Skills Edition : Addding New Damage Types

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Nef's damage generation process thread(for 1.11b) explains alot of d2 workings in terms of damage etc, from this you can "jimmy in" a new form of damage(like acid damage), but you would need to expand all the funcs and the damage types table, and you will more than likely need an external lib, further more you'd need alot of experience with asm or C++ and good knowledge of d2s internal workings, it might be easier to add new stuff to existing elements before adding a new one
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

theoutlaw
Canada

Re: Skills Edition : Addding New Damage Types

Post by theoutlaw » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:56 am

I'm a software ingineer , worked in game dev and a lot in c++. Debugging old legacy codes written in '80 is the main part of my job .. i might try adding a new type of dmg for y'all. Just need to get used to the basic ! ( trying to create a 'lvl 1 starter unique' and failing right now haha ( only mod spawning is the 6 sock , res and stats mod doesn't :( ).

Return to “Skill Clinic”