Need skill ideas for ASN/AMA

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

No votes

Total votes: 0

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Need skill ideas for ASN/AMA

Post by mishy23 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:21 pm

Okay planning the last two classes now, and there is some gaps for
amazon and assassin and well my brain is used up, so if anyone has an idea for a skill/spell for these two classes let me know. Even if its just a concept it could be something I could build on.

Here are some ideas of skills I need:
Amazon:
1) 3 skills in passive tab to replace innersight, slow missiles, etc..
Could be curses, spells, passives, auras..
2) spear/jav skills, amazon using charge-ups, i need three different skill ideas for a pheonix strike like attack, what would the 3 seperate charge-ups do? amazons mostly fo fire and ltng and phy dmg.
3) a thrown jav skill
4) 2 spells for amazon, 1 fire-based, 1 pois-based, could be trap
5) elemental arrow attacks: need 1 poison, 1 fire, 1phys, 1ltng.

Assassin:
1) Need 2 trap ideas, non-elemental, or magic damage based, and 1 cold trap ideas (not inferno-like)
2) Need lots of melee attack ideas as they use no-charge ups, redoing entire tree, keep kick attacks?
3) need 4 spells, keeping in mind they are mage-hunters
4) also need 3 spell ideas for demon hunting

Thanks,
-mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:43 pm

Amazon:
1.) If you took concentrate from the pally (haven't gotten preview yet) give it to her. It does take concentration to be accurate with a bow
2.)For the phoenix strike attack... the first charge would double her damage (if possible), second would release a firewall, and the third would release a nova. As the skill is leveled, the first charge would get enhanced damage as well as double, second would increase damage, duration, and distance, third would increase damage, and maybe release multiple novae.
3.)Strafe with javs maybe?
4.)Does the assassin still have venom? If not give ama venom. Call it poison tipped arrows or something.
5.)If number four isn't possible, create a poison arrow called poison tipped arrows.

Asn:
1.)Take wake of inferno and give it knockback and magic damage.
2.)I don't like the idea of kick attacks, seperate damages suck. Your weapon could have you doing 5k damage and your boots only giving a 5-12 kick. Give the assassin a mastery for her katanas and stuff.
3.)Give the assassin a spell to maybe temporarily freeze either one or a few enemies. Not cold freeze, but like time freeze. This would prevent the mages she's killing from casting spells.
4.)Maybe a statechange to give enhanced damage/AR against demons?

a1steak

Post by a1steak » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:43 pm

You said you want a differnet type of trap right?i dont know much about modding but maybe a skill that shoots those blade furys.

For zon a chain lighting arrow would be cool.maybe to strong though.but it hits they monster and a chain lighting goes off of it.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:08 am

Is there any way to have a castable curse or spell or something that could prevent monsters from using their skills? If you could call it magic bind or something along those lines...

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Need skill ideas for ASN/AMA

Post by mishy23 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:59 am

You people read my mind ;)

First off one of the few amazon skills planned, is going to be
a bow version of lightning fury, as i am taking out jav version.

Second i was trying to find a way to cast a silence spell for assassins too, but i dont think its possible, i was going to post here and see what ppl thought.
-Mishy23 ;)

thanks for the good ideas

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:04 am

Sounds cool, I still need to check out the Skills preview to see the new skills. :-| I had some ideas at work today but they completely slipped my mind....I can't remember them :x

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:14 am

Hmm thought of a possibly solution to silence type spell, i canmaybe make a curse with a huge huge huge casting delay, monsters casting spells that take 30 seconds to cast is as good as silencing hehe
i'm gonna try this out.
-Mishy23

Phaen

Post by Phaen » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:20 pm

Other "curses" might hold a monster in place, something like that.

Another thought for a strange sort of nova would be to teleport / knockback everything it hits. Give the player a way to make a run for it if needed. Give it a high attack rank or whatever. Might work. Sorta like the barb. skill, but as an aura perhaps. <shrugs>

--Phaen

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”