Problem with the pets that summoned by the Hydra's func

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

legendhy1992
China

Problem with the pets that summoned by the Hydra's func

Post by legendhy1992 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:32 am

I notice that the skill Hydra can summon three monster at once,so I create a new skill using these func(srvstfunc:14 srvdofunc:144),and successfully summon these pets.
But!The problem is that these three pets can not attract monter to attack them,even I change their threat in monsters.txt it's not work.

SO,what should I do to make these pets become attractive to monsters?Or is there other way to summon three pets(can attract monsters) at once?

PS:Forgiving my poor english,I'm not a native speaker~ :D

legendhy1992
China

Re: Problem with the pets that summoned by the Hydra's func

Post by legendhy1992 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 am

Ogodei wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am
Unfortunately this effect belongs to the srvDoFunc that is used by the Hydra skill. it deletes the minion's attraction for enemies. I tried many times to achieve a fully working multiple summoning with only txt editing but it seems there's no chance nor a decent workaround.
Well,Thank you 8-O

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 am

From my attempts, the only way I could get multiple summoning working is via an aura with perdelay tied to some stat, such that perdelay will be so high without enough of that stat that you won't see any summoning. So then you'd make a buff skill that gives you a ton of that stat, bringing down the perdelay to 1 frame and with a duration of 3 frames, so that it would produce 3 summons and then stop since it would revert to the long delay. The problem is that perdelay has to run out before it will update, so the player is forced to use the buff skill, then quickly select the aura.

This would work really well if there was some way to limit auras, but auras refuse to be limited. I tried filters, state requirements, weapon requirements, not-in-town requirement, mana requirements and so on, but the aura will always keep on working. It would also work well if there was a way to make an ally give you an aura that would make you cast summons, but as far as I know, the aura summoning only works on the unit with the aura.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:08 am

As far as I can tell, the pets summoned by aura are exactly the same as normal, and definitely possess threat.

To make a summoning aura:
1) Choose a summoning skill that doesn't have unusual requirements. I used a spirit wolf aura. Iron golem aura doesn't seem to work at all, and necroskeleton aura sort of works but in an unexpected way.
2) Set 'aura' to 1 and 'perdelay' to the number of frames you want to elapse per summon.
3) Add a state under 'aurastate'. The skill will not summon pets unless there is an aurastate set.

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Yes. I know the trick :) but thanks for pointing it out.

The issue, here, is related to the SrvDoFunc the original poster used to make a multi-summoning spell. 144 is the SrvDoFunc of the hydra, and it removes any threat value from the pets, making them ignored by enemies that only have melee skills or melee attacks. Therefore, even using an aura for this won't work. Spirit Wolf uses SrvDoFunc 119, which is +\- the same as 56 and 49, and works.

Return to “Skill Clinic”