stat page not displaying skill damage properly

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

stat page not displaying skill damage properly

Post by inferno-hero » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 pm

im creating a poison skill tree for my sorceress.
as one of the first skills, poisonbolt, basically a clone of andypoisonbolt.
i have successfully gotten the skill desc to display damage, right now 9-13
but on the stats page it shows 0-1
i have tried linking the missile to the skill, adding the Emin/max damages to missiles.txt, and other vaious things but stills no change to the stat page display.

is there anything i could be missing that is affecting this?
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Re: stat page not displaying skill damage properly

Post by PureRage » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:17 pm

you need to use a value for poison skills in the descdam column in skilldesc.txt
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

Post by inferno-hero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:39 am

PureRage" wrote:you need to use a value for poison skills in the descdam column in skilldesc.txt
thanks. i just need to find the correct value, after a lot of testing i found that 1 displayed the same amount, but in white text. later to find that 6 worked perfect, green text and all.
thanks for the help.
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

Juas
Argentina

Post by Juas » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:10 pm

PureRage wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:17 pm
you need to use a value for poison skills in the descdam column in skilldesc.txt
Sorry, I don't understand what it's to be done here.
I am having trouble figuring out how Poison Damage works on the Skills.txt
Currently I am trying to modify Plague Poppy's damage (but I want to change more skills), the numbers I get are weird to me.
I found this post and searched for SkillDesc.txt but I don't have a clue on what that descdam collum does and how to correlate both .txts.

Anyone can help?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:10 am

I'm assuming you are confused as to how poison damage is calculated. If so, the poison damage display calculation is (2^hitshift/256)*dmg*elen (synergy can also be included in the edmgsympercalc column, which would further modify the result). So for example, if hitshift was 4, emin was 10, emax was 20 and elen was 50, then it would display 31-62 poison damage over 2 seconds. Poison on items follows the same rules, except the hitshift is always considered to be 0. If you just want to change the damage of Poison Creeper, then you don't need to worry about skilldesc.txt, it is used for describing skills (things like tooltip display, character screen display, skill tree display). If I am guessing wrong, then please reword your question in terms of what exactly you are trying to do and what exactly is going wrong.

I recommend you look into the txt file guides (kb/index?c=4) if you want to know what a given column does (more specifically, see kb/viewarticle?a=370 under descdam, it basically just determines how the character screen calculates the damage).

Also, you probably should just create a new thread and link this one if it is needed for context, it is a bit confusing otherwise.

Juas
Argentina

Post by Juas » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Allright Cypress, thank you very much for lending me a hand!

Yes, I will create a new thread and link this one so we can continue talking there, I didn't want to bring too many because I started one yesterday and need to start even another one of another subject I did not found to be discussed anywere.

I need to study that formula, because at first glance I didn't quite understand it yet, I will reformulate the question because I saw that there are other elements that also have a "formula behind them" and ain't just plain numbers. So please give me a few days and I'll start the thread.

Return to “Skill Clinic”