Underkill Beta: Skill Discussion

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

No votes

Total votes: 0

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Underkill Beta: Skill Discussion

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:29 pm

Ok, there are currently many different posts floating around about skills, and it's getting hard to keep track of. Use this thread to give me feedback on all things skills: mana costs, requirements, damage, display, or anything else. I'll try to keep this post updated accordingly.

Amazon
-Some of the Amazon skill icons are ugly (Multiple Shot for one..)
-Wave of Poseidon has an unrelated skill icon (A winged boot? Huh?)

Assassin
-Claw charges are only using one weapon. Does this make dual-wielding worthless?
-Shuriken Fan: Too powerful? (the mana cost was also way too low)
-The Shadow Master currently can't use Shuriken Fan (fixed in the next patch)

Barbarian
(This Space for Rent)

Druid
-Should Feral Rage get its lifesteal back and eliminate Blood Thirst? Keep Feral Rage the way it is and remove the life drain on Blood Thirst? Leave 'em both?

Necromancer
-Effectiveness of Teeth, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit? Do they need some new pizazz?
-The damage of Poison Web is always 0-1 on the character window
-Is Poison Web doing too much damage? Should it be swapped with Acid Rain? Are the two skills too similar in the first place? Should one be removed from the tree?
-Should the Necro get more elemental variation in his skills? Too much poison, too much magic?

Paladin
-Not enough combat skills?

Sorceress
-Too much damage? Or is the game just generally too easy. Might have to wait to get a true answer on this one until more characters are tested.
-Lightning Storm has a level 30 requirement! It should be 18! :( (fixed in the next patch)

Combat Talents
-Do any seem worthless?
-Should any be combined? (attack speed/run speed?)
-Should Iron Skin also receive an increasing "Damaged Reduced by %"?

Magic Talents
-Magic Pierce does not work at all! If I can't find a way to get this to work, what should it be replaced with? If Magic Pierce is removed should Magic Mastery be removed as well?
-Magic Mastery only works with your characters own skills (like a hidden synergy)
-Summons are currently boring and ineffective
Last edited by Seaular on Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

BrotherDog
Paladin

Re: Underkill Beta: Skill Discussion

Post by BrotherDog » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:10 am

I was so dissapointed to see my favorite skills missing from my favorite classes...

Assassin:
Where is her double-strike finnishing move? Will it be back?
Instead of "Shadow Warrior/Master", how about a draconic being? Like maybe the "PS:T - Tricha"? :mrgreen:

Druid:
Where are Spirit of the Barbs, Summon DireWolf, and Solar VIne?
How about combining all the vines into one, and maybe using the unused original FlowerDaemon anims? It would do Poison damage on attacks, and extract mana from corpses for party members. Bring back the DireWolves for replenishing life... :mrgreen: As far as the FeralRage issue goes I rarely if ever use his Lycanthropic abilities, so sorry, I have input on that. I've always focused more on Summons and Elemental abilities.

Necromancer:
Where are the Skeletal Mages? Why not give him a Bone Golem instead of the Clay? :mrgreen:

Sorceress:
Why no Staff mastery?
Last edited by BrotherDog on Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:25 pm

always thought paladin should have some kind of weapon enchant that gives % damage to demons and undead while adding ar% call it tyraels blessing or soemthing and makes whatever weapon hes using turin white perhaps and check out my enchant idea under skill comments i think it is
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

Bobz

Post by Bobz » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:03 pm

Necromancer
-Is Poison Web doing too much damage? Should it be swapped with Acid Rain? Are the two skills too similar in the first place? Should one be removed from the tree?
-Should the Necro get more elemental variation in his skills? Too much poison, too much magic?

Remove AcidRain is a good idea!
And I think, a Necro shoud be differ from a Sor , he is not a good caster,but a powerful summoner(or curser?).So what about give Nec a special golem?

Toranagras

Post by Toranagras » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 pm

what about skeleton mastery. .. seems skells dont get strong enough to be usefull lateron

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:43 am

Previous post is Dec 18, 2004....and the mod is no longer supported....I dont think anyone will be working on this anytime soon, sorry...

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Return to “Underkill”