For Myhrginoc - Player Commands

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

raptor01

For Myhrginoc - Player Commands

Post by raptor01 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi Myhrginoc,

I did a search for the "players command." Not a lot of results that make sense. I did see your name where you replied to a question about the "players 127" and "Players 300" command.

Do you know the commands, or this there a place where I can find them?

I'm playing AR-SE 1.07 (I don't like the drops in the higher versions) and I'm using, for example: players 5 followed by a second entry: player 5 (dropping the "s" from the first command). I read somewhere that you need to give the double command for 1.07. However, some other posts I saw referenced this: /player 5. Then, I also saw a post that stated that for different versions of the game (including AR-SE), the commands are different (for each version).

If you can provide any help, I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Raptor
Last edited by raptor01 on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: For Myhrginoc - Player Commands

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:13 pm

Prior to the 1.10 patch, the command was players X, from v1.10 on it has been /players X. I do not know how long ago the players command was implemented or if it has always been a D2 feature.

The game gives no feedback for the earlier version, with v1.10 there has been minimal feedback. If you want to know whether the command works, go a little ways out into Blood Moor with a low level character, kill a monster or two, then enter the command. Explore some more, and soon you should find monsters much harder to kill.

Some mods have disabled the players command, or limited it to very low numbers, while other mods have opened it up to the code maximum 127. But unless TeknoKyo did something very unusual (and more labor-intensive), there is no need for a second command similar to the first to change the players level.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi!

I know that this is for Myhrginoc, but I have to reply...

Tried this, a made a Hell Drifter Cavern run with players 8. This was f****n
hard! I was lvl 92 sorc... 1 run gave me abou 100 000 000 exp,
2 runs gave me a level. (And the amout of herbs and elixirs :mrgreen: )

Don´t even try it, if you aren´t at least Olympic Games Champion...
I needed about six 13 K fireballs to put down one Vile Temperess.
Minions of Destruction regenerated faster, than my lvl 37 frozen orb
with lvl 20 mastery made damage them.

Don´t know how in earlier patches, but in 1.10 there can´t be more than players 8.
Drink the Wine of Aluqah and breathe the secret smoke of God.

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:13 am

Hi Myhrginoc and MegaTherion,

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. I'll try the single line command and see what happens. I tried (V 1.07) to go above 6 today, but it wouldn't do anything. I tried a wide range of numbers upward of 8 to about 70; even 8 didn't seem to do anything, so I think for this version 6 may be the limit.

Oh yes, the Hell Drifter Cavern - I remember that fondly and should be back there in a few days or weeks. Right now (after a long absence) I'm playing 6-7 different characters in DII/LOD, plus a few other games, so it will take a while. The old days of 18 hours per day of only DII/LOD are long gone, LOL.

Thanks again, and enjoy the weekend (what's left of it).

Cheers,

Raptor

Return to “Ancestral Recall”