Skills Preview v1 discussion thread [MODERATOR TITLE]

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Skills Preview v1 discussion thread [MODERATOR TITLE]

Post by mishy23 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:29 pm

Not a bad idea, the paldins fire spell (fire pillar) is slightly like that,
no FOH animation, more of a fire bolt, that immolates when it hits.
You'll see soon, maybe that will do.
I dont like FOH, its mechanics or anything, it doesnt even use a missile
its an overlay that shows when you target a monster, so you cant have it spawn sub missiles, and its just a pain, so i scrapped foh completely (except for cast on hit stuff)
I think i'm gonna go crazy for this last fire spell and try and make something totally inventive, where you cant even tell what spell it originally came from
-mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:10 am

Okay I let sorcs keep Meteor because the fire spell I made I wanted druids to have....taking the place of armageddon is...INFERNO STORM
and well, I will let this screenshot speak for itself,

album_page.php?pic_id=479

Also lots of little spells have been tweaked, and alot have been renamed with better descriptions.
Druid firestorm -> Now Flash Fire and looks alot nicer.
Other spells with graphical changes are:
charged bolt
frost nova
fire claws: actually this is in experimental phase, as its a whirlwind like attack and its a little buggy, but try it out next preview release just cause its funny

-Mishy23

Silverfire

Post by Silverfire » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:56 am

Infernostorm...looks pretty =D

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:57 am

Good god thats a large AoE! Looks fantastic though.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:36 pm

Hehe, yeah real large radius, thats a bit uncontrollable.
Here's how it works,
A spark is spawned, and travles in the blessed hammer way, spiralling around the player, but the missile is actually like a frozen orb in that it is constantly spawning off more misiles, but these additional missiles are actually firewalls, and at the end of the spiral the spark explodes into some more immolation fire stacks.
I need to put a time delay on this, in testing phase there was none and
man could you really set the screen on fire, amazingly with 10 of these infernos on the screen there was no lag...
-Mishy23

Okay now if i have time today, some minor clean-up, some major string work, and a new skills preview release.

My fire whirlwind skills isnt working, gotta create a new werebear attack ;(
-Mishy23

EDIT:
Okay after careful dilberations with myself, I am removing fire claws and hunger, and replacing with a curse and a warcry.
Druids now get confusion, and howl. Both bears and wolfies can use both.
-
Last edited by mishy23 on Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:41 pm

Howl seems logical for a werewolf ;). As for the fire ww, why didn't it work? Couldn't you just use the WW skill and instead of added damage make it fire damage?

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:25 pm

Thats exactly what I did, except the animation sequence for WW
in wereform looks really bad, basically looks like The Ber is just standing there gliding across the ground, and if you click anywhere, you have the bear trying to look like he's walking to where your pointing, but still gliding towards where the WW was leading him, meaning while enemies get hit.

Sometimes i'm a perfectionist, and i would have kept it if the animation was better. And you cant chang the animation or you lose the baility to do damage every frame in th whirlwind.
-Mishy23

Nod i was removing howl anyway from Barb, and it does logically fit in with werewolves, as does confusion as in lots of werewolf genres, ppl that witness a werewolf transform go into catatonic state, and cant remember what they just saw. Atlast whitewolf's(TM) version of werewolves.

EDIT: Skills preview #2 has just been finished, it should be hosted in a day or two the most. Will keep you posted, and while only paladin is all new, alot of other skills had some editting, and renaming, and well i hope you like it.
-Mishy23
Last edited by mishy23 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sir Xavius
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Sir Xavius » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:16 pm

Hey you guys, after monitoring your back-and-forth, i've noticed you're putting together alot of nice spell effects. May i suggest that you affix some of these you can't find a spot for in the Skills tabs to new Unique items or even Unique monsters. There sounds like a boatload of new graphical and damage FX that should not go to waste! :cool:

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:42 pm

I don't plan on tossing anything away, unless its really that bad,
I do not have many unique items in the mod (well actually I have been adding new ones lately)
but I do have tons of unique runewords, and I definately will be using some skills as item-only if there is no room for them with the class skills.

I know my updates have been scarce and work has been slow but check up occasionally, I still am working on the mod, just not fulltime like i would like too, until life gets a bit easier and i find some more time.
-Mishy

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”