[1.14b , exp] Skill functions

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

theoutlaw
Canada

[1.14b , exp] Skill functions

Post by theoutlaw » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:58 am

Hi all !
I was trying to do a frozen orb that shoots guided bolts by using guided arrow ( something looking like wyrmshot from median xl .. )
But i've read in the missile functions sticky thread that we can't just plug them on another skill and hope it works ..
Didn't find any ressource on skill functions and how to achieve this.
Can anyone give me a link to skill function ressource or tell me what are the functions to use to make frozen orb shoot targeting bolts ?

Thank you !

Wuldreg

Re: [1.14b , exp] Skill functions

Post by Wuldreg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:50 am

You can use the lightningfury missile hit function 25/20 to achieve an affect similar to guided arrow. You will have to create multiple missiles using this hit function, each one spawning another in sequence, and have AlwaysExplode set to 1. The problem with this is that it tends to come with desyncing issues if its' search radius is too large. I found the radius you could use this without significant desync was quite small, but I have been having desyncing issues in general so maybe you can get it working better than I.

It is far from comprehensive, and unfortunately I don't think it will help you, but the closest I have found to a skill function guide is here: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=63331

theoutlaw
Canada

Post by theoutlaw » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:09 pm

The problem is not about making a guided missile. But making the guided through another skill => Frozen Orb , which its DoFunc makes it cast other missiles along the way. The thing is that it overrides the missiles DoFunc and they are fired in a straight line ( their 7/7 to retarget is not performed ) ..
I Found a list for the missiles functions , but no list about skills functions that would allow my 'frozen orb' to stop shooting by an incremented radius but would let its missile guide themselves with their dofunc.. ( this would achieve an effect similar to wyrmshot in MXL => the bow flying dragons that shoots arrows directly to mobs .. )

Thank you for the link , i've already saw it but as you said, didn't help .. I tried using the 10/30 ( i thinkk thats it ) from guided arrow/bonespirit hoping it would make the frozen orb missile guided ..

theoutlaw
Canada

Post by theoutlaw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Ok i thin i got it ..
If i use the srvdofunc of lightningfury , which shoots its sumissile aimed , and replace the FO srvdofunc ( which shoots its submissiles in incremented radius ) .. then FO should shoot aiming submissiles .. that it ?

theoutlaw
Canada

Post by theoutlaw » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Ok here is what is needed to achieve an 'aiming FO'

Make the FO use lighningfury missiles as its main bolt. Make the LF bolt cast the desired bolt in the hit function and set the velocity to 0 and the s/c HitParam to the desired aiming range. This will make the LF appear for some ms and be hit by any monster in the range , thus making the bollt be cast in its direction. If the LF bolt does not have any graphic , this makes your FO looks life shooting aiming bolts.

theoutlaw
Canada

Post by theoutlaw » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:11 am

Ogodei wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:21 pm
Please avoid double , or in this case , multiple-posting . Edit your latest one instead :)
Sure Sorry for that. Will do next time.

I've read the missile function sticky guide , is there any equivalent for skills functions ?

Return to “Skill Clinic”