7L Paladins - Fanatasism versus Concentration

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Aular

7L Paladins - Fanatasism versus Concentration

Post by Aular » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:41 pm

Just wondering if there were any higher level paladins in Seven Lances out and about.

I've noticed that both Concentration and Fanatasism are significantly changed.

Concentration starts at a higher damage (60%), and adds 10 per level. As I just turned level 30, I have fanatasism - which is at a 20% damage. What's the per level add on for Fanatasism? Is it a curve, linear?

I've compared them at slvl 1 now ... and I think I'm favoring the speed increase over the damage and uninteruptability. Especially as a Ranger with a Bow - the speed was quite noticeable.

Just wanted to hear some other paladin's opinions on the topic ;)

*bows*
Aular of the Light
Elder, Webmaster and Scribe Master; Knights of the Forgotten Order

aurikan

Post by aurikan » Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:27 am

Unfortunately, Fanatacism gets only a rather pathetic 3% damage increase per level, which really pales in respect to Conc's 10% and Might's 14%. However, I don't think Conc or Might add to AR, and Fana adds 35%+5%/level AR. Essentially, a solo Pala aiming for high damage should use Might or Conc, a party pala aiming for damage should use Conc, and Fanatacism should be used for the speed increase rather than the damage.

The radius is fixed at 7.3 yards on Fana, and 6 yards on Might. The radius on Concentration is large at higher levels. (=6 + 4/3 * Level)

On the other hand, Fana's speed increase (which remember is non-diminished) asymptotically approaches 60%, so at level 20, it is 51%. This allows you to use pretty much any old slug of a weapon and be blazing fast with it.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:08 am

Yep, and undiminished weapon speed increase dramatically increases your damage per time. Skill damage bonuses just add to your strength and other bonuses, wheras with weapon speed it's about as good as multiplying, PLUS it affects those elemental damages and lets you trigger special effects more often. The numbers look low but fanat is overall still very nice.

Might actually does a little more damage than conviction now, but conviction has a higher uninterruptible chance.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:36 pm

thanks to god there is someone who make a good mod where Might give more ED than concentration and Fanaticism.

Every aura has now is uses as it should be :)

maybe add 1% chance of deadly strike to might per Skill point maybe to overpowered, but its very nice in this patch.

I was bored to play in Bnet and see all Paladins using Zeal + Fanaticism (I'm a Concentration lover). thank you for the change :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Return to “Seven Lances”