making Druid pet use skills?

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Kelingtrad
Philippines

making Druid pet use skills?

Post by Kelingtrad » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:19 am

i dont know if this is the correct place to post this but i am kinda having an idea that i want to add on my D2LOD but i dont exactly know how or what tools needed to do this because well, i am a newbie in D2 modding. anyway my idea is to add the druid summons some skills to use:

1 raven - aside from that blinding effect i want them to inflict random elemental damage per attack kinda like pala's vengeance that rotates from ice, fire lightning (hopefully can also add poison)

2. spirit wolf - make them use feral rage, and rabies

3. dire wolf - aside from the "fenris rage skill" i want them to also use rabies or feral rage (when in low hp)

4. bear - aside from bearsmite, i want them to also use Maul or hunger (which is i believe doable since, the bear have to attack anims, the bite and the "paw swipe" but i dont know how to do this)

5. make the 3 types of vines and/or spirits co exist

6 plague poppy (aka poison vine) emit poison gas (kinda like the rancid gas when thrown) when consuming corpses

7 make the spirits cast skills like randomly casting fist of the heavens or chain lightning or some other skill when a suitable target is in range

=== the reason i want to do this mods is because, i increased the monden to +2000/4000/6000 (Norm/Night/Hell) and it became ridiculously harder but fun (more monster to smash) but i dont want to overdo stuffs by increasing this summons HP and damage to gazillions so i thought adding skill for them to use will suffice. hope the pros will help me a fellow D2 fan in this. tell me if its impossible or doable or anything or steps. it will be greatly appreciated.

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: making Druid pet use skills?

Post by Ogodei » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:49 pm

The only minion related AI that uses a softcoded skill system is the ShadowMaster. The others aren't allowed to use more skills than the amount you see in Monstats.
You could change DruidWolf and DruidBear's AI to ShadowMaster, but without proper fixes the AI will always aim to your target , which in my opinion proves to be clunky in the long run, especially if everyone uses it.
However, I can help you with the spirit wolf and bear:

- in Monstats.txt
Change both their AIs to ShadowMaster
Change their AIP's column as follows
Aip1: 20
Aip1(N) : 20
Aip1(H): 20
Aip2: 20
Aip2(N):20
Aip2(H): 36
Aip8: the hcIdx of the skill used by the characters to summon the minion (although I never noticed any kind of effect on setting it... Blizz does it though, let's leave it as they did . . .)
while the rest of the Aip must be blank

a) Druid's spirit wolf settings

In your skills.txt:
- Clone both Feral Rage and Rabies
- In the cloned skill lines, remove the 'dru' from the CharClass column
- Assign those skill the value of 4 under the AIType column
- you can specify how the skill levels of your wolf grow up by changing the SumSkill# columns in your summoning skill

In your monstats.txt
- Find your spirit wolf pet
- Add Feral Rage and Rabies under Skill1 and 2, even replacing the pre-existing ones
- Be sure to set a proper Mode for each skill. A1 should do.

b) Druid's Dire Wolf
Pretty much the same as a) , but should you change the AI in order to make it use more skills, you will lose their ability to target corpses (yes, sadly the shadow master doesn't target any corpse).

c) Druid's Bear
In your skills.txt
- Clone Maul and Hunger, and repeat the same procedure you did for Spirit wolves skills
- you can edit how the skill levels grow up via the SumSkill# column in skills.txt

In monstats.txt
- Find the Grizzly's row
- Add the cloned skills in your bear's Skill# column with a proper mode (A1 and\or A2 should do)

Should you need further help, feel free to ask. In the mean time, you may want to take a look at this guide

EDIT: As for the tools, this ideas of yours requires txt editing and maybe string editing. You can find many sheet editors here , along with some programs made for strings (.tbl files) :)

Ap0calypse
Brazil

Re: making Druid pet use skills?

Post by Ap0calypse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:12 am

you can also use monprop to add triggered skills (ctc)

Return to “Skill Clinic”