The droprate of Sets/Uniqes in Act1!

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

No votes

Total votes: 0

kunzen

The droprate of Sets/Uniqes in Act1!

Post by kunzen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:17 pm

Finished playing Act1, and besides the SHOWDOWN-sets i managed to collect quite a bit of rares (apropiate amount i might add), 1 unique sword and 2 set items. My MF isn't worth mentioning.....

I killed aprox. 80% of the bad guys.

Just a notice for you, S!
My dad is stronger than yours...!!

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: The droprate of Sets/Uniqes in Act1!

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:35 pm

Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it!

As for the Portal Keys, how easy were they to find? Did you go looking for them? Did too many of them drop? I want to make them harder to find, not impossible, but to the point where you'll probably need to concentrate on killing a certain type of monster if you desperately want a particular key.

evilbill1782

Post by evilbill1782 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:30 am

I found four or five Pokey portal keys from Quill Rats in Blood Moor; no portal keys at all in the Cold Plains as yet but I was on autopilot when I fired it up and used 'players 8' like I always do for SP, so it's taking a while. LOL :)

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:51 am

evilbill1782";p="200815" wrote: I found four or five Pokey portal keys from Quill Rats in Blood Moor
Uh oh, that sounds like a few too many!

I'm going to have to drop that down a little (a lot). ;)

kunzen

Post by kunzen » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:52 pm

All together i found 1 Pokey, 2 Frostscruffs and 1 Gigaskull in act1. The 4th i couldn't find.....Didn't know to look, thou'
My dad is stronger than yours...!!

Molmoch

Post by Molmoch » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:43 pm

I might just be lucky, but I found one of each type of key before I hit the Tamoe Highlands. The complete set is nice, but if it is this easy to get... I also found getting the pieces of the set to be surprisingly easy. The battles there could be more difficult.

The helm portion also dropped from a different source. Is this intentional? Can you find any of them except for via the keys?

I like the idea behind the keys. Maybe have a generic key which give you a fight against a boss with minions of your char level to drop a random set item?

And for uniques, maybe two bosses with minions?

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:16 pm

I plan on adding a lot more keys that lead to a whole slew of different places/situations. There are only the 4 keys in Act 1 right now, mainly because I wasn't sure if the whole key idea would work out ok or not, and I didn't want to make 25 different keys/areas if it was just going to be a waste of time, but it sounds like it isn't.

The keys are supposed to be much harder to find, but how am I going to test if they work out ok if no one finds them in the beta? :)

Yeah, one downside of that set is that it can be found from other monsters. I haven't figured out a way to limit set items to particular drops (although I might have just thought of a way).

evilbill1782

Post by evilbill1782 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:06 pm

WRT the set, maybe use the same method that Blizz used so the Annihilus could only drop from the D clone?
As for the portal keys, the only reason I found four was because I was playing at 'players 8', the 'players 1' setting shouldn't yield anywhere near as many *g*

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:21 pm

evilbill1782";p="200981" wrote:WRT the set, maybe use the same method that Blizz used so the Annihilus could only drop from the D clone?
Well, what Blizz did was to raise the lvl of the Annihilus to 110 so that only lvl 110 monsters (D Clone) could drop it. I suppose I could set the superuniques in the portals to a lvl above 100, but that might screw up their other drops. I suppose if I made it so they could only drop one item, that particular set item, there wouldn't be a problem. I'll think about it some more..

evilbill1782

Post by evilbill1782 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:27 pm

Ah, yeah, I'd forgotten about that. And if you made the portal key bosses lvl 100+, they'd also start dropping Annihiluses, plus it'd be impossible for a level 10 char to get any exp from them or even hit them. *g*

AzN0MN1P073N7

Post by AzN0MN1P073N7 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:15 am

i found a portal key.. used it.. and the game crashed.. i have a post somewhere about that...

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:28 am

You may not get a response for a couple reasons. A) This mod is now unsupported. B) The mod creator has not logged in since December. C) This thread is almost 2 years old.

Please keep in mind the last posted date when replying in a thread.

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Return to “Underkill”