How to change Charge-up skills of Assassin?

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Razi198

How to change Charge-up skills of Assassin?

Post by Razi198 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 am

Do you know any way to change Assassin's Charge-up skills to make them more playable?
They are not playable, because you need to do 3 clicks with the right mouse button, then 1 click with the left mouse button and you need to do this thousands times. Playing with these skills is very annoying. With other characters, you just need to hold the right mouse button.

Is it possible to change Charge-up skills of Assassin in the following ways?

1) Make them like Charge-up Druid skills, like: Feral Rage or Maul. The more you hit, the stronger the attack becomes. I.e:
1st charge-up hit - get 1st charge
2nd charge-up hit - get a 2nd charge and perform a 1-charge finishing attack without losing charges
3rd charge-up hit - get the 3rd charge and perform a 2-charge finishing attack without losing charges
4th charge-up hit - update the time of the 3rd charge and perform a 3-charge finishing attack without losing charges.
The next hits will be like the 4th charge-up hit. But if you do not hit enemies during 15 seconds, then the charges will disappear, as now in the game. Just like with Druid's Charge-up skills.
So you just need to hold the right mouse button, as with other warriors.

2) Or: Perform a full 3-charge finishing attack with one click. Like the Amazon chain lightning strike. Is it possible?

3) Or: Do not lose charges with finishing attacks. Thus, you will need to do a charge-up hit 3 times, then you can perform a 3-charge finishing attacks during 15 seconds. (Assassin's Charge-up skills last 15 seconds). This is better than clicking 3 right clicks and 1 left click a thousand times.

4) Or: if you have 3 charges, force to release 3-charged attack on next charge-up hit. (Release the 3-charge attack when the charge reaches a certain amount.) So, the 3-charge attack will be released on 4th right mouse click.

5) Or: receive 3 charges automatically in one second when Charge-up skill is active.

(Currently I only know how to perform 3 charges attack of Phoenix strike at once, by changing "prgstack" column to 1 in the Royal strike line in the Skills.txt. Changing "finishing" column to 1 in the charge-up skills has no effect.)

Can you tell if one of these methods can be done? Especially interested in the 1st and 3rd methods.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: How to change Charge-up skills of Assassin?

Post by Desocupado » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:35 am

1. Requires some heavy code editing
2. Simpler txt - clone that skill and change the missile it produces.
3. You'd need to use code edition to remove the charge removal.
4 and 5 requires code.

Razi198

Post by Razi198 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:30 am

Do you have more detailed idea how this can be done in the game?
For the 1st method, I think: need to make the game think that the charge-up hit is the finishing attack. And do not lose charges with finishing attacks. For example: Change flag of the charge-up hit to finishing attack.
for: 2) Need to create new skill in Skill.txt
for: 3) Do not lose charges with finishing attacks. Only code editing?
4) make the game think that the charge-up hit is the finishing attack, when you have 3 charges.
5) receive 3 charges automatically on some condition. Make it like an aura or on struck or on HP loss. Or create automagic in automagic.txt.
6) Or: receive 3 charges per 1 charge-up hit.
I want create third method that can: Do not lose charges with finishing attacks.
Is Skilldesc.txt file for description only or can it change some skill properties?
And why changing "finishing" column to 1 in the charge-up skills has no effect? I want to know if one of these methods can be done in the txt files, except second method.
Last edited by Razi198 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razi198

Post by Razi198 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:05 am

Desocupado wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:35 am
2. Simpler txt - clone that skill and change the missile it produces.
Don't know how to create skill in skills.txt that can produce 3 missiles with 1 hit. Can somebody help me and show example how it can be done? I created skill in skills.txt, but on the attack game crashes. I just need 2 examples of: Claws of Thunder and Royal Strike that can produce all their 3 missiles from charge-ups with 1 hit.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:08 pm

Frozen orb and meteor are composed of multiple missile.

The way it works is within missiles.txt
A missile can produce another missile(s) on several conditions depending on it's settings.

Return to “Skill Clinic”