how do you get this game to work

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

Stinji

how do you get this game to work

Post by Stinji » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:51 am

i have downloaded the new verson of ar from the main webpage and extracted it like it said to, but i have no idea on how to make it work properly... so can I get some one to be nice enough to help me out.
Last edited by Stinji on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

StormNova86

Re: how do you get this game to work

Post by StormNova86 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:27 am

What problems are you having with the game? Not being able to load the mod? or is it freezing up or something?
Appearance is often mistaken for reality. If accepted for too long, appearance then becomes reality.

Stinji

Post by Stinji » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:16 am

the problem i am having is it is not loading the mod as far as i can see. i have not started a new game yet but from what i can tell from the skreen shot is that there is ment to be a different splash/background.

do you think that it is where i 'installed' it: d:/diablo II/AR that is where it is installed and that is also inside the main diablo folder. what i am wondering is that the .bat file has the wronge address.

but i could be wrong, and i could be wrong about the splash also and it could be working the whole time :P

****Edit****
the game will not execute... ie when i dould click the AR.bat nothing happens.
Last edited by Stinji on Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MindChild
Paladin

Post by MindChild » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:17 pm

open the batch file in notepad, try changing
game
to
"Diablo II"

make sure the mpq is called patch_d2.mpq

also try changing @echo off to
@echo on

that way you can see whats goin on.

And the skies parted. The earth trembled and the seas poured into the endless cracks of hell's mouth. Only he who remains is chosen to be the next, and only he who remains will survive the final battle.

Return to “Ancestral Recall”