Ideas/requests

Information and updates for the Stormbringer mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author
yo-mamma

Re: Ideas/requests

Post by yo-mamma » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:26 pm

ive got an idea or something... how bout having spells that increase a certian aspect ALOT but then have it drain mana as a "timer" effect. So that the more mana the longer it would last. LIke speed boost or something. MAkes you run like pallys charge but it only lasts like 2 seconds and then you have no more mana

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:26 am

Hmmm yea that would work nicely, cept the 2 second bit :P Yea that sounds quite nifty.
I've been having a few ideas as of late, been pondering over them though....
Mana Regeneration: When your life is seriously low you cast this helpful spell which will heal say 40% of your health but will drain 60% of your mana.
Ice Jet: Kinda like arctic blast only it freezes enemies solid for a certain length of time but deals no damage. You may think "that sucks then.." but you're wrong, say you have a really strong spell that's hard to aim? When enemies are frozen they're sitting targets ;)
And more but I forgot them for now, get back to you :P
"Anything done out of love is beyond good and evil" Friedrich Nietzsche
StormBringer FanForum created by Fras (I'm involved)

Necroman2021
Banned
Knight

Post by Necroman2021 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:27 am

What if you made the necromance summon the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. And they should take a hell of alot of mana but if u manage to get them together they fuse into one big summon named Apocalypse or somethin like that. It just seemed like a good idea. If you decide to use this go to http://www.apocalipsis.org/fourhorsemen.htm

Necroman2021
Banned
Knight

Post by Necroman2021 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:40 pm

Or a Pally summon would be somethin'. You could call him Judgement. He would be covered in silver shining armor with great wings like Tyrael. and .......well I've never really thought this summon through. :blizzard:

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:26 pm

Nice ideas but could you please refrain from double posting. In the future please try to remember to merge posts if ya forget something and wanna add it later :)

As for the Four Horsemen, not sure I like it. Sounds too powerful/too difficult to do as I don't think you can merge summons :?: :roll:

Thanks for your contributions though :)

Necroman2021
Banned
Knight

Post by Necroman2021 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:48 am

Ok i see the Apocalypse thing was too much. But I personally think you should make at least a lvl. 150 cap because the skills are very nice so i think 99 lvls wont be enough. And another thing you might wanna do is increase the inventory sizes on the stash, cube and, well...the inventory.
Last edited by Necroman2021 on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:15 pm

Yup the clvl cap has been increased to 120 or something like that..Which I'm going to revise at some point and I HAVE been considering increasing the stash etc. as I'm doing things with unqiues and other such items so yea those ideas will almost definitely happen :)

Thanks for yer contributions guys!

Zacharias

Post by Zacharias » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:45 pm

Don’t panic, you need idea’s you will get them. Here are some of my idea’s you may use. The modification of the skilltrees might seem a good start, but it will take quite some time balancing the game for all character classes. The first thing you might change is adding more cubeformula’s and removing some items. Let’s have a look at my improved cube formula’s.

First of all we need MORE cube formula’s and books (like tomes of TP and ID)
The books will include cube formula’s of any kind. You can buy the books at the merchants shop (wizards). So when you are in act 1 you can buy the first book. In act 2 you can buy your 2nd book and so on till act 5. Each book will include basic formula’s. Further formula’s are added when you reach nightmare and hell. In order to cube you will need your book first. 5 additional slots will be required when you open your cube(books will be the size of TP tomes and ID tomes so you will need a 10 square inventory above the cube inventory. This inventory will ONLY be used for these books. When opening the books a roll menu will open above the created inventory for your books. Not all formula’s will be listed, so you will need to experiment a little with your formula’s shown in the book. Any new formula will be added to the list.

Level 1: Tome of common recipes
Level 2: Tome of random crafting recipes
Level 3: Tome of enhanced item recipes
Level 4: Tome of rune crafting recipes
Level 5: Tome of item crafting recipes

Level 1: Tome of common recipes (your char level does not have any influence on the created item)
As the word says, common recipes that are listed on the arreat summit site (most of them are). In other words: you are for 100% sure that you get what you want. Here are some examples. Also you won’t need to adjust anything in the game to have these items.
3 health potions + 3 mana potions = 1 rejuvenation potion
1 spear + 1 quiver of arrows = 1 javelin
3 runes = 1 higher rune
2 high runes + 1 flawless gem = 1higher rune
3 gems of the same type and grade = 1 gem of the next higher grade
…etc.

Level 2: Tome of random crafting (char level does have influence on the item level and item mod chance) see arreat summit -> crafting items fore more information
3 rings = 1 amulet
3 amulets = 1 ring
see arreat summit rune recipes
…etc.

Level 3: Enhanced item recipes (char level has no influence on the cubing result)
These recipes are used to get improved item mods, the item mod has a limit according to the item level. Here is an example: axe does 1-2 fire damage, damage can be improved to let’s say 4-8. This is of course not correct and it is only to give you a certain idea how the enhanced recipe works. This recipe is good to get a maximum out of your items because a lot of item mods are random and not fully perfect. This recipe works on any item, unless you can’t improve any further of course. You can reach a max defence for example of an item but that will be almost impossible cause you will have to use high level potions and other cube items and the item level of the item will cause for more higher cube recipes to be added in the cube to get that result.
…etc.

Level 4: Rune crafting recipes (char level has influence on end result, higher level = better chance of getting a higher rune than it normal would be.
Here you can get runes by cubing various items like potions, gems, extra runes and combining them to a higher rune. This will be (hopefully) an addition way of getting higher runes without any sacrifice of 3 runes. Maybe 1 rune is used in the formula for starting purposes.
…etc.

Level 5: Item crafting recipes (higher char level = more item mods for the item)
This will work just like making a crafted item (again see arreat summit for more details, item color is orange) only with the following exception: you can upgrade ANY item to exceptional and to elite version. It is also possible making socketed items of any type of item. The number of sockets can also be increased or decreased at will. You can make your own rare item with a maximum of 7 item mods.(see arreat summit for max allowable item mods). It is also possible to undo any item mods and increase item mods (to a max of 7). Or even to delete all the item mods and start all over again.
What is not possible: because we want to encourage itemfinding you won’t be able to create certain mods (like +1 to char skill mods) so keep the crafting formula’s tight so we won’t add any uber item crafting recipes. Again when crafting item mods make sure these mods are random and not perfect (you can make them perfect with the enhanced item recipes).

How will this system take full effect in the game:

Add 3 additional tomes (like TP and ID tomes)
The 3 tomes are the following ones: enhance item tome, rune crafting tome, item crafting tome
These tomes contain 20 scrolls each. Enhance item scroll(green border around scroll), item crafting scroll(orange border), rune crafting scroll(purple border).
Like ID scrolls you need to cast ID on a unindentified item this also works for all 3 scroll types. How this works: place item in cube (enhance item crafting) right click on enhance item tome and then left click on item, the item is now ready for being enhanced(item text will turn green). Add potions, gems, other things….etc. And click imbune item button and you’re finished.

Additional item suggestions for this mod are:
Gem bags: one of any type(req 2 inventory slots) can hold 20 gem types each
Potion chests: one of any type(req 4 inventory slots) can hold 20 potoins each
Magic scrolls: fire, ice, lightning,….maybe more
Magic books: like necromancer skulls, trophies,…
A rune word book: very usefull indeed

More will come later and the post will be updated from time to time.
Feel free to add your posts of additional formula idea’s and additional items. ;) :cool:

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:44 pm

Err I dunno what to say lol :P
I'm not panicing and I can't remember if I posted anything but I've got lots of cubing systems and other systems pretty much in place :P Thanks for the ideas though, I will look at them properly soon, got important exams coming up though, no time :P

Later, keep 'em coming ;)

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:32 am

Personally i would recomend at least 2 skills points per lvl. 131 skill points aren't really much when you have 30 skills..

What about charge up skills for melee sorceress?
Maybe elemental as build up skill (like druid's maul)... With some twist, i.e. it may grant a %fire damage per lvl but a -%physical damage or even AR.

Maybe some elemental buff. Shocking armor, just something different.
BTW your minions seems quite strong so it's better not bff them, right?

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Hmm yea good ideas. Not sure about two skill points per level though, I've always been in favour of keeping it at one. Sorry :(
Yea a melee charge up skill would work, will look into that :) Thanks

Keep them coooming please heh

Laters,
Gl0mb

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:09 pm

I would like to see alot off new items and even possivle a new kind of currency like use an image then give it like some amount and then if you transmute in the cub you get like 3x the gold for example

300(trashurcash)+cube=900 gold

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:15 pm

Hmm nice idea, not entirely sure if it can be done but then again I dunno if it can't. I would imagine it could, just lets hope no CE is required or anything ;) I'll ask someone bout it ok?

Keep the ideas coming guys,
Gl0mb

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:21 pm

No it was done in a mod that is formal but it was like Life savings with the gold Image in stead do a diffrent currency so make the item 300 yakamish
then if you put it in a cub you get 900 an easy formula.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Ok ok ok I just dunno how to do it ok?! xP

I'll have a look in a minute actually, I'm sure I could figure it out. Do you mean, when you transmute the curreny in the cube, your actual gold amount in inventory increases or what?

Gl0mb

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:32 pm

Yeah the gold in your inventory increacese

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:59 pm

I also got this idea of guns i know, iknow this might be a huge of topic weapon but here it goes of a list of em

PISTOLS

usp
glock
psb380
Night Seven
Deagle
Duelies

Shot Guns

shot guns
Auto Shot guns

Smgs

Mac 10
Tmp
P90

Rifles

Idk Deffender
Ak47
m4ak
Scount
Aug
Sig500
Sig Cammando550
Awp

Granades
and stuff

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Thank you all very kindly for the ideas, but I'm afraid I am NOT willing to put guns or grenades or anything modern like that into my mod. I feel it would spoil the feel of D2.

Thanks again and sorry again.
Gl0mb

Spartan-239

Post by Spartan-239 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:04 am

Yeah, i have the same feeling. But i must say, Fras, you didnt put the only pistol that can be used as an anti air-craft weapon in there. The mighty Desert Eagle! JEEZ!!! lol

laterz
92% of teens moved on to rap music.If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig

Once a life, there comes a time where you are put to the test of all tests. You will either pass the test and live, or fail and die. I am here to be the judge of that test.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:04 am

Heh he got most of the other guns in existence :P Sorry to put all that wonderful idea effort to waste but as I said before, I'm not going to have guns :( Sooorrrryyyyyy

Hope ya still love me ;)
Gl0mb

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:30 pm

i hate to shoot down yoursaying"hey dosnet have the desert egale i do that what happens when you have Desert+Eagle=Deagle. i guess you think that when you play counter strike oh-well.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:34 pm

Lol calm down. No fighting in my forum ladies.
It's an easy thing to overlook :)

Keep ideas coming guys, I like how things are coming along. :)

Gl0mb

Return to “Stormbringer”