Reanimate Passive Skill

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

ocarinas

Reanimate Passive Skill

Post by ocarinas » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:49 am

Dunno if anyone has done this yet but I've found a way to actually choose a monster to reanimate without the need to swap the first monster out.

As you might know already, item_reanimate prop needs at least 2 fields to work properly otherwise It'll always spawn the first mob in monstats.txt and thus if you wanna make the passive skill you need to change the first mob to the one you want but I have found a better way to do this and It's completely softcode too.

What we need:
skills.txt
monstats.txt
itemtypes.txt
states.txt

Anyone who wanna do this probably should already know how to make a passive skill so I'll skip that part.

First open skills.txt at your own passive skill
- passivestate: assign a new state, better not use the one that already been used.
- passivestatex: item_reanimate (duh)
- passivecalcx: chance to reanimate when monster is killed.
And here's the highlight we're gonna use passiveitype field the do the trick.

The game seems to use row numbers in itemtypes.txt as a replacement for id numbers in monstates.txt so what you need to do is simply open itemtypes.txt and find the same row number as id number of the monster you're gonna use.
Note: Ignore Expansion row It doesn't count.

Here's an example:
I wanna use quillrat1 which is id number 63 in monstats.txt. Next open itemtypes.txt and count each rows and you will arrive at Paladin Item row which the code is pala. Now simply put the pala in passiveitype field and you're done.

If the one you wanna use have a high id number that exceeds the row number then, there're 2 solutions.
1. Make dummy rows at itemtypes.txt
2. Replace unused monsters like Gorgon to the one you wanna use.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english :)

Return to “Skill Clinic”