CtC Missiles Func

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

CtC Missiles Func

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello,

i would like to know which func controls if a missile can trigger "on-strike" events.
Also, how can i restrict them to only work for the "main"-missile and not for "sub"-missile?

Thanks.

Nostalgic_Modder
United States of America

Re: CtC Missiles Func

Post by Nostalgic_Modder » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Events.txt has all the different events that are used for CTC skills.
ISC.txt is were you can see how the CTC skills are using the events along with the event functions.

The get-hit skill uses the damagedbymelee and damagedbymissile events.
Now from my reading damagedbymissile will only activate if the missile does some physical damage. Elemental skills, ie Sorceress skills don't do physical damage and normally won't activate get-hit skills.
Missiles.txt has a column called GetHit that should trigger the damagedbymissile event but it seems to not be 100%...
The fix seems to be change the function to absorbdamage and it works with physical and nonphysical damage.

So if your first missile does physical damage, even 1 Point of damage is enough, and the trailing missile does no physical damage. Well one would think it would work.

I have not tested any of this it is all info found on the forum as I have yet to really dabble in skill creation.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I know that physical damage is needed to trigger them.
I just would like to understand how multiple shot works in detail. I don't see any difference to the most missle skills but it got a line "missles" and "trigger missles" were you can adjust the missle which have ctc on strike.

Nostalgic_Modder
United States of America

Post by Nostalgic_Modder » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Return to “Skill Clinic”