AR Beta for LOD v1.10,v1.10s Beta RELEASED. Test here.

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

jmmijo

Re: AR Beta for LOD v1.10,v1.10s Beta RELEASED. Test here.

Post by jmmijo » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:00 am

Hmm, my lvl 60+ Necro is doing fine in NM so far. On to Act 2 already and I even type in Players 8 for added fun :D

Of course I do spawn the max amount of both Skeleton Mages/Warriors as well as a golem to help ward off any direct attack to myself ;)

Perhaps with a melee character like a Paly or Assy you can get into some trouble. Are you using anything like Holy Freeze or have crafted any of the special charms that are available in AR ?!?

You can't go wrong with the +1 to allskills charms and the extra mods come in handy as well.

I've been seeing some crazy drops so far in AR v1.10s and the lvl's my character has gone up just today was enormous, doing some of the crypt levels will help you out here, but only if you play multi-player like I do alot with my cousin and brother ;) It's one of the best ways to adavance your character in that you have co-op mode and help watch each others back, just in case :mrgreen:

Dauragon

Post by Dauragon » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:12 am

Blood Raven's Bone Spear does no dmg.

Edit: Ok tested further. I'm lvl 39 and I went do to kill Natalya on norm with my Necro. I noticed there were alot of "Evil Forces". Sirens, council members, Death Lords, Defilers, Death Brigadiers and cows.

Other than getting my behind handed down to me (always running out of mana, low skill lvls meaning weak minions - GIMME SOJS), I must say that's it looking good.

A note on Natalya: no summoning Necro can kill her: Natalya EATS golems alive, even if I had 100 golems with lvl 5000 mastery, she'd still rip'em a new one. Please put some *decent* monster in the last level!

Oh, thank you for letting the Dire Wolves have corpses, very helpful :)
Last edited by Dauragon on Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TeknoKyo
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by TeknoKyo » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:44 am

Blood Raven's Bone Spear does no dmg.
Must check again ... duh, most prob I"ll just change to something else so that I don't have to check ... ;)

Other than getting my behind handed down to me (always running out of mana, low skill lvls meaning weak minions - GIMME SOJS), I must say that's it looking good.
Kept forgetting about the Corpsefire uniqs items ... must remember to do it for the next release when the LOD v1.10 final is out.

A note on Natalya: no summoning Necro can kill her: Natalya EATS golems alive, even if I had 100 golems with lvl 5000 mastery, she'd still rip'em a new one. Please put some *decent* monster in the last level!
Hmmm... I always thought that IM will take out any melee chars for Necros. Haven't tried a necro yet on Natalya. Can Natalya be Iron Maidened ???
AR/DotD and other mods -> http://www.planetdiablo.com/teknokyo/

jmmijo

Post by jmmijo » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:02 pm

Dauragon";p="124589" wrote: Oh, thank you for letting the Dire Wolves have corpses, very helpful :)
You do mean the making the corpses visible ?!?

I've always been able to use the invisible corpses for both CE and Skely's :D

Dauragon

Post by Dauragon » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:18 am

Well for blood raven, she gets a random bow and from what I say, the cold dmg/psn dmg on the bow did affect me, but nothing else.

As for Natalya, I haven't tried IM...
because it's lvl 1 and it was past 5am :snore:

And jmmijo, I don't remember being able to CE the wolves back in 1.06/1.07...

jmmijo

Post by jmmijo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:48 pm

Dauragon";p="124793" wrote:Well for blood raven, she gets a random bow and from what I say, the cold dmg/psn dmg on the bow did affect me, but nothing else.

As for Natalya, I haven't tried IM...
because it's lvl 1 and it was past 5am :snore:

And jmmijo, I don't remember being able to CE the wolves back in 1.06/1.07...
Ah, I see what you mean by the bow thing with Blood Raven. Yes she affected my char/merc as well but since I was using a necro and all his minons just ganged up on her ;)

As for the CE thing, I honestly can't remember either, but I know it works now and in the previous version of AR :D

@Teknokyo, something odd to report in the latest v1.08 release of AR. The super-sized inventory/cube/stash has a funny darker shaded tone to it. The larger sized part is what I'm referring to. It has an interesting two-tone effect. The size works however as I can place items in this area and remove them without any problems. Not sure if this is intended or what :?:

As for the rest of it, so far so good ;) I just started replaying with a Druid and have only gotten to rescuing Cain so far, but I like the changes made and I do seem to have a harder time killing them, especially at players 8 :D
Last edited by jmmijo on Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ancestral Recall”