Godhead's Report

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

No votes

Total votes: 0

DiabloClone16

Re: Godhead's Report

Post by DiabloClone16 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:05 am

I think it should be Dclone only, i mean, thats the whole idea, isnt it?

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:17 am

Perhaps make DClone drop like a first-time-killed boss. Y'know what I'm saying?

Vishnu the punching barb has hit level 20! He's punched his way into my heart as well. He's turning out to be one of the most fun characters I've played, and the sound it makes when he punches someone... Magic, pure magic baby. ;)

P.S.- Increase weapon glove damages a bit...

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:18 am

@DClone16: You're right, it was the whole idea, back in 1.10.. but we're better than that here! We have the option of change! But if you really want to keep it the way it was, I'll think about keeping it that way. I just wish there weren't so many other possibilities.. ;)

EDIT: @Godhead: Oh man, tell me about it. I would have gotten a lot more done if I hadn't spent so much time running around with that 2-piece glove set. :)

See now here we go.. Is it increase gauntlet damage or decrease elemental skill damages? Which difficulty would play better? If I increase gauntlet damage do I need to increase the other weapons as well? Actually, since I based the gauntled damage off of Assassin claws (which I always thought had too low of damage in the first place) I'll probably be safe just upping the fists a little for now.
Last edited by Seaular on Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

DiabloClone16

Post by DiabloClone16 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:44 am

Wavedancer my Light sorc has hit 19, and is in act 2 doing sewers. So far lightning sorcs do well in act 1 right until the inner cloister, then its hell. It was very hard for me to kill andariel, i had to shoot her eh.. maybe 230 times? Lightning was at 13, Nova 2, Light Mastery 2, Fast Cast 2.

Woot i get to use new mana potions, and i have 3 parts of the Hereos set, missing pokey's robe, but i only use the helm and boots, the gloves arent really sorcish, and i have a 40% MF belt, muhahah eat that Goldwrap.

I love the "Arena" Keys, too cool, and the little spot you go to is neat.

Maybe you could tone up lightnings cast rate at the start or perhaps damage? I'll continue to play now and see more as I go.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:30 am

Just noticed a little spelling error. Items with "of the Univers" on them. Should be universE.

EDIT: While on the topic, could you perhaps lower level requirements for items such as this? By the time I'm able to use them I already have much better equipment. Also take into mind that when you reach the required level you probably don't need the stat boost in the first place.
Last edited by godheadslament on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:01 am

Just noticed a little spelling error. Items with "of the Univers" on them. Should be universE.
Well, since I practically doubled the length of patchstring.tbl I should expect a couple of spelling errors.. Are you sure it's supposed to be "of the Universe"? Maybe it's supposed to be "of the Unicorns" :)

Er yeah, magic prefixes and suffixes kind of fell out of the wagon a while ago. I made most of them so long ago that I forgot all about them or how they were supposed to fit in. I'll do some gardening in there and make them pretty again.
Last edited by Seaular on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:13 am

I'll be posting around 110 screenshots within the next day or so! Be prepared!

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:30 am

godheadslament";p="201190" wrote: I'll be posting around 110 screenshots within the next day or so! Be prepared!
Oh god, they're not all typos and glitches are they? 8-O

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:57 am

Lol. Well I had to put a cancel on that as the .zip was around 56 MBs! Let's just say I have around 25 personal stash pages of sets/uniques and some nice rares/magics. I've gotten a couple +1 skills jewels popped into my personal gear as well. ;)

EDIT: Use this link to look at a few of the images I've uploaded. There will be more in due time. Tell me if you have any problems. http://photobucket.com/albums/v344/nove ... Screenies/
Last edited by godheadslament on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:01 am

godheadslament";p="201199" wrote: EDIT: Use this link to look at a few of the images I've uploaded. There will be more in due time. Tell me if you have any problems. http://photobucket.com/albums/v344/nove ... Screenies/
Hey man, that's pretty cool. I'm glad you did that. :)

What kind of stats were on that jewel that's in your Balrog Skin? 73% MF +5% XP? How often do things reach the selling cap? I didn't think 500k would ever get hit. That's nuts. You're rich!

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:04 pm

The one in my balrog skin was earth something or other I believe. I'm not 100% sure. Yeah I'm rich, I go around and collect as many armors as I can and sell them to vendors. Not to mention the countless gems I have no need for that sell for a hefty ransom.

EDIT: For those of you who may be getting an error from the link: Photobucket is currently going through some changes and the server will be back online in no time. Just try again in an hour or so.
Last edited by godheadslament on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:33 am

I think it's safe to resurrect this thread, no?

Well, here's a little update. I decided to retire (early) my fist-flingin'-fury-fighter barb. He's at level 30, about to finish A3, and just got a little too... blase'. IMO the barbs combat skills may need a little tweaking, as the same skills that were abused in Vanilla are the most viable in Underkill.

Started a hybrid amazon. She's around level 28, about to finish A2, and kickin' ass. HOWEVER (must I burst your bubble every time Seaular?), Flame Strike is horribly too strong. I have it at level one and the fire damage/second is just too dang high. I've killed EVERYTHING with just one swipe using it, and I have constant /players 8 on. Other than that things are pretty nice. I'm trying to decide between Lightning Fury and Frost Strike (I think it's called this) for my javs, and I have the usual Multi/Guided set up for my bow. I'll probably branch out later once I get synergies and things built up.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:01 pm

You're right, the Barb skills are pretty much the same. I think I planned on having things like Double Swing and Bash do a lot more damage, but again it's hard to keep those low-level skills viable without making them too strong early on. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make the early skills useful, or just try to make a few new combat skills.

Note taken on the damage of Flame Strike, I'll take that baby down somewhat.

Return to “Underkill”