Couple questions from a skills newbie.

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

PolkaDots

Couple questions from a skills newbie.

Post by PolkaDots » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm

So I've done a bit of modding, but I've never touched skills mainly because when I tried long ago, I failed horribly at even a simple arrow nova. That being said, I had a couple questions to see if they are even possible, let alone how to accomplish it.

1) Is it possible to make "Find Item" into an actual warcry, that would pop all corpses within X range? If not, maybe something like summoning a stationary avatar that would pop the corpses with MF equal to yours? IDK if that is easier or harder lol

2) Can one make smite not take weapon durability, but instead take shield durability? I've always hated that smite makes your weapon break, but leaves your shield in tact. It's such a horrible design on blizzard's part.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Couple questions from a skills newbie.

Post by Cypress » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:39 pm

1) I imagine it would be hard to do that exactly, but you could approximate the same behavior. You could make a nova that shoots a ton of spawning missiles that spawn traps that cast find item based on a radius (like how Death Sentry casts corpse explosion within a radius). Your second idea is even easier to do, as you'd only have to do the last part of the first idea. And having a minion with the same MF as yours is a built-in feature; all minions and hirelings on Diablo 2 have the magic find and gold find of the caster added onto theirs. This has an added benefit of allowing this find item nova to have more magic find than the player does, or for only the find item nova to gain more magic find per level.

Return to “Skill Clinic”