Few questions regarding SL

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Ihop

Few questions regarding SL

Post by Ihop » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:01 am

I just downloaded this mod a few days ago and have been playing SP mode for a while already.

Is multiplayer option available? Obviously this ain't gonna run on Bnet, so how do I join multiplayer games, if there's any?

Also, is there any links (I checked with the SL website, but couldn't seem to find any) about merc info? I know act2 mercs have more than just one aura each, and act5 mercs seem to have new skills too. But what about act1/3? Would be thankful if someone can provide more information on mercs.

Lastly, I thought minions losing hp is to balance players 8 or hp scaling in multiplayer games, so why do they tend to die faster in players 1? It seems the negative regen rate does not decrease with less players in the game, and they even lose life while in town as well.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:54 am

Act 1 and 3 mercs are basically the same.

Minions *should* lose the same percentage of total life per time no matter the player count. So they should die just as fast from regen in players 1 or players 8. Not sure why they aren't if that's the case, seems to work that way for me...

You can play multiplayer on open bnet or TCP/IP, IF the other players are also using the mod. Or if someone set up a BnetD type realm.

Ihop

Thanks...one more question.

Post by Ihop » Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:39 am

Now that one of the char has advanced to act2, she hired the town guard and went down to the sewers.

I noticed that the guard didn't actively attack skeletons unless he's either hit by a melee attack, or within melee range to a skeleton.

I figured the reason was that it was a defensive merc, so I hired a combat merc instead, still the same behavior. Changed to an offensive one but it was the same as well.

Several times it just stood there while half a dozen archers shooting fire arrows at it.

Is that normal? Would act5 mercs have the same AI?

I'm fairly certain that minions seem to be on the brink of death faster in player1 than player8. Can't really tell exactly how much hp a wolf or vine lose per 'tick,' though. Also, vines sometimes lose life in town, and sometimes not.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:40 pm

Well, it is true that enemy monsters will still kill them faster in players 1 :lol: But you didn't mean that did you?

The Act 2 mercs get teleport at level 18 so they will jump in and help you out. I don't like that restriction and am trying to find a way around it.

Ihop

Heh

Post by Ihop » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:21 am

Obviously, I summoned minions in town and watched their hp.

I probably still don't understand how exactly the negative regen works, but I could be fairly sure that their hp drops in larger 'chunks' in player1 than player8. (and it occurred to me, does prayer aura help or it will be useless in player8 mode?)

Still, I guess the 50 tp scroll tome is there for a reason.

Gonna try to get a few ppl to hook up a tcp/ip game...

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:08 am

That might be it.

Prayer becomes relatively LESS useful for minions in players 8 than players 1. Because the amount of degeneration increases, but the amount of healing does not increase.

So for example, say you have an 100 HP minion, that loses 5% per second. So it loses 5 health per second. Say prayer gives you 3 health per second. Net loss, 2 per second, 2%.

Now, bump up to players 8. 800 HP minion, 5% per second, that's now 40 health/second. Prayer is still doing only 3 health improvment per second, net loss 37 health/second, 4.6%.

Kind of screwy.. :-|

Ihop

Why not change prayer to %-based regen?

Post by Ihop » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:53 am

If it isn't technically possible or too tedious, that is.

I guess even if it's %-based, prayer might end up being too powerful for either the minions or the players? It'd still be much more useful than its current form, though.

Can't wait to see just how act5 merc does ww... I really should just focus on one char, instead of making half a dozen and playing them all at once, hahaha.

Any plan to boost act3 mercs? Maybe higher skill caps or new spell once the merc gain certain levels? Those casters are probably the weakest mercs due to low skill caps/damage output. Not that useful for most builds. (some people migh argue that cold merc can provide crowd control, but so can an act2 holy freeze merc. Not to mention the town guard will also deal physical damage.)

Ah, that reminds me, is there any place/links where I can check the skill info on each class for this mod?

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:19 am

The prayer on your merc is a "weaker" variety, the paladin's full level 20+ prayer isn't that bad.

Act 3 fire and lightning mercs were boosted somewhat. Cold mercs have always been great for their cold abilities, even more so since act 2 mercs got the holy freeze level reduced.

Ihop

Ahh ok

Post by Ihop » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:43 pm

Probably won't make a monk variant anytime soon due to the lack of multiplayer games.

Now we just don't need bowazons anymore if act1 merc can multishot...

What, burrizons? Naahhh, anything with burrito is a class by itself...

Return to “Seven Lances”