noob questions... be gentle...

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

pilot143

noob questions... be gentle...

Post by pilot143 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:24 am

first: great mod... I haven't played it yet (my cd is at home, I'm on the road), but I'm looking forward to it.

Can AR 1.10 be played on LOD 1.11? or do they need to match? How about the latest AR-SE 1.07? or 9? whatever... and DotD the same I would assume?

I occasionally like battle.net... (not asking hacks, want legits) How can I do both? I found the script where it dosen't mod the game, is that all? I've been reading the sticky... I think its just going to be trial and error and error... and error?

I seem to remember reading about server set up (open battle.net?) into the program someplace (I'll search for those later), how safe are those? cheaters?

the last question I have is are the LOD characters I have now, will they transfer over? or am I starting lvl 1 all over again? (wich I'm sure I'll start a few just to do it, but not something I'm looking forward to now after spending all my time on the ones I have)

thanks in advance everyone for your help. I'm sure these questions will lead to more when I get my cd back in hand and actually TRY something compared to imagining it right now.
Last edited by pilot143 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Moved

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:49 am

*This topic has been moved from General Diablo 2 Discussion to Ancestral Recall*

You might get better answers in the proper forum, but it is unsupported, so it may be a bit before anyone responds.

Malachai

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Ancestral Recall was a mod for 1.09..havn't tried it with 1.10...

the AR 1.10 is the mod version, not what diablo version it can be played on..

Unless teknokyo returned and updated it..which I doubt.
Last edited by Little Eddie on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

gerbilfat

Re: noob questions... be gentle...

Post by gerbilfat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:08 pm

Ancestral Recall 1.07 (Classic and Skills Enhanced) is made to be played on 1.09 ONLY.

Ancestral Recall 1.08 (Classic skills only) is made to be played on 1.10 ONLY.

Teknokyo is in the Retired Modders Home and hasn't been heard from for years. It's sad, but we doubt that he's going to make any updates for AR.

If you're playing the Skills Enhanced version, you're better off starting a new character. LOD characters will port into AR, but your skills will be all messed up in SE with normal LOD builds. If you're playing AR for 1.10, you might be OK as long as it's not a 1.11 character. I haven't tested this so I don't know. Remember that you can't port back easily - AR gives you extra stash and new items that vanilla LOD won't support.

As a general note, it's better to start new characters with mods because of how they change the game - it can lead to errors if you're trying to port characters between mods and classic (unless it's something like a drop mod where it's intended to do that). Plus, if you start with an established character, you miss the experience of playing the mod as intended.
Last edited by gerbilfat on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:13 pm

please, lets keep realm discussion out of it, as it is an illegal topic here at the keep.

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

gerbilfat

Post by gerbilfat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:18 pm

Malachai29";p="280775" wrote:please, lets keep realm discussion out of it, as it is an illegal topic here at the keep.

Malachai
Sorry, I didn't realize that it was an off limits topic. My mistake, I was just trying to be helpful. I'll edit my post and remove it.
Last edited by gerbilfat on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raptor01

Re: noob questions... be gentle...

Post by raptor01 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:56 am

Hi Pilot143,

For the best experience with AR-SE:
1. Install DII and patch to v 1.08.
2. Install LOD and patch to v 1.09
3. Dowload AR-SE patch 1.07. Copy the single file into the main DII directory and overwrite the MPQ file already there (the correct name of the file is: Patch_D2.mpq).
Go to the cave in the first area outside the gate - Kill the special corpse that's walking around there - usually toward the end of the cave. He should drop a special armor, helmet, ring, belt and boots you can use immediately (depending on your character level). Do it at least twice to get the second ring, save the second armor/helmet for any NPCs you hire.
You also get the large chest area and inventory.

Enjoy - it's a real nice mod and I used to play it for years.

PS: I forgot, in later updates, teknokyo changed several of the drops, so I always play 1.07.

Cheers,

Raptor01
Last edited by raptor01 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ancestral Recall”