Odin’s Runeword Mod

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:15 am

Mishy, first off I have to tell you I love the mod. Now here comes the bad stuff...

Bugs- Sometimes when frozen the colors of all the items and such will disappear for a short time. They return eventually, but it's annoying none-the-less.
Requested Changes- Not sure if you've already planned this for the next version, but PLEASE (emphasis on please) remove the rot walkers or whatever they are from A1, and the death maulers. They're extremely (read impossible) hard to hit. Also, could you perhaps make items sell for a little more than 1k gold a piece? Doesn't have to be TOO much more, but it would be a welcome change. :)

Other than that I love the mod so far, I've been spending all my time trying to find all of the Powerwords lol.

----------Runeword Idea--------------
Godhead's Lament (Melee)
+7 Sacrifice (oskill)
8-10% Mana leech
50% Damage to undead
X Amount of magic damage (the amount is up to you)
X% Chance to cast Fist of Heavens (again, up to you)

I tried to balance the sacrifice on this item with mana leech. Although the player would lose life using the skill, the temptation of high mana leech is hard enough for anyone to pass by.

----------Runeword Idea---------------
Autumn's Chill (Armor)
Freezes Target
+15% Cold Resist
-15% Fire Resist
+5 Blizzard (oskill)
+5 Chilling Armor (oskill)
+1 Cold Skills (All chars)

For this item I tried giving the melee characters something to gawk at as well as element users. Also, I was wondering if the oskill to bliz and chilling armor would stack on to a sorc's skills. IE, she has level 1 blizzard, if she wore the armor would she get level 6 bliz, or just a secondary bliz that's level 5? If that's the case then I'll have to reinvent this one.

The Apostle's Triumph (Necroheads)
+X% To summon's life (all up to you)
+3 To raise skeleton
+2 To raise skeletal mage
+1 To skeleton mastery
+2 To poison dagger

'Nuff said.
Last edited by godheadslament on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Odin’s Runeword Mod

Post by mishy23 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:56 am

Hi Godheadslament :) love the name, and thanks for the suggestions, can you be more detailed about the loss of color, i havent seen this bug, and i dont like the sound of it, you mean when a monster freezes you with cold damage your items lose color in the inventory or on the game screen, and how long before they return hmm. I hope its just a glitch, that I already fixed by changing some typos I found.

You'll be happy to hear that all monsters have been fixed, meaning no monsters impossible to hit, all should be within hitting ranges if you have an okay AR, even in the beginning few levels.
Matter of fact I think the game is 400% more playable in my new soon to be released version, I found out too late some monster levels were not set correctly on the release your playing.

The runeword idea is good, next patch you can search for you're new power runeword.

About the gold cap of 1000k, Its there for a reason, I emphasize finding gold from monsterrs over selling items, and with all the runewords item cost sky rocketted to high.
I havent had gold problems yet, even gambled alot with my 3 test characters. If I riase it, it will be in nightmare and hell.

Well i'm working as fast as I can to get next version out, almost wish I waited to release, as there is so much better balance in the new version.

-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:05 am

When a monster freezes you, your colors drain on the in game portion. There is no set time for how long this occurs, I've had it range from a few seconds to around a minute. Also, I edited my previous post with more runewords, check them out. ;)

Harvest (Glove)
5% Life leech
Slain monster rests in peace
+3 Oak sage (oskill)
+5 To Raven (oskill)

When harvesting your grains it's hard to keep those infernal crows away from your crops! I tried to keep this one simple, feel free to edit it in any way.

Also, out of curiosity, is ORM compatible with PlugY? With all the runes I've been finding I've quickly run out of room!
Last edited by godheadslament on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:51 am

I've been told that Plugy does work with this mod, and thats good news.
Feel free to use it, I love the idea of infinite stash space,
I do ask players not to use anything that increases inventory space or charms get to powerful, especially with +skills that this mod includes on them.

Love the rune ideas, I will probably use most, possible modded a bit to fit the runes they are used with.

-Mishy23

EDIT: Oskills do stack on a players normal skills, but only up to a +3 bonus. So if you add +5 blizzard all chars get +5 except sorc who gets +3 to blizzard, its a nice balance in some respects.
Last edited by mishy23 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:01 am

Excellent!

Edit: Also out of curiosity, will I be mentioned in the credits? Not to sound superficial or greedy or whatever the correct term would be. I just want to see my name in lights... *sigh* lol /end being gay
Last edited by godheadslament on Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zuzie

Post by Zuzie » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:39 am

[quote=mishy23";p="188398"]
Haven't heard much feedback from any players, hope it isn't that boring,
-mishy23[/quote]

Nope, most people are probably too busy playing to give feedback :)

[quote=mishy23";p="188108"]
Hmm, the chance of getting #8 rune of of that are very very slim, and you found 2? thats amazing, you shold play the lottery, I believe the chance is about 1 in 2000 to find #8 through this way. [/quote]

I suppose I ought to start playing then. Or my barbarian should; I've now started one of every character, and he's the only one that's found any.

[quote=mishy23";p="188108"]
Also, the amulets should have mf automods, but I believe they dont kick in until level 10, not sure why i decided that, i'll look into it and maybe have the automods work on all levels, I did for rings, i'm not sure why i didn't for amulets.[/quote]

I finally found one with MF on it; took me quite awhile though. Having them work on all levels would be rather nice, though not absolutely necessary :)

[quote=mishy23";p="189315"]
About the gold cap of 1000k, Its there for a reason, I emphasize finding gold from monsterrs over selling items, and with all the runewords item cost sky rocketted to high.
I havent had gold problems yet, even gambled alot with my 3 test characters. If I riase it, it will be in nightmare and hell.[/quote]

I see no reason to raise it myself; money isn't really an issue since you only really use it to repair items.

There is a rather odd thing happening with runes prices though; all mystery runes sell for full price (1000; this makes sense though), but all random runes sell for 500. At that point, you can already tell what rune it is going to become, and if you knew you weren't going to use that rune, you could often sell it for a rather large profit. Again, money doesn't mean enough in this mod for it to be a big thing, but I found it rather odd just the same.

Now, for the suggestions :twisted:
How about having runewords in arrows and bolts? They could be great fun, though it might be rather difficult to keep them from overpowering amazons.
Secondly, how about being able to use jewels in runewords? I end up simply selling them because it's not worth losing the runeword for whatever mod happens to be on the jewel. Again, though, this could lead to overpowering of the assasins because of the plus to skill modifiers on them, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Whatever you end up deciding on that, I love the mod. I have to use plugy simply to store all the different items I'm planning on trying runewords with! It's become quite addicting, and I can't wait until the next release. :D

Edit: Just noticed something odd; I just stuck a runeword into my new sorceress's orb(Youth) and she lost the "plus one to fire bolt" that was already on it. It still says that it's there, but she can't select fire bolt, and it says that there are no points in that skill on her skill tree. Unfortunately for me, I have no points in anything but warmth yet, so she's going to have to actually go out there and hit things to kill them. A bit annoying for a character with no defense or even real attack power :-|

Edit 2: I've just downloaded the new(er) version (1.03), so if any of the things I mentioned in this post have already been dealt with, I apologize. I was having problems with fileplanet the day it came out, then I completely forgot about it. Removing the quill rats was definetly a good idea by the way :)
Last edited by Zuzie on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:36 pm

1) In next patch, all amulets will have MF on them even at 1st level

2) The single runes selling for low, is cause for testing purposes I have them being sold at a cheap price so I can buy them and test them, thanks for pointing this outm i'll fix before final release at the latest.

And I will raise selling price maximums in NM and Hell to about 3k and 5k, but thats it, gold drops are iincreased to make up for this.

3) Hmm I think that RWs in arrows would make amazons to powerful, though on another subject, I did have magic arrow and bolts drop once but took them out, I might put them back in so you could get some arrows with minor bonuses on them, but only from drops so they'd be rare.

4)I wanted to be able to add jewels to runewords, but that make me use 3 sockets, and have to add a new entry in runes.txt for every runeword I make which would get to be an insane amount.

I could make runewords for rune1+jewel, rune2+jewel..that would make only 32 new runewords, and might make ppl happy.
Jewels are rather useless at the moment, though they are used in some cube recipes, and they are menat mostly for assassins if they want to not make runewords and instead get massive skill bonuses if they collect the right jewels.

My plan was to use plugy for this mod, its such a great plugin! Thanks Yohann! I didnt include it with the mod downlaod to save on space, everyone should definately look into downlaoding that plugin. Atleast for the infinite stash.

EDIT: Hmm, yeah there is a bug with the starter skill points, when adding a runeword to the item it is lost, i cant see a way to stop this :(
I'm thinking of a work around for this, atleast you should be able to level quite quickly to get some more skill points fast. I might have to take out starter skills from beginning characters, too many bugs left in by blizzard with them

EDIT2: took out quotes as it seems i'm to moronic to use them right,
oh and godsheadlament, for sure all play testers that give feedback and all ppl that submit runeword ideas that I use will get mention in my special thanks section, not sure if there are lights blinking and all that but... ;)

Thanks for the feedback, talk to you later.
-Mishy23
Last edited by mishy23 on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:08 pm

I may be mistaken, but aren't the staffmods rerolled once you put in a runeword?

Also, mishy take your time with this patch buddy, we don't want anything sloppy or inferior coming from you. Keep up that wonderful work we know you do.

Zuzie

Post by Zuzie » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:03 pm

Secondly, how about being able to use jewels in runewords? I end up simply selling them because it's not worth losing the runeword for whatever mod happens to be on the jewel. Again, though, this could lead to overpowering of the assasins because of the plus to skill modifiers on them, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I wanted to be able to add jewels to runewords, but that make me use 3 sockets, and have to add a new entry in runes.txt for every runeword I make which would get to be an insane amount.

I could make runewords for rune1+jewel, rune2+jewel..that would make only 32 new runewords, and might make ppl happy.
Jewels are rather useless at the moment, though they are used in some cube recipes, and they are menat mostly for assassins if they want to not make runewords and instead get massive skill bonuses if they collect the right jewels.
[/quote]

Yes, I've used some of the jewels for my assassin, and they can be quite handy there, but none of the other characters can really do much with them besides sell them, which is pretty annoying when they have decent bonuses on them. It's just not worth the space. We don't want to overwork you, but having 32 new runewords with jewels would be rather nice. :D It's up to you though.

Edit: Just noticed something odd; I just stuck a runeword into my new sorceress's orb(Youth) and she lost the "plus one to fire bolt" that was already on it. It still says that it's there, but she can't select fire bolt, and it says that there are no points in that skill on her skill tree. Unfortunately for me, I have no points in anything but warmth yet, so she's going to have to actually go out there and hit things to kill them. A bit annoying for a character with no defense or even real attack power :-|

Hmm, yeah there is a bug with the starter skill points, when adding a runeword to the item it is lost, i cant see a way to stop this :(
I'm thinking of a work around for this, atleast you should be able to level quite quickly to get some more skill points fast. [/quote]

Yeah, luckily it didn't take me too many hits to level up again, but it certainly confused me for a bit.

Cool, watch out for some monsters taht are too powerful,
I wish I could release next version now, so many new improvements and bug fixes, but i'm working on it, been working around the clock to get this done ;) [/quote]
I keep my eye out for them. Don't release it too soon, we'd all prefer that you took your time with this, I'm sure. And don't work too hard either! No one wants you to get sick of this whole thing within a month :)

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:52 am

So mishy, with everything said and done, what can we expect from the upcoming patch?

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:09 pm

Hmm, this is what I can think of off the top of my head (at work right now, so dont got my files right in front of me).

1)Monsters were completely rebalanced. There levels are correct for where they appear now, there treasure classes are redone so that all drops should be balanced for where they occur.

2)I plan to have an additional 192 runewords done (runes#12 and 13, actually only 40 left to do), and Xeno is helping me with runewords, and hopefully he'll let me know when he gets some done, I'm expecting about 100 from him also.

3)Runewords were rebalanced for their levels, most were made more powerful. Some were nerfed slightly. Now runewords do not have variable stats anymore, all always spawn with same stats. I made to many variables at first causing some weak-ass runewords when players were unlucky.

4)New properties, as most of you have seen have created about 20 new properties for items, and still working on a few more.

5)Tinkered with drops overall, so now rune drops are where I want them to be pretty much.

6)A bunch of minor bug fixes (reported from beta testers), and spelling corrections.

I'm sure there are lots of little other things also.
Oh yeah one minor thing that helps how runewords look, did you notice on the picture in my gallery for new properties how next to the runeword it is listed in blue as [4-2] for example.
Thats the rune combination showing up, so you can see easily what runes were used, that was added at the request of a beta tester.

Of course always open to more suggestions!
-Mishy23

EDIT: I need some quick feedback, has anyone seen katanas drop yet? I want to make sure they are in the game. Hmm normal version of katana is a ninjato I believe. I have seen cloaks and robes drop without a problem, these are not equipable on mercs though.
Last edited by mishy23 on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:31 am

I've found a ninjato in Act 2 I believe. It was in the viper temple.

Edit: Fixed a typographical error

EDIT2(Important): When using Alg rune in anything, a runeword never occurs. Alg must be bugged. I've used it in many combinations on many items. When using Alg it just adds the abilities of the two runes.
Last edited by godheadslament on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:38 pm

Is Alg rune #12?
Don't got my files in front of me. If so its because I only have all the runewords made for runes#1-10 in the version you got.

Next release hopefully will have all runes from #1-13,
trying to add more ruenwords everyday, its just alot of work.

Just adding all the runewords for rune#11 is 84 more runewords :P
Once all the balance and fixes are completed, I'll be able to concentrate completely on runewords.

If you're bored I'm always willing to take more runeword ideas, I get burnt out fast after coming up with so many, and still trying to keep them unique. Just email me them, myrddhin23@yahoo.com either in the text format they need to be entered, or just in freeform and i'll do the text editting part.
Of course I will have to change some things for balance purposes.

Work is coming along good for the next patch, I just wish I had some more time, but unable to quit my job ntil after I win the lottery ;)
-Mishy

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound grumpy btw, I actually really like creating runewords, and I do appreciate everyones ideas i've recieved here on the forums and via email!
Thanks Warwolf, Xeno and Godheadslament!

EDIT2: Cube recipe to enter cow level has been changed, should make it more interesting as a 'secret level', it still involves the leg, just you gotta do something besides throw it in the cube with a tpbook now.
And of course that means the 'secret level' has been secretly changed, don't expect to see cows there...what was that? you want the diablo clone in this mod? Hmm, i'll think about it....why not baal clone and meph clone and duriel clone too...
Last edited by mishy23 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:05 am

Wow! Sounds great! I can't wait to get pwned by those clones lol. Maybe you could throw in an annihilus? lol. Anyway, if I get in a creative mood I'll e-mail you a sh1tload of runewords.

ShadowLord
Paladin

Post by ShadowLord » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:35 pm

Short note from me... currently playtesting and especially checking the balance... Brought a few chars to level 20.

-Might already have been said earlier, but just in case it wasn't noticed:
It seems that runes 3 and 2 (should be Thor and Mal) don't make a runeword, at least in shields and helms...

-It seemed to me that spellcasters are a bit weaker than the other classes, or maybe weapons are more powerful than spells? My sorc primarily hits the monsters with her orb and uses lightning for adjacent enemies. Her melee damage is about as high as her spell's power, but in melee there are also additional effects (hit blinds target, cold damage...)

-Overall balance seems good. Seldom getting too easy, sometimes it's almost hard... well done. Since everyone can use runes, and since runes are both common and powerful, everyone can get some useful gear in no time. Optimizing your equipment can take lots of time, though.

-Rune drop rate seems good to me. You get the amount of runes you need without having a stash full of 'em. Seeking for a certain Rune takes some time...

-Multiplayer is fun. Played with a few friends, traded runes by just chatting and dropping 'cause walking to town each time you want to trade runes would take too long.
There is no hope. There is no salvation. This is Hell's Revenge.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:55 pm

Great feedback Shadowlord!
I was wondering about multiplayer, good to see its playable.
My work week from hell ends today, so the next two days I will be doing alot of work on the mod, i'm hoping next release will be done by next friday. I would say to hold off play testing until next release, too many things have been fixed/changed.
But keep on playing for fun if you wish.

You are right, spellcasters are definately weaker in this mod, but some of that is by design, if it gets to the point that is unplayable, let me know.
In some ways sorcs should start weaker, and at the higher levels when they can spam the higher level spells the power balance will start to shift.
There are so many ways to get bonuses to skills to, I can't see why a player can't get their skills to level 50+ later in the game.
Well back to work for me, a runeword makers job never ends.

Bad news alert: Changes in items are going to cause problems with the next release, I had to change save bits for properties and this will cause characters to be unable to be loaded.
There is a small work around, if you get rid of all items before upgrading to the next patch, your characters should still be playable.
You will want to find all new items anyway, everything has been tinkered with, mostly upgraded.
Power runewords rune combinations won't change so definately keep these written down or in memory.
Everyone have a good friday!
-Mishy23

EDIT:
Feedback needed, I have yet to balance most spells, and as most ppl notice spellcaters are slightly weak in this mod, I will be attempting to balance this out, maybe not the next patch, but defiantely before beta is over.
Now here is my idea:
I was thinking of removing all synergies, but if I did this, I would be modding skills/spells to be useful still, and skills that lost synergies would be more powerful to make up for this.
The more I think about it, the less I like synergies,
but I would like to this what my beta testers think, so post your opinions of synergies over all.
It would give you more skill points to use if you weren't forced to invest them in synergies.
Plus there are tons of runewords that add +elemental damage to spells in the game, and lots of piercing reistances to to make up for any lose of damage.
-Mishy23
Last edited by mishy23 on Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:25 pm

Personally, I like synergies. But if you could balance the skills out enough it would be nice. Perhaps give the abilities from the synergies to the skills without actually using synergies. Also, maybe before the final version is out we, (as in the beta testers and yourself), could devise new skills.

I've made the mistake of not writing down the powerwords I've discovered. BUT, luckily I still have the items containing the words. Perhaps I should write them down, but then again, I'm lazy as hell.

--------Runeword Idea---------
Loki's Mishcief (Helm)
+1 to Confuse (oskill)
Hit Blinds Target
50% Extra Gold
+10 to Dex

As most of us know, Loki was the norse god of mischief. I put abilities on here that I affiliate with mischief. I added the gold find because Loki would often take things from his victims.

Edit: I've tested and Thor+Mal DOES work in helms and shields. It creates Serenity in both.
Last edited by godheadslament on Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:05 pm

Its funny, because I have a runeword already called 'Loki's Mischief', but I can use the idea, I think its near to what I actually have except the confusion is in hit-skill form.

And there was a bug in version v1.02 that MalThor didn't work, it should be fixed in v1.03.

If I took synergies out I would definately include the abilities they used to grant in the skill itself,
Examples, Charged Bolt Sentry, I would make it gain extra bolts and extra shots as it went up in level still.

The other possible idea i'm tossing around is,
Take the fire sorc tree, instead of some spells adding to certain other spells, have each spell have a synergy with fire mastery, so each fire skill, would maybe increase fire mastery +2% or something.
But then not sure what I would do with all the other skilltrees.

I probably won't be redoing skills completely, but I definately want more skills in the game, I will make them item only though.
Also I might add some unique charms to the game, they would be the only unique items in the game, and would be a max of 1 per person, these would probably grant +oskill to these new spells also.
-Mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:09 pm

Haha, that's crazy that you already had a runeword for Loki's Mischief. I like your ideas mishy, keep it up. I wish I knew how to mod, I've got creativity, but lack ability. I'm much too lazy to learn how. lol

Edit: Fixed a typo
Edit2: Any possibility of a website for ORM?
Last edited by godheadslament on Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:31 pm

I would love a website, but my previous try was a disaster, i'm not much of a web designer,
If anyone is bored and wants to help me set-up one let me know.
I'm so busy modding, I'm afraid if i tried to make a website, I wouldnt have time to mod anymore,
For now this one thread is good, but soon i'm going to need to get my own forum.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:33 pm

We could always set up a basic forum at some random site, but the problem with that is maintaining and keeping it populated. As for a website I wish I had HTML skillz but alas, I'm pretty much worthless lol.

PhrozenZallambo

Post by PhrozenZallambo » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:28 am

I've got some web space at cox, it's what i use for the ZEW site. If you'd like :?: , you could just make a Word page and email it to me (justinpombrioATcox.net), and I could stick it up. You could send updates as well; just don't expect an instintanious update.
"God didn't create man, man created God."

E^pi*i+1=0

I've proved the Riemann hypothesis! I'll release it as soon as I fulfill my life quest: I just need to see one of those flying penguins!

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:05 pm

A page with discovered runewords would be nice. ;)

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:36 am

Thanks Phrozen Zallambro, I might be taking you up on this, let me see what I can get together. And i'm not unpatient, so i dont expect instaneous updates.
I appreciate the offer, i'll give you an email when I can get something together. Nice update on your mod too btw, I like your ideas, and i'd add more ideas and offer help, but i'm quite busy with this project.

Okay I got alot of time today to mod, but most of it has been hunting down some bugs.
I tried to make items automatically be identified, but it was causing items not to drop so changed that back.
Mostly i'm playing my test char, and balancing things as I run into them, and of course I have alot more runewords to add.

My javazon is really kicking some butt, I found a power runeword early on (stuff surprises me still as I cant keep track of what runewords are which, and have to get lucky just like the rest of you:))

Den of evil now spawns with cantors and zealots, quite interesting.
Well i'll get back to modding, talk to you later,
-Mishy23

PhrozenZallambo

Post by PhrozenZallambo » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:56 am

Nice update on your mod too btw, I like your ideas, and i'd add more ideas and offer help, but i'm quite busy with this project.
Thank you. And no- you just keep working on your own mod. I personally don't like the idea of all items being runewords. However, it is good idea; and very original. Keep up your good work on all those runewords :D .

By the way- to all those people who aren't Mishy (who clearly already knows this himself. And people say math is of no use!) the number of "runewords" Mishy will have to do =n(n+1)/2 where n= the total rune # he goes up to. For example, there are 10(11)/2=55 combinations of the first 10 runes. And 210 for up to 20, 465 for up to 30, and 820 for up to 40. As you can see, it gets harder as he goes on. (To figure out the total number of actual runewords, just multiply by 4)

So when he has done all of the rune combinations of up to 20 runes, he won't be 1/2 way done- only about 1/4 of the way done. He will be 1/2 way done with rune 28. So if Mishy has a psychological breakdown, we know why :P .

Edit: I fixed 3 typos. I'm adding this so that anyone who realizes that I have edited ALL of my posts (darn typos) doesn't think I'm warped and editing their content or something like that. I mean, who edits ALL of their posts (besides me)?

Edit: This is for the 2nd edit (whoever decided to spell psychological like that was sadistic).
Last edited by PhrozenZallambo on Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"God didn't create man, man created God."

E^pi*i+1=0

I've proved the Riemann hypothesis! I'll release it as soon as I fulfill my life quest: I just need to see one of those flying penguins!

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”