feedback

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

inv_user
Squire

feedback

Post by inv_user » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:16 pm

haven't been playing a whole hell of a lot, but i'm nearing the end of act 2 and think i've spent enough time with the mod to provide some useful feedback.

for reference sake i'm using an amazon with flame arrow as my main skill.

i'm liking this skill system a lot as everything is useful (and the option to re-allocate skill points was a great addition).

balance doesn't appear to be an issue - it's neither too easy nor too hard. i had a bit of a tough time at the beginning of the second act but it's been fairly smooth sailing since i switched to an act 2 mercenary.

just a couple of issues i've encountered that i don't believe have been mentioned yet:

the new runewords don't seem to be working. or at least one of them isn't. i found a scroll for the "amity" word on shields, calling for an El-Nef combo. I put them in a shield with 2 sockets and nothing happened... i simply received the bonuses from the individual runes. haven't yet tried out any of the other new words.

also, not sure what this is about but the ghoul lords in the arcane sanctuary don't seem to be doing ANY damage with their fire wall type spell. i can stand right in the middle of the inferno and incure no harm. odd.

anyway, other than that i'm enjoying the hell out of this mod. keep up the good work, sir!

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: feedback

Post by Seaular » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:34 pm

Are you positive you didn't mistakenly put them in the wrong order or use the wrong runes? (No, I don't think you're stupid, I just need to double check. ;)) I re-checked everything and tried it out myself, and it worked, HOWEVER, instead of being called "Amity" it was called "Friendship." I guess I should have checked the tbl files to see if Blizz did any last minute changes to the open runewords they left. :roll:

I don't know what to say about the Ghoul Lord fire issue other than, "I'll check into it."

DiabloClone16

Post by DiabloClone16 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:05 am

Awww, friendship shield, Demon face, meet my shield, shield, meet Demon face, ooh, that bash was a little bloody. Yes it was.

inv_user
Squire

Post by inv_user » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:39 am

yeah, i'm sure i put the runes in the proper order. just tried it again, though, and it worked just fine (showing up as "friendship"). when i originally tried it out i used a rare shield - perhaps there's an issue with that?

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:54 am

You gotta use plain socketed items. Rare/Set/Unique items won't allow runewords in them.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:09 am

Yeah, I thought about the possibility that you used a 2-socketed non-normal shield after I myself accidentally tried it out on a magic 2-socketed shield. I was like, "oh crap, he's right. It doesn't work," but then I noticed that it was a Mechanics Small Shield or something. :oops:

Runewords currently only work in normal items. I know that there are a few other mods that allow runewords in sets/uniques/whatever but there are a whole slew of overpowered issues with items like that.

inv_user
Squire

Post by inv_user » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:09 am

bah - i really shoud've figured that. sorry for making you pointlessly check on the runeword like that.

and the ghoul lord thing may very well have been due to my character's high heal stamina coupled with good fire resist.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:20 am

As for the firewall thing, I think its a Vanilla D2 bug. As long as I've known I could stand in their firewalls and take zero damage.

Return to “Underkill”