirm what Elad says. Strange situation with the Den of Evil occurs only while playing Priest.
My Mage had no problems with this quest.
Trying to gamble crashes the game with both characters (at all levels, they are now 12 and 14).
Game crashed on me only once, in some cave (cause unknown).
I also noticed strange thing with Mage's Horadric Cube - description says "+1 to firebolt".

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 am

I just tried a Priest and I can't recreate the problem, perhaps the bins supplied with the last release are causing a problem.

Try these ones, which aren't compressed (just stored):
http://rapidshare.com/users/GB0IG6

Firebolt problem is known. I can recreate the gamble crash, it seems one or two items are causing the crash as it works sometimes.

If I can get rid of these silly crashes this weekend, I can get a nice patch out before xmas.
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Alright, these files fixed the problem (I had to start new character though, but I think it should be ok when map gets refreshed).

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Replaced bin files. Tried old Mage still the characters and such in Den of Evil.
Made a new Mage and was able to go through Den with no problems Came back again and ran Cave lvl1(which the den is now called). No problem.
When I did The Pit with new Mage crashed.Location, Line #1437, Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6fb6a390. Must have gotten over half way through before the computer froze.
This is the same as before.
Elad
Badger--Have you been having any of these crashed?

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:56 pm

Yes, I had one right now, and another one earlier. Same error signature, with Mage on Tamoe Highland.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:01 pm

I've found the cause of that crash. A monster with an aura is pointing to a none aura skill. I've fixed the pointer to for that skill and a number of other monsers with other auras.

The gambling bug I believe is related to the forced spawns of rings/amulets, which need CE to remove. If I can't fix this in time I will just change the gamble string to "DO NOT CLICK!"

UPDATE:

I'd happily update some of the dll files for a proper fix, but this picture is a good excuse.

So I want to get the fix out asap, so enjoy patch 5!
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:25 pm

Installed Patch 5, and was going great until I hit Pit Lvl 2 then the crash.
Same as before:
Expression: Unrecoverable error at 6fb6a390.
Was P5 suppose to fix this, or only the Den problem?
Had started a new character and went through the Den with no problem.
Another odd thing is-for some reason the game minaturizes every once in awhile. It has always done this in this Mod. Usually when fighting a mob.
Everything seems to be random.
Elad
Badger-- are you able to move on with no more crashes?

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:34 pm

P5 fixed the Den (which was just down to broken bins, nothing to do with a bug with the mod itself,) the crash I fixed should be in the Tamoe Highland. I can't pinpoint why the Pit is crashing the game.

Damn, again that sounds like something that could not happen due to the text files. I've done a bunch of fixes via the dlls (before porting them to Nefex,) so I could upload some dll files which include all the code work done. If it still minimises/wipes your desktop, then we know what the problem is.

EDIT: Recreated the crash, at Pit level 1. As far as I can remember there is no Pit level 2 ;) I was looking for some sort of error in the monsters there!

EDIT2: Fixed the error, it was the same problem as before, but with an aura that slipped through my checks :)

EDIT3: Patch 6 out, I can do the pit myself, so can you?
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:04 pm

[quote=Elad";p="371437"]
Badger-- are you able to move on with no more crashes?
[/quote]

Yeah, I was able to move on, but I still got crashes :P.
Haven't check the Pit yet, I'm in the desert right now. Crashes occured in Rocky Waste and Cave of Relics (caused by zombies probably).
There's also a problem with Amulet of Viper, I picked it up in Cave of Relics and it didn't show in inventory. Now I can't pick up another and when I open inventory, shop or look into the chest and Horadric Cube amulet graphic shows in upper left corner of the screen.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:21 pm

Badger_pl could you upload your character somewhere? Rapidshare would be perfect for me since I am a premium member.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:06 pm

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:01 pm

GAQ----Crashes again. :cry:
Ist time in Blood Moor. Shot a fire bolt at a (yellow/gold) Fallen --computer froze.
Still getting the same error in Pit lvl1. The first time got a long way. The second time just a short distance. In the Pit--line #1437, Expression.....dfb6a390.
Your right I guess I called the the Underground Passage a pit. Never have a problem there.
Where does the Pit go? If it is just to find Cain, I dont care at this time. Which way do I need to go now to fight Andie and get to Act 2?
Elad

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 pm

[quote=Elad";p="371596"]
Where does the Pit go? If it is just to find Cain, I dont care at this time. Which way do I need to go now to fight Andie and get to Act 2?
Elad
[/quote]

According to my TTD map you can go through the Pit to Tamoe Highland or, like me (I guess that's why I haven't seen crashes in the Pit :P) to Stony Field -> Catacombs 1&2 -> Forgotten Tower -> Black Marsh and then take normal route to Andariel through Tamoe Highland.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:02 am

Thanks Badger, I had crashed a long time ago in Cat 2 while looking for the Waypoint, never went back. Got tired of beating my head against the wall in the Pit, so had gone to Stoney Fields, Cat1 and have found the waypoint in Cat 2 this time. Will hunt for exit to the Tower and go that way.
I think poor GAQ is going to have to spend some time and correct all the crashes before he puts out his new big change. There just seems to be so many and some seem random. I had installed P6 before I tried the Pit and crashed, even used a new character. Thought for sure I would get through.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:08 pm

:cry:

[strike]The crashes are annoying me too! They shouldn't be anything to do with tokens or maps, as they are 'taken' from a stable source (TTD) until I mess around with them later (thinking of having a different layout in Nightmare/Hell.) So the issues are almost always skill pointers, hence the crash has the same error message.

Damn, could you check there is a file called 'animdata' in Ragnarok/data/global/[/strike]

:lol: :bounce: :mrgreen:

Move the file called 'animdata' from Ragnarok/data/ to Ragnarok/data/global/

Now enjoy?

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”