Passives + properties with skills

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Kuss

Passives + properties with skills

Post by Kuss » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:26 pm

From the Skill Clinician:
One of the most significant limitations is that we can't add stats that are used in properties requiring three parameters,like bonuses using the night/day switch or chance to cast spell when triggered. Basically a +crushing blow passive can be done, a +chance to cast fireball when hit cannot. We'll see later how to simulate such behavior, though.
Does anybody know how to make a similar skill? Let's say I want my sorceress to have a passive that adds 5% of chance to cast a little explosion to enemies that hit her in melee. Or not a passive, but a self-buff like Shiver Armor, but always working with a chance and lasts for a set duration. Even more, a passive/self-buff that defends you from the first 5 hits in melee (or first 5 in ranged or first 5 in general), or something like that.

Are these things even possible? I saw some really weird stuff around in the mod community, I'm pretty sure these are all possible there are just workarounds which I don't know.

Jase
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Re: Passives + properties with skills

Post by Jase » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:26 pm

I do recall in a mod someone did get this to work with reanimates.

My guess is that they either hardcoded it in, or did some crazy wizardry in ItemStatCost.txt (Perhaps cloned the stat and had it have a non-variable parameter? Only thing I can think of.)
Terran Marine wrote:I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all out of ... agh, forget it!

Return to “Skill Clinic”