Wishlist! Make ladder items spawn on single/lan games!

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

icchan

Wishlist! Make ladder items spawn on single/lan games!

Post by icchan » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:30 pm

i was just wondering if there is a possibility for making ladder items to spawn on single/lan/open battle.net games. i guess we should treat TeknoKyo some free beer for him to add this feature! thanks guys!

pxf31

Re: Wishlist! Make ladder items spawn on single/lan games!

Post by pxf31 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:50 am

Ladder only items...looks like the name itself is pretty confusing...these powerful items DO NOT spawn ONLY on Non-Ladder characters in Closed Battlenet....

icchan

Post by icchan » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:53 pm

i know, but somehow i guess the items are stored on the client machine. if this would only be true and exposing the items over the mod would be quite possible...

ToAsTy

Post by ToAsTy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:06 pm

I'd love to see this happen. I havnt been playing alot of normal Diablo so I have yet to see any ladder items. Having these on AR would be great. I hope Tek gets finished with whatever he is doing so he can try and help us out. *hint hint*
-ToAsTy-
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:04 pm

This subject has been discussed many times, ladder only items can spawn in singleplayer, tcp/ip, lan, and open battle.net games as well as closed battle.net ladder games. The only place they cannot spawn is in non-ladder closed battle.net play.
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

ToAsTy

Post by ToAsTy » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:23 am

I seem to forget these things....... but thanks for the reminder :)
-ToAsTy-
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

StormNova86

Post by StormNova86 » Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:05 am

Just to reaffirm, ladder items do spawn. I just got a Nature's Peace ring and the new Azurewrath using the Rare->Unique recipes.
Appearance is often mistaken for reality. If accepted for too long, appearance then becomes reality.

icchan

Post by icchan » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:47 pm

thanks for the information. maybe blizzard should change the 'ladder only' note on the items pages of their website to something more helpful, perhaps 'does not spawn in closed battle.net'. games and game infos are intended to be 'user-friendly' and 'warrior-handy' right? kudos to all!

Return to “Ancestral Recall”