Runeword updates

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Runeword updates

Post by mishy23 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm

This thread is only for talk about runewords.

Feel free to post any information about balance issues, bugs, or just ideas.
Of course feel free to submit some runewords, i'll take all submission into consideration and usually do implement them in the game with a few changes/balances.

Runeword UPDATE:
Currently adding runewords has been stalled as I work on all the new skills.
But no worries, they are and always will be the back bone to this mod, and I do dream of a day where all 4000+ will be done.
Currently there are over 500 runewords in the game (all runes up to #13)
and as you noticed if you played each rune combination has 4 runewords,
1 generic weapon word, 1 generic armor word, and 1 power weapon word and 1 armor power word.

The generics work in all itemtypes, while the powerwords work only in one item type and usually are stronger and have more special powers (oskills, etc...)

Current runewords will be slightly changed on next patch as the skills themselves are changing so any runewords that had +skills or oskills will possibly be changed to reflect the new skill system.
Of course some of the old skills taken out will probably still appear in the form of oskills :)

I will post any further runeword news when I have some, for now happy runeword hunting!
Oh, and I definately suggest downloading Yohann's newest version of PlugY, its the greatest plug-in ever created for D2, infinite stash, and displays stat info that the character screen doesn't. And from all reports is 100% compatible with this mod.

While this mod is single player and therefore ppl are free to edit their characters anyway they wish, to play the mod the way it was intended I would ask not to activate through PlugY, the ability to get extra skills and stats, of course its your call, but it will greatly reduce the challenge of the mod.

-Mishy23

EDIT:
Forgot to mention: I am definately looking for help creating runewords, so if you are looking for a chance to create items, feel free to contact me.
I am interested in a full-time runeword developer (no modding exp needed), but at the same time am happy when people submit 1 or 2 cool runeword ideas.
Warning though I am very picky, and any and all runeword developing will be balanced out or changed by me to fit in the game where needed. Usually all submissions wind up in-game, I can never have enough runeword ideas ;)
Last edited by mishy23 on Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”