Odin’s Runeword Mod

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Odin’s Runeword Mod

Post by mishy23 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:18 pm

I won't have much time to play the next few days, as I have my hands full modding, I am redesigning skills and its turning out to be alot of work.
Each class will have a few skills redesigned, and every skilltab will have an extra new skill on them, also balancing skill damage as synergies are out. I think you'll like what changes this will bring.

-Mishy23

EDIT: Spells reworked, deleting info thats no longer relevant
Last edited by mishy23 on Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:22 pm

Sounds great....i seen the pictures of flaming orb and the others, great idea. I wish i could make a mod this well :( . Hopefully the new skills work out and the balancing since there arent synergies. Keep us up-to-date on things.

P.S. looking forward to playing TCP/IP with u and the others.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:35 pm

*Info out of date, deleted*
Last edited by mishy23 on Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:00 am

Otto those new skills are sounding pretty nice so far. I hope you've gotten that ear infection taken care of. I'll probably be able to play sometime Sunday and most likely all of the following week. In the mean time I'll try to e-mail you a list of uniques for DWM.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:11 am

Well some of the skills are giving me fits by not working correctly ;(
So some ideas scrapped, almost have all the sorc ice spells done,
here's some tidbits:
icebolt freezes target
iceblast is now homing
still working on getting ice familar to work
had to scrap ice wall, it just wouldn't work
absolute zero is buggy, have to find another way to do this spell
all spell damage rebalanced
frost nova is a wicked spell now ;)

Well talk to you all later
-Mishy

EDIT: Grab PlugY version 4, you wont be disappointed and its working 100% with this mod

Edit2: Found that pesky bug that is preventing upgrade of crafting runes.
I lowered the amount needed to upgrade from 5 to only 3, but forgot to lower the number of inputs the cube was expecting.
You shouldbe able to bypass this bug by putting 5 objects in the cube, 3 crafting runes + 2 of anything else to get next level crafting rune.
Bug will be fixed next version.
Last edited by mishy23 on Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

draconicman

Post by draconicman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:16 pm

the patcher program isnt working. it says it cant find d2common.dll even though it is in the same directory. on my comp d2 is in the directory C:\Program Files\Diablo II; i am running windows 98 if that makes any difference.

and another thing: once I copy the patcher program to somewhere else I cant delete it.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:36 pm

The patcher was written by Xeno, if you read this you have any ideas Xeno?

I'm clueless how the patcher works, but was the patcher in the diablo2 folder when you ran it? I think it has to be, otherwise did you modify your d2common file before it might not recognize it?

If that nonsense doesnt help, send me an email myrddhin23@yahoo.com and I can email you the modded d2common.dll file, its 709k in size, then just back-up your current dll, and put the modified one in your d2 folder.
-mishy23

draconicman

Post by draconicman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:58 pm

the patcher is indeed in the same folder as Diablo II and everything else that it uses.

xeno

Post by xeno » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:38 am

I have no clues about this. The first suspencion was that the program doesn't work with non-DOS names, because it was written using standard 16-bit assembler compiler. I've created a folder "C\Program Files\Diablo II" and placed d2common.dll into it, then executed the patcher. And it worked! The second suspencion was that you're running NT system and don't have the admin rights. But you've mentioned the contrary.
Now about your problem. The program can't be deleted, so it's running or windows considers it to be running. BTW, when you restart you computer, this problem is solved, isn't it? I'm working with Windows XP, so now I'm going to install Win98 and to see what's up.
Thanks for the feedback. Stay online...
Ausculta et perpende. (Be swift to hear, slow to speak)

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:45 am

Hey Otto, the other recipes (upgrading and such) aren't working for me either... Could use some help with em.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:08 am

Thanks for looking into it Xeno! :)

And Godshead, its the same problem with upgrading crafting runes, I lowered requirements but forgot to reduce the number of items the cube recipe is looking for, through in ONE extra dummy item and upgrading recipe should work, let me know. Thanks for warning me so it'll be fixed next version.

Quick update: almost done sorc skills, I really have tried to make the new skills be of high quality, so no bugs come through, only damage balane issues.

Here are new spells that are actually fully in game now for sorc:
Absolute Zero: I really like this spell, think of arctic blast that releases, shoots across the screen, and bounces off monsters to hit more monsters ala chainlightning, but causing chill too.
Ice Familar: A summon for the sorc :) Lets just say this flying creature fights for you, and at higher levels just might spawn with an aura, could it be holy freeze? Cold Mastery increases HPs, nuff said
Ice bolt: Freezes target, not just chill
Ice Blast: doesn't freeze anymore, but it is a homing missile! :)
Shiver armour: Level1 now, and does some decent damage, this isn't just a one point def boost anymore
Frost nova: Just might be a main killing spelll, might have to nerf this baby

Now i'm working on fire spells,
here's a hint at whats in store:
Enchant is self only...wHY??? cause its too god to allow others to use, something more than an increase in fire dmg?
Blaze: Adds fire damage to your attack while you leave fire tracks, built in mini-enchant.
Firestorm: stolen druidic powers!
Warmth: so warm, it grants passives to hp recovery and stamina recovery too!

Well thats it for now.
-Mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:12 am

What sucks about the upgrading recipe is that there isn't enough room in the cube for +1 trash item :(. I've got a bigass bow in there with the runes. Oh well. Your skill changes sound really good BTW. I've always wanted frost nova to be an essential skill because its so fun to use, but the damage/synergistic damage bonuses have just been too weak to make use.

xeno

Post by xeno » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:28 pm

Hey, draconicman! Could you please describe your problem with more details? Does it fails only in d2 directory or in all others too? Try the following: create directory "C:\temp" and copy d2common.dll and patcher.exe into this folder. Then try executing it.
Looking forward for getting the feedback.
Ausculta et perpende. (Be swift to hear, slow to speak)

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:23 pm

Quick question here Otto... The newest patch isn't going to affect items right? Like will I have to clean out my shared stash so I can play it?

EDIT: Mephisto's poison orb is ENTIRELY too strong. It kills my ama in one hit every time.
Last edited by godheadslament on Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:31 pm

Saved items in a shared stash will all be useable still, unless something happens that I do not forsee.
Characters will have to be started over though.because of new skills, characters wont be loadable next version, so transfer everything to shared stash before upgrading to next patch (though this will be atleast a few weeks if not more)

Hmm, check mephisto's poison orb and it is only cast at level 1, I will have to lower the damage this spell does. I was planning to relook at them all, but how much is this spell doing? Maybe I set the poison damage wrong.

Thanks for the bugs, always helps the mud get better.
I am having problems with blaze and enchant though so might not be able to change them the way I want.

-Mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:02 am

The poison damage is around like 80 from each hit and the dmg per second has to be around the same because it's draining me of 250+ life in one hit. I did manage to beat him though, I died around 4 times, thank god I decided not to make my Ama hardcore! lol BTW, TCP/IP planned for tomorrow.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:46 am

Hmm tommorrow night? MOnday night footBall is on, GREEN BAY! I cant miss this, but maybe afterwards, make sure to share your bins with whoever plays with you since you have a slightly updated version of mod, with the few bug fixes.

Finishing touches done to sorcs, little tweaks to spell graphics just to be fresh and unique. Chainlightning looks like diablos lightning now, and lots of other little things like that.
I can maybe look at capturing some screenshots.
-Mishy23

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:16 am

God - i dont have to work monday so im free to play. About what time are u planning on playing? I'll need your bins though.

Mishy - You are doing amazing work. Skills sound awesome....can't wait to see them :P. Hope to play the mod with you guys soon.

Anyone use aol instant messenger?
Last edited by icefrosty99 on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:39 am

I use AIM, just click the little AIM icon underneath my posts. As for the TCP/IP it will run around tomorrow anywhere between 5pm-Whenever we choose to stop (all times are Eastern). ATTENTION TO THOSE INTERESTED! - E-mail me to get the correct .bin files. xsevendustx@hotmail.com

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:28 pm

God, i emailed you about getting your bins and ip. Hopefully i can get my college work done in time to play. Are you guys starting new chars cause im gonna have too. :-|

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:31 pm

Yeah I'm going to make a new character. Probably a P/B necro...

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:04 pm

I think im gonna make a hammerdin or ww barb. I still need your bin files :-|. My email is hockey_skillz99@hotmail.com.
Last edited by icefrosty99 on Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:12 pm

The bins are attached to that e-mail I sent you. They're in .zip format. I have lots of gear if you need any.

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:13 pm

It must be taking a while for the email to get to me.... :-| . Hopefully it will come soon. I might need some gear.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:43 am

TCP/IP BEGINS NOW

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”