Can the Necromancer summon Shadow Warrior and Master?

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

old_newbie
Japan

Can the Necromancer summon Shadow Warrior and Master?

Post by old_newbie » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Fixed necromancers to summon Shadow Warriors and Masters using pettype.txt and skills.txt. (like summoning all Golems)
Necromancer successfully summoned the Shadow Warrior and Master.
However, if the summoned Shadow Master summons another Shadow Warrior (or Master), an error occurs.
Is there any way to fix this error?
Or is there another way for the Necromancer to summon the Shadow Master?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Can the Necromancer summon Shadow Warrior and Master?

Post by Cypress » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 pm

You cannot have following minions summoning following minions, following minions only work if they follow the player. If you want them to specifically not cast summoning skills, you will need to set either the "pettype" column to "shadowwarrior" or the "summon" column to "shadowwarrior" or "shadowmaster"; Shadow Warrior and Shadow Master are coded such that they will never cast a skill that satisfies one of these conditions so as to prevent this crash from occurring.

You could also make special summoning skills that the Shadows can use if you set the AI of the monster to something that doesn't follow its creator. So for example, you could make a creature with a Fallen One AI that is aligned to the player and your Shadows should be able to cast it without crashing.

old_newbie
Japan

Post by old_newbie » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 am

I've set it up according to your writing.
Nevertheless, the Shadow Master summoned by the Necromancer summons another Shadow.
This is not what I want.
I just want the Necromancer to summon the shadows.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:42 pm

Alright, turns out I was wrong. Shadow Warriors/Masters will not cast a given skill, but only if pettype is set to shadowwarrior. The summon column doesn't control whether or not they will cast a skill.

You can also prevent the Shadows from casting a skill by setting the Monanim of the skill you don't want them to cast to xx, or any other animation that they cannot successfully complete.

Magiczny
Poland

Post by Magiczny » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 pm

You can have even plenty of them all together, tho you have to make their skills properly.
:blizzspin: Join my group on facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/D2lodmodding/ :blizzspin:

Return to “Skill Clinic”