Skills preview verions 2 discussion

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Skills preview verions 2 discussion

Post by mishy23 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:29 am

SKILLS PREVIEW #2 is ready for download!

download here:
https://d2mods.info//forum/dload.php?ac ... le_id=1177

Discuss, well right here in this thread!

Paldin is bran spankin' new, but lots of updates to the three previous done charatcers. Let me know what you think.
-Mishy23

EDIT:

known bugs (yes already found some)
Confusion (druid) - does not work, incorrect srv function set-up, fixed now, also meant to be casted in were form, and right now does the oppoiste.
Howl (druid) - meant to be castable in wereform only, fixed now
Avalanche (druid) - not meant to have casting delay, fixed now
True Faith - damage display on character screen incorrect, fixed now

-Mishy23

EDIT2: 10/18
No thoughts on second skills preview?
Paladin skills like/dislikes?

Currently working on barbarian skills, have them all planned and so far so good. My cold melee attack is working 100% :) AoE cold blast when you swing at a monster. This class will be changing alot of skills.
There will be 2 new crossbow skills in combat tab (currently planning on Boomerang effect and a strafe-like firestorm like skill)
Last edited by mishy23 on Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm

I haven't downloaded it yet. I've got insomnia and I just got off of a 96 hour no sleep period. I've slept solid for 2 days and this is my awakening. I'll edit this post when I DL it.

EDIT: Paladin's loyalty description has a misspelling of Paladin (says paldin) and also needs to pluralize gain. Also, you gain the bonuses whether or not you wield a sceptre.

EDIT2: Honor doesn't give MF bonus (according to the display from PlugY.) EDIT: Disregard this, I think PlugY doesn't display a bonus lower than 5%, and since it only gives 4% I'm thinking thats why...

EDIT3: Pillar of Flame gives the sound of a bow being shot when casted, as well as the regular fire sound.

EDIT4: None of the skills that say you'd get health back actually give health back. Including auras that heal, skills that heal per kill, etc etc.

DRUID: Inferno Storm NEEDS A TIMER!

EDIT 5: Necros need more starting AR. Items need rebalanced.
Last edited by godheadslament on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Skills preview verions 2 discussion

Post by mishy23 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:13 am

Okay first off inferno storm does need a timer, and had one four seconds after i realized this, it snuck into the preview OOPS have fun while you can.

Hmm i'll test the sceptre thingy, i cant let that skill be without the restriction, +4to all skills at high level.

Pillar of flame: check will fix, thats what i get basing it off immolation arrow :P

Hmm you figuring out the healing from what plugy is saying, cause I used fervor at high level, and when i killed things it definately gave me health back, remember its when you kill demons, maybe description is skewed.

What other skills not healing...prayer not working????
maybe i accidently messed soemthing up, and one else noticing this??

Besides bugs, what do you think of the new melee skills, seem decent, pointless, okay...
what about Paladins final melee skill.

-mishy23

once skills are done definatley rebalancing items, especially runewords, gotta fix all skills that appear on them.
And AR is one thing i will be looking at, for beginning levels, u gotta pick on the orange creatures only, stay away from the blue ;)
Last edited by mishy23 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:15 am

I love all of the new skills and even just reading the descriptions you came up with.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:34 am

Hmm, all bugs fixed, except the fact that
loyalty is granting the bonus to skill levels no matter if you are wielding
a sceptre or not, but the melee dmg and ar are working on each, and i think the other bonuses are okay, i'm gonna be sad if there is no way for this to work.

Let me know what exact skills arent granting heal on kill and ill test that out as well.
Gotta go to sleep already long day ahead of me.
-Mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:11 am

So far ANY skill that's supposed to heal isn't, I could double check tomorrow. Including prayer. It doesn't even show the aura anim underneath.

Silverfire

Post by Silverfire » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:56 pm

On the loyalty thing, why don't you have it be like each skill of that triad gives +1 to all skills per 12-14 levels, so each group has something and still is +3 max, consider it like a generic high passive bonus and if it was possible, chance of stunning would be good for a sceptre.

everything else looked good, although before you release the next full version, do a full runthrough of the runewords and make sure there aren't any of them that have a nonexistant skill to give +s to

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:16 pm

I agree with Silver on the passives thing.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:07 am

Well no worries definatley gonna re-work all the current runewords to make sure that they give appropriate skills :)
I knew I would have to do this since the beginning.

And i think i have a way to make the passives work how i want, if not I will keep them in but some of the bonuses like +1 to skills wont appear until later levels.

-Mishy23

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:17 am

[quote=godheadslament";p="198056"]EDIT2: Honor doesn't give MF bonus (according to the display from PlugY.) EDIT: Disregard this, I think PlugY doesn't display a bonus lower than 5%, and since it only gives 4% I'm thinking thats why...[/quote]

I don't know how you have this result, but PlugY normally display all %MF include bonus less than 5%...
If it's a bug, can you explain exactly how have you it ? (I haven't this mod)
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:31 pm

At level one the skill grants 4% MF and either the skill wasn't giving the MF or plugY wasn't displaying the MF. It's probably the skill.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:41 pm

From my play experience all other abilities these passive stats grant are working (hard to test a low MF bonus).
My only though is that PlugY checks all equipment for bonuses, but maybe not skills? as no skills granted MF bonuses in most versions of D2.

For sure, the increased attack speed, max hp% and XP bonus all work.
Did you have this skill at level2? At level1 there is no MF bonus, only at level 2 and above.

I will be redesigning these 3 passive skills to not be based on weapon type, and the bonuses will be different, but one will still be MF% so I hope this is working.

-Mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:46 pm

Hm, actually I think the base level was 1, but since I had the +1 skills it may have been two... I think that could've done it.

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:42 pm

PlugY take the information directly in the player structure and do no calcul for display the %MF.
The value printed is the value which D2 will use for the next swing. (warning if you use 2 weapons...)
DualPlayer

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:07 am

Thank you for your answer Yohann!
GHL, we will test this again after i change some things, I think the +skills showing up is display only and not actually effecting skills, therefore the +1 showing that you had MF% from the passive skill was fake.

Make any sense?
-Mishy23

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:18 am

Don't misunderstand me, I can have a bug in PlugY.
But if bug there are, isn't because I forgot to check skills or items...

Btw, I have already found a bug in Dark Alliance Test with PlugY display :mrgreen:
DualPlayer

Zuzie

Post by Zuzie » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:38 am

The skill's working fine for me; I'm definetly getting the bonus to skill levels and I had 4% mf showing up on my plugY display.

The paladin's skills are really great, by the way. The only thing I miss are those synergies, but I'll learn to manage. Oh, and one of the skill descriptions mentions the paladin's "pity"; I'm guessing you meant "piety".

:arrow: And congrats (albeit a tad bit late) on getting your own forum Mishy!

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”