Still "nonstandard" files inside mpq?

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

Fruitti

Still "nonstandard" files inside mpq?

Post by Fruitti » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:01 pm

I take it this mod is similar to previous AR versions in the way it's built.
Meaning one can't go and unpack it with standard mpq2 extractor and filelists? I prefer the nonpacked versions since they are easy to modify in case there's some unwanted feature in otherwise great mod.

This is strictly for personal usage, though I understand why some modders don't like anything of theirs changed.. But, is there way to succesfully unpack everything into -txt mod format and play it that way?

MindChild
Paladin

Re: Still "nonstandard" files inside mpq?

Post by MindChild » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:20 pm

not on PC that i know of, you can extract the .bin files and figure out what to change (i have added recipies to 1.09 bin files with a few hex edits) you could also just make your own mod to play personally. but currently i dont think there is a way to go from bin to txt yet (i could be wrong, try checking the tools forum and General Mod Making forum just in case)

And the skies parted. The earth trembled and the seas poured into the endless cracks of hell's mouth. Only he who remains is chosen to be the next, and only he who remains will survive the final battle.

Return to “Ancestral Recall”